Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, the wait is unbearable! Especially after hearing that my Sol made it to Ohio, only to find out it is still in Delaware today. Deluke, you were right... unfortunately. But my dealership had a test Aggressive for a couple of hours, and seeing how I am #1 on their list I got a call to take a spin. We posed for pictures, met the regional rep Carmaleta, and the GM at Maxwell. They made me feel like royalty and this wasn't even my car. All I can say is OMG! What a work of art. Like a scuplture. All of the dimensions are perfect. Somebody is going to have to put Miata owners on a suicide watch when they see this thing for the first time in person. To anyone who is thinking of throwing in the towel. Don't. This car is everything they say it is. An instant classic. It will be worth it to be a beta tester for this thing for awhile. I still wish my Sly would get here, but this 10 minute visit with the genuine article has reinforced why I wanted this car in the first place. Thanks GM, despite all your problems, you still have some good people who care within your ranks. The wait continues...

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
It was ironic that the first car that came over to see the first two Solstices at the First NE Ohio Solstice Club Meet on Sunday was a Miata owner. He had a hard time thinking of anything his Miata had over the Solstice. He looked at his car and then the Solstices, his car and then the Solstices, I think he was finally ready to say "At least I didn't have to wait six months for mine" just before he left. His better judgement came through and he just wished us a good time and drive off with his tail between his legs. GM has a winner here. Their problem is getting them out for people to see. Once that happens GM should go crazy with orders. Right now they are swamped and nobody knows about the car except for car enthusiasts and some people who happened to be watching the right television station in the middle of April. It is only up from here. Just wait, the Solstice will be the new classic and the Miata will be just considered the car that started the two-seat roadster craze, not the car that brought it new life.

·
Registered
120 Posts
MX5 vs Solstice

The latest issues of Motor Trend and Car and Driver have full tests of Solstice vs MX5. The Solstice is wonderful and has what it takes, yet these two pubs. cannot bring themselves to admit that an american or even GM has built a better car.
I saw a Miata today that someone had attempted to modify to look like a 1954 Corvette. It was cute, like all Miata's. enough said.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Glad that you were able to at least test drive a Sol. How about posting those pics? :confused: How long of a drive did they allow you?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was a line of people and employees so I took it out for only about 10 minutes. I didn't want to overstay my welcome.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
... Just wait, the Solstice will be the new classic and the Miata will be just considered the car that started the two-seat roadster craze, not the car that brought it new life.
Not trying to be picky, just a bit more accurate: The Miata hardly started the two-seat roadster craze. It definitely revived it, especially in the U.S. Now the Solstice has refined and redefined it - LONG LIVE the SOLSTICE!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I wish I had a test drive!

I got to sit in one, that's all. It was, and still is, the only one delivered to the dealer so far. I called yesterday for a status and was told that it's next to impossible to get any info. The dealer's best guess is that I might get my car in the Spring. :willy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts