Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :willy: :willy:

I got an email when I got home that my dealer had a Solstice just for today until 9pm. Needless to say I got there fast to play with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the delay, had to eat dinner real quick. Acceleration was good, not crazy but really fun. Took onto the highway and up to 75 (a little more than that actually). The redline at 7k feels really high to me but I was getting used to it. It's a little weak at the start but power really starts to come on at about 2500 rpm and pulls strong all the way to the redline. I'm sure the starts would improve once I was used to it.

The exhaust note was alot lower than I expected but nice and throaty. Handling is out of this world. Qiuck responce from side to side with no slipage or hesitation at all. Anything else you want to know?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm 6'2'' and it was comfortable all around. The view was good for the most part but the drivers window pillar was further forward than I was used to. You do sit fairly low in it but it was still confortable to have my arm on the door. Rear view was firmly in the ok category but no worse than my 76 trans am. Of course my view of the sky was unobstructed hehe.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The dealer had a Solstice for today only? One wonders if that was a customer car that you were out driving around at 75+. I know if it was mine I'd be absolutely livid with the dealer.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
ojohnson said:
The dealer had a Solstice for today only? One wonders if that was a customer car that you were out driving around at 75+. I know if it was mine I'd be absolutely livid with the dealer.
... the real hold up with the 1st 1000 is due to Pontiac using them as demostration cars! :lol:

·
Registered
533 Posts
ojohnson said:
The dealer had a Solstice for today only? One wonders if that was a customer car that you were out driving around at 75+. ...
That was my first question when I read this post.

·
Registered
753 Posts
ojohnson said:
:agree:
if someone took my car out i'd be nuts....although driven hard is probably better for break-in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
From what I herd it was some sort of demo. They had several people going for drives and then it was off to another dealer.

·
4,592 Posts
Xenocide said:
From what I herd it was some sort of demo. They had several people doring for drives and then it was off to another dealer.
Did you catch how many miles it had on it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It had a little over 4k on it. From what I saw it had been driven all day.

·
Registered
162 Posts
What city and state is the dealer located?

·
Registered
600 Posts
gmviso said:
GM recommends that you not exceed 55MPH in the first 500 miles.
So, 11hrs after I get my car...............I can get on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would be nice to see all the dealers get a demo for just this purpose.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
Would be nice to see all the dealers get a demo for just this purpose.
:agree: It would be especially nice for those of us who probably won't see our Sols before the first snowfall. :willy:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
gmviso said:
GM recommends that you not exceed 55MPH in the first 500 miles.
Actually, I believe the Solstice owner's manual says not to exceed 70 mph during the break-in. Obviously, 55 would be a safe bet, but it doesn't appear necessary to go quite that slow anymore. Flagg posted the break-in info from the manual here ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65271&postcount=64

I think there is a scan of the relevant pages out there somewhere also.

·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
One of the pre-prod test cars
Well, with 4K miles, I would very much hope it wasn't someone's new car, could you imagine - the dealer says here you go, you're "new" solstice is here :lol:

And you look down and see 4000 on the odo :brentil:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts