Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been running my Trifecta tune for around a year now and was quite happy with it. It was def better than stock and felt faster too. A few days ago I did a HPT log and realized the car could prob do a bit more.

So now im running a base tune from Term and here is the current major differences.

Trifecta
60mph - 100mph: 7.5 seconds
Max airflow: 27.3lbs/min SAE

Term2:
60mph-100mph: 5.8 seconds
Max airflow: 28.9lbs/min SAE

I will note, these are not final results, this is the base file Term sent me and it already out performed Trifecta. Not to bash Vince, he has tuned a few of my cars in the past few years, but man, is this tune a lot faster

·
Registered
271 Posts
So I have been running my Trifecta tune for around a year now and was quite happy with it. It was def better than stock and felt faster too. A few days ago I did a HPT log and realized the car could prob do a bit more.

So now im running a base tune from Term and here is the current major differences.

Trifecta
60mph - 100mph: 7.5 seconds
Max airflow: 27.3lbs/min SAE

Term2:
60mph-100mph: 5.8 seconds
Max airflow: 28.9lbs/min SAE

I will note, these are not final results, this is the base file Term sent me and it already out performed Trifecta. Not to bash Vince, he has tuned a few of my cars in the past few years, but man, is this tune a lot faster
Nice. I'm not sure what your mods are but those are pretty good numbers. I had a similar experience when I got tuned by Term2. I had a simple dyno tune before that was OK, but Term2 really dialed the car in for me.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mods:

- intake
- ZZP catless down pipe

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Is that with an automatic or are you just romping it in 3rd? I have a Trifecta budget tune and I know I can go from 60 to 100 in well under 7.5 seconds. In 3rd, it's more like 5.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that with an automatic or are you just romping it in 3rd? I have a Trifecta budget tune and I know I can go from 60 to 100 in well under 7.5 seconds. In 3rd, it's more like 5.
Auto, don't have the luxury of picking. But the 2 tunes do not include adjustments to the TCM, we currently both waiting for the Beta in order to make those changes.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Hmm. interesting. I'll have to try mine and see what I come up with. If I hit it just right, I get a real good drive and it pings the rev limiter in seconds. I think I can do 100 in 3rd but 60 may be too fast to get that kick. 4th is probably best. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not to be technical, but us manuals can't hit 100 in 3rd alone, it requires a shift. Usually when tuning I try to keep my pulls from 60-100 in 4th so that I take the shift variable out of the equation when trying to see if my times are improving.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Ok, I wasn't sure. close though. I'll try it in 4th.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Im def curious what you guys come up with, i used HPT to track the time difference, so they are quite accurate, and technically trifecta got the benefit of the doubt bc its actually 60-99mph, Term was 60-100. Reason is the frame after 99mph was 101mph. but with Term we were able to get the actual 60-100mph. He just sent me a revised tune, should see over 30lbs of air this time around, believe he mentioned my intake was throwing off MAF readings

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
well, mines only going to be as accurate as my Timex stopwatch and the speedometer but I figure if I can get away with 3 hits then it should be somewhat accurate. I'll do it tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Ive never heard of term2 and decided to look them up. didn;t find anything but came across this:
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ive never heard of term2 and decided to look them up. didn;t find anything but came across this:
[/URL][/IMG]
Term2 is a awesome tuner, Term2 is short for Terminator2 which is his screen name on most forums. Hard to find it bc google will always direct you to the terminator movie

Put it this way, he worked on a sky, they got 358whp and over 400wtrq out of the stock K04 on E47 blend

·
Registered
398 Posts
To hit 100 in 3rd you have to raise your red line to 7.5K. For logging 4th gear, pulls are fine, just a little fast. My tuner told me to stop sending him 4th gear pulls. My car hits 153 at the red line in 4th.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
yeah, when I smoked that V8 camaro a few months back, I was in 3rd and we hit it from about a 35mph roll. we were on the feeder and he was entering the freeway and I was in the right lane. I got well ahead of him after he beat me on the jump and when I looked down after the rev limiter shut me down, I was doing about 90. I hammered mine in 4th about a week ago and when I looked down, I was doing 120. it's crazy at how fast and effortlessly these things will hit 100.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I have received a few updates since then, fastest 60mph-100 is now 5.7. But that 100+ area accelerates so much faster. Car holds boost until it shifts at 6,300 rpm. We still have no made changes to TCM. During the 60-100, it starts in third and then shifts into fourth. So there is a shift in there. Im betting once be stiffen the shift and make them faster, that 5.7 might even drop a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
well, I took mine out last night but wasn't able to do 100 on the route I took. in 4th only though. 60 to 80 was slow and it would have taken well over 7 secs to do 100. in 3rd however, 60 to 80 is almost an instant thing.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
So I have received a few updates since then, fastest 60mph-100 is now 5.7. But that 100+ area accelerates so much faster. Car holds boost until it shifts at 6,300 rpm. We still have no made changes to TCM. During the 60-100, it starts in third and then shifts into fourth. So there is a shift in there. Im betting once be stiffen the shift and make them faster, that 5.7 might even drop a bit.
Does this tune have NLS?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have been reaching 120MPH in 5th and pulling only 4000RPM...Impossible to utilize the Trifecta tune with the Trak-Off on a wet road while attempting the best Time-to-Speed results.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Does this tune have NLS?
I want to try this one day. probably weird as hell and tough to get used to though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts