Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Texas Area, NEW GUY....

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SolShipOne 
#1 ·
Oh, man.. I just found out about this car, and i am really excited about it.. I have seen the Sky, and its pretty neat as well. But i think the Solstice is really my type of car. I love the Classic look it has, along with the sporty old type race cars... I live in the Dallas TX area, and would love to know anyone who might help me in my search. :grouphug: I am looking into getting this soon, but i know there is a waiting list. If i ordered one in the next few weeks, what can i expect for delivery of my vehicle? I am thinking maybe end of NOV. <---> JAN. Maybe, but i really dont know the exacts in this.. I have done some reading, but i thought i would add my own thoughts, expectations here, if you guys/gals dont mind....

The look of this car is spectacular, and i love the way it looks at Every Angle.. I am a Mopar / Dodge Fan, but when i saw this car, i fel in love at first sight. I currently own a Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI, and its a very sporty truck, even with my Yukon 4.56 / Auburn HP LSD rearend... But you well know the gas prices are increasing so badly, i have to get into something more in my GA$ Price Range... Or atleast 20+ MPG... I am lucky to get 10 -14 MPG....

As for the color, i am thinking the Mysterious, Deep, or Agressive... When i went to www.cars.com and added what i wanted it came to about a little under 22K, which isnt too bad... :lol: i figure after TT&L i am looking at about 24-25K... with about 2-4K to put down on it by the time it gets delivered, ill be looking at payment in the 400-550 range, but my truck payment is 530 a month and i pay about 700 instead.. No problems there... LOL,,, Sorry got side tracked... Just excited about this car...

Was looking at the MazdaSpeed3 or the Scion tC, but i think ill wait for these bad puppies...

Thanks for hearing me out, NOW WHERES THAT HELP.... Later..... :cool:

See less See more
Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot... I am really looking in the Turbo'ed one. How much more do you think tht one will run?? the GTX or GXT something to that saying.. I will be looking to buy in the summer of next year and would have about 4-6K to put down on it at first, so i am thinking the Turbo'ed one will be about 25K starting out??? What do you guys think.. Is there a seperate list for that?? If the Dallas Guy could help me out on here that would be great. Like you guys i am very axious for this car, but i am willing to wait till summer for the turbo'ed version. Just as long as it is no more than 27K for it.. thats a bit much for it, or i am willing to spend for a 2 seater... No offense you guys.. One main reason i was attracted to it, was becasue of the low prices for this 2 seat roadster... I really liek the Saturn Sky, but man i love the curves on the solstice alot better.. Gives it that, IM A SEXY BEAST AND ILL RUN RIGHT OVER YOU, Look!!! LOL...!! Sorry... :devil: :willy: :devil:

I hope to hear more from you guys in the near future... Now the Color... hmmmmm........

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Yeah i hear you... where about's are you located? I really want to holdout for the GXP too...but i can always add it later (turbo/sc)... I could hold off, and just get a regular Solstice... It depends on what i can get for it. the one ill be ordering (if i do) will be around 22K-23K... By the time it will become avail, i should have about 3-5K for down payment... So if there is a possiblity for more information to come out, i could always change my mind and get the GXP... I will have to see. I will be driving a Honda '92 after i sell my Dodge HEMI Ram, until tell. that will be an extra 1-2K with a trade in for the Honda....or i just might keep it, and make the Roadster a sleeper..... NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Gotta drive it someday right... LOL.. I hope to get it before the next Texas Heatwave, the best car/truck/motorcycle show on the planet, and the largest from what ive heard. I went this year, and man was it HOT, both in temps, and the 'things' i saw there..... Hope to hear more from you bro.. LAter......... :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.