Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The telephone microphone that came with my kenwood radio mounts in a bracket on top of the steering column. woks well but is sort of intrusive in that location. Does anyone know of maybe a button disc type mic that I could mount inside the A pillar?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have wired a built in onstar microphone directly in place of the one supplied with the radio with good results before. Was in my friends 07 gxp

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have wired a built in onstar microphone directly in place of the one supplied with the radio with good results before. Was in my friends 07 gxp
Was that the small mic that is already in the A pillar? I changed out original A pillar cover but I think I still have that mic.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I mounted the microphone that came with the radio near the top of the windshield right by the left visor. I ran the wire down the A pillar and had plenty of wire left over. I then used a foam Mic screen to cut down on the wind noise when driving.

The mic is fairly close to my face when driving so it works much better in that location. I'm able to use it with the top down (with windows up) and no one complains about the audio quality. that seemed to be the easiest and most convenient way to install the Mic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts