Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
considering how long some peoples post get (hint hint) I was wondering how many lines of text could be posted in a single post before it breaks to a second page, or if there's a limit to post length, d*mn I'm bored.

I took the count to 3000 and it came back with this error:
The text that you have entered is too long (17108 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.

That's a lot, so go to town S-Man :lol: :brentil:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
solsticeman said:
Between my normally slow connection, (which increases post time significantly)... and...
And losing your

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
The fact that writing takes up more room than speaking, I just think it's easer to post it all on one post.

Those that think I'm just a wordy idiot have the ability to say to themselves "there's Solsticeman, spouting off AGAIN. When is that motherf%*&#*@%er ever gonna shut up?!?!?!"

and then just skip the entire post. Rather than skipping 6 posts interspersed with the discussion.

6 of one, half dozen of the other, but I think from this example you get my point. It's easier for me to get it done once, and it's easier for others to skip.

FF88, whose posts I enjoy reading, is also wordy. I'm not the only one, but when I've got time I try to get it done once.

AND, most of the time I've edited my posts - I try not to write totally stream-of conscience. I try to have a hypothesis, a discussion, illustration, and conclusion/closing. Bit more formal, but I figure, it's going on the internet, why not try to approximate something like writing, not just typing whatever comes into my head.

If you want to take a chance at shortening my technical explanations (I try to use several examples to illustrate points, like the tire mechanics discussion), have at it, but oversimplication many times leads to incorrect conclusions.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!

Just kiddin'! :lol:

It was a joke man, easy!

I personally don't mind reading long post, although I do tend to scan here and there.

You self proclaimed not long ago that you do long posts, I was just ribbing you, much like we rib Ff88 for posting a lot, it's all in kind hearted fun. I have nothing against your posting style.

The purpose of this thread was not a slam, it really was to see how long a post could be, or if a single post could wrap onto a second page. I typed in those values by hand, man my hands are tired, then I realized I could have just used Excel to generate them :glol:

BTW, wasn't using ten posts to say just one sentance a form of free-posting?
Kiddin', I was just KIDDIN'

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Man, you are just ACHING for a new avatar, ain't you? :glol: :lol: :devil: :) ;)

I was taking advantage of the "test" part and seeing what a separate, mini-post format would look like.

I suppose, If I broke it up into the right amount of lines, it might work....

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
BTW, I know it was a joke - so was my reply!!! I thought you would see it when I was putting one or two words a post (actually, it wasn't freeposting, as the separate posts did have a point and forwarded the discussion of the topic - which you can see that I've changed).

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
solsticeman said:
Man, you are just ACHING for a new avatar, ain't you? :glol: :lol: :devil: :) ;)
I'd like to see what you got, bring it on :devil:

them there fighting words are borrowed from our favorite poster Ff88.
"bring it on" :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
DId you take out my "bring it on" post? :devil:

Did you change the mini posts to achieftains handle?

Whaaaaaaaa Upppppppp?

Yeah, I knew it was a joke, and if anything a chance for you to rebut.

You're just jealous cause you post so much in one post, that'll you'll never have a post count as high as Ff88 :glol: , not a valid one at least, no forging the numbers like Troy :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
RODEO said:
DId you take out my "bring it on" post? :devil:

Did you change the mini posts to achieftains handle?

Whaaaaaaaa Upppppppp?

Yeah, I knew it was a joke, and if anything a chance for you to rebut.

You're just jealous cause you post so much in one post, that'll you'll never have a post count as high as Ff88 :glol: , not a valid one at least, no forging the numbers like Troy :lol:
Nope and nope. achieftain chimed in right in the middle of my posting... proving my point, (thanks) about broken train of thought.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts