Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, man.. I just found out about this car, and i am really excited about it.. I have seen the Sky, and its pretty neat as well. But i think the Solstice is really my type of car. I love the Classic look it has, along with the sporty old type race cars... I live in the Dallas TX area, and would love to know anyone who might help me in my search. :grouphug: I am looking into getting this soon, but i know there is a waiting list. If i ordered one in the next few weeks, what can i expect for delivery of my vehicle? I am thinking maybe end of NOV. <---> JAN. Maybe, but i really dont know the exacts in this.. I have done some reading, but i thought i would add my own thoughts, expectations here, if you guys/gals dont mind....

The look of this car is spectacular, and i love the way it looks at Every Angle.. I am a Mopar / Dodge Fan, but when i saw this car, i fel in love at first sight. I currently own a Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI, and its a very sporty truck, even with my Yukon 4.56 / Auburn HP LSD rearend... But you well know the gas prices are increasing so badly, i have to get into something more in my GA$ Price Range... Or atleast 20+ MPG... I am lucky to get 10 -14 MPG....

As for the color, i am thinking the Mysterious, Deep, or Agressive... When i went to www.cars.com and added what i wanted it came to about a little under 22K, which isnt too bad... :lol: i figure after TT&L i am looking at about 24-25K... with about 2-4K to put down on it by the time it gets delivered, ill be looking at payment in the 400-550 range, but my truck payment is 530 a month and i pay about 700 instead.. No problems there... LOL,,, Sorry got side tracked... Just excited about this car...

Was looking at the MazdaSpeed3 or the Scion tC, but i think ill wait for these bad puppies...

Thanks for hearing me out, NOW WHERES THAT HELP.... Later..... :cool:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your in luck 'cuz I think the only supporting member is GTO judge, aka:
Jason Feuerberg
Sewell Pontiac in Dallas, TX
214-956-3776 (direct line)
800-350-8008 (800 number to dealership)
[email protected]
This may sound like a plug and I guess it is. But any of you other dealers out there that want to become supporting members will be given the same benefit (guess that was a plug as well :) )

·
Registered
403 Posts
Welcome!

I would start in the for sale section of the forum. Always should be the first stop, as forum members are trustwortly, loyal, patient, curteous, kind (Ummm, sorry, that's the Boy Scouts) Because it has a good membership of rabid Solstice fans.

Second choice would be to go into your local dealer
(Jason Feuerberg
Sewell Pontiac in Dallas, TX
214-956-3776 (direct line)
800-350-8008 (800 number to dealership)
[email protected])

and offer a LARGE down payment ($2k+) and MSRP+ on the purchase price ($500 or so should do it) and nicely ask the sales manager if you could have your order in the dealer's order bank waiting for an allocation to come down from Pontiac. The sweetener is so that the dealer remembers YOU when he is deciding on which orders get submitted to Pontiac and in which order. To ensure the quickest production/delivery of the car, read the forums and do NOT order anything that is constrained (leather, On-Star, chrome wheels, etc.), this will allow the dealer to fill your order in any allocation, even ahead of those that have been waiting for many months but are ordering leather or chrome or whatever. I am not saying to bribe your dealer to "cut" in line, I'm suggesting giving him a easy to order allocation, with a bit extra for the dealership so that he will REMEMBER you.

Next would be to start calling Pontiac dealers across the U.S (only a bit over 2300 of them so it may take a few calls.) See if you can get a first allocation, or get in early on the 2007 turbo Solstice list.

Worst of all possible outcomes, go to eBay (aka The Site That Must Not Be Named On This Forum).

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Get used to waiting, that's what this car is all about right now. If you order your car today, you might get it in January or Februaury next year. :( Pretty much all of this year is sold out already.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Welcome! Get your dialing fingers warmed up...

Yup, talk to GTOJ. Also, hit the www.pontiac.com web site, and get the list of dealers in your area by zip code, then expand the search to 150 miles around your location.

Then, go get a couple of rolls of dimes (oops, wrong century).... Start making calls to the dealers around you and asking them three questions:
  1. How many units do you have in your first 4 month allocation?
  2. How many do you have left that are not already promised to customers?
  3. Are you willing to sell at MSRP?
The answers to those questions should be clear and will give you a pretty good idea of the level of clue the dealer has. Also, don't stop with just one, keep calling until you have at least 2 or 3. You need a fall back plan in case one turns your stomach when you get there.... Just leave, hit the cell phone, and schedule with the next one in your list of 3...

Don't be afraid to expand the circle beyond the 150 mile radius. You can do that by using one of the zip codes at the perimeter and performing a new search on www.pontiac.com with that zip code.

It will take a lot of work, but you might get lucky.

There are already over 10,000 orders received by Pontiac, and that's all of the first calendar year's production (through 2005-12-31) and somewhat into the new year. But, it's also still possible to get one for the Model Year 2006 which should continue production until July 2006 and be somewhere around 20,000 units.

Realistically, you're probably looking at late Spring 2006, or early Summer 2006.

Again, to echo the title of my post, welcome to the Forum. :thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot... I am really looking in the Turbo'ed one. How much more do you think tht one will run?? the GTX or GXT something to that saying.. I will be looking to buy in the summer of next year and would have about 4-6K to put down on it at first, so i am thinking the Turbo'ed one will be about 25K starting out??? What do you guys think.. Is there a seperate list for that?? If the Dallas Guy could help me out on here that would be great. Like you guys i am very axious for this car, but i am willing to wait till summer for the turbo'ed version. Just as long as it is no more than 27K for it.. thats a bit much for it, or i am willing to spend for a 2 seater... No offense you guys.. One main reason i was attracted to it, was becasue of the low prices for this 2 seat roadster... I really liek the Saturn Sky, but man i love the curves on the solstice alot better.. Gives it that, IM A SEXY BEAST AND ILL RUN RIGHT OVER YOU, Look!!! LOL...!! Sorry... :devil: :willy: :devil:

I hope to hear more from you guys in the near future... Now the Color... hmmmmm........

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey, Tex,

Howdy Partner. We need more dang Texans in this here forum. (spitoon sound effect here) If you haven't already, check out the "Index of Early Drives & Sightings" thread for more "Regular Joe" impressions: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3521 There's no beating this car for first-hand impact. Having driven it, now I REALLY have to have one.

I'm waiting for the GXP too, and I'm a bit worried about pricing- the overbearing GM suggestion to dealers that they at least pretend to hold the price down below the markup-supporting market will probably expire by the time MY Solstice comes off the line. What then?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i hear you... where about's are you located? I really want to holdout for the GXP too...but i can always add it later (turbo/sc)... I could hold off, and just get a regular Solstice... It depends on what i can get for it. the one ill be ordering (if i do) will be around 22K-23K... By the time it will become avail, i should have about 3-5K for down payment... So if there is a possiblity for more information to come out, i could always change my mind and get the GXP... I will have to see. I will be driving a Honda '92 after i sell my Dodge HEMI Ram, until tell. that will be an extra 1-2K with a trade in for the Honda....or i just might keep it, and make the Roadster a sleeper..... NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Gotta drive it someday right... LOL.. I hope to get it before the next Texas Heatwave, the best car/truck/motorcycle show on the planet, and the largest from what ive heard. I went this year, and man was it HOT, both in temps, and the 'things' i saw there..... Hope to hear more from you bro.. LAter......... :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts