Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
1KUL - There is a guy locally with a mobile DynoJet. I have used him in the past and if we get enough interest he might just bring it over. I'll contact him and see how many cars he needs and what the price per might be.

Update - he sold his unit! I'll see if there's another mobile dyno in the area.

·
Registered
696 Posts
tune- 2 barmap is still in trunk :(

and probeam brace.........:yesnod:

always wanted to meet some of yall.....:grouphug:

...see some of the cars in person.......meet some of my heroes....:party:

after all my car has been thru..:eek:. it deserves a lil professional TLC :woo:......
.... i've taken it as far as i can.........totally burnt out on the DIY game

....now to scrounge up some .... $$$$$$$$.......:devil:

WILL WE HAVE A DYNO ?
my tune would prolly be of the PITA ...of the event.... i'm envisioning being in a texas jail afta data loggin a "WOT" run.........:devil:........as much as i want the "brace".....
..... for me its all about a professional tune.
maybe i should contact dave and randy 1st.....???

Sounds like a challenge....come on up....it's only been two year that i've been tryin to get you to put in that 2 bar sensor...:lol::brentil:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well, I'll probably be getting a Stage II kit and if I can't get it installed before then, I might need a little help doing that.
well .... we'll have the experts there .... just need to know if you're getting it shipped to you ahead of time or possibly you can have Dave and Randy bring it down with them ... we really need to know so that we can schedule time to do the install.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i think i can i think i can

Sounds like a challenge....come on up....it's only been two year that i've been tryin to get you to put in that 2 bar sensor...:lol::brentil:
don't i know it!!!

can't tell yuh how many times i've looked at it -:(wiggled it...:crazy:.....and chickened out.....:banghead:......afraid i'd break the connection.... .and wouldn't be able to swap back ...if the 2bar tune was "over my head"........ the adventure and excitement had lost its charm

you can laugh but after having the car "parked" for months on end.....
finally getting to drive it.... was a big deal

.. and knowing it would mean starting over tryin to tune it........ wellllllll ..........omg,,,,,, i didn't think it would take years .....hahahaha.... i really had to take a break ....but its past REEDICKulous NOW

. i thought i'd get it in at the pri class i took near orlando ,,a year ago ,,but that was a joke !....whizzed away a grand on that birthday party...!!:nopity: took a good while to get over that dissappointment.... its not like i haven't shot at it a few times....

i've mapquested april in dallas...... and your shop ---- near about the same give or take an hour......

....if theres a dyno at your shop - that prolly makes more sense......
.. not to mention .... you would have more time and not be overwhelmed with 10 other jobs on the same weekend...lol....

... renting a dyno to bring to the dallas event...sounds awesome - ....ain't in my budget unless we have a big fat list of others that also want dyno time too....
i'd need an actual $$#......to commit....
who wants that logistic headache or responsibility.....hahahaha....love you carl !!.... hey all you can do is ask ? post up and ???....

its "party gras" here.......i'm takin a long weekend off for time with the kids.are out of school till wednesday etc.....parades etc.....
... then back to scrounging up some "OT"........which has been nonexistent...till now.....if work stays busy through march......yay!!!..
..right now i think i can rob peter and paul ( my sheetrock slave labor savings.?)..hahaha beer and bbq $.
and .pay randy ..... get the brace and tune ?.........

...if it means floatin and skimmin mud by myself all summer...lol.... i just gotta get that 2bar out my trunk this year !!!!!!! :devil:

·
Registered
189 Posts
well .... we'll have the experts there .... just need to know if you're getting it shipped to you ahead of time or possibly you can have Dave and Randy bring it down with them ... we really need to know so that we can schedule time to do the install.
Well, I'm having it shipped. He said that I would have it on or before the 12th and I'm hoping it's before then. But, I think that if I get it at least a few days before the meet I'll get it in there somehow. The only thing after that I would get done is an exhaust and no one will be doing that there, so I'll try that myself too. I just don't think I can have the supercharger here and not try to install it.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Well, I'm having it shipped. He said that I would have it on or before the 12th and I'm hoping it's before then. But, I think that if I get it at least a few days before the meet I'll get it in there somehow. The only thing after that I would get done is an exhaust and no one will be doing that there, so I'll try that myself too. I just don't think I can have the supercharger here and not try to install it.
DDM sells an exhaust and will install it. (They did mine :D )

·
Registered
189 Posts
DDM sells an exhaust and will install it. (They did mine :D )
I didn't even notice that they sold exhausts. How awesome. Do you enjoy yours? How is the sound/performance on it? I was thinking of doing a Solo center dual when I get the supercharger put on.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
carl track down that "dyno"-????

be careful=
i'm takin the come on up " sounds like a challenge" seriously!........

i see alotta interest ...
... i pm'd/emailed you [email protected] ddmworks.....to make sure ???
sounds more like a weeks work than a weekend......

who else besides me WANTS A DYNO THERE ?....(hold your hand up for a count)

...i dunno how much luck carl is having trackin down a dyno....
..seems he'd need a minimum list to lure one out to us ??
then again....who wouldn't wanna turn ?

can't help but wonder if that unit is still local ???........

my fingers crossed carl !!!!!!!
keep us posted when and if you've found one..........

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I didn't even notice that they sold exhausts. How awesome. Do you enjoy yours? How is the sound/performance on it? I was thinking of doing a Solo center dual when I get the supercharger put on.
Orris,

I love mine. Sound is good, performance with the S/C is just fine. :D

You might PM 1KULSOL, as he has the S/C with the SOLO center dual system.

Either way, you could get the install on the exhaust done at the Mod Meet. :yesnod:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Orris,

I love mine. Sound is good, performance with the S/C is just fine. :D

You might PM 1KULSOL, as he has the S/C with the SOLO center dual system.

Either way, you could get the install on the exhaust done at the Mod Meet. :yesnod:

I didn't see pricing info to install it on the DDM side. And if I get a Solo, who would help with that and for how much?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Put me on the list to show up, I don't want to sign up for yet another forum :p
Me too! I will be there but don't want to join another forum.

Eric Steib
07 Solstice:yesnod:
I just want to take pictures and mingle.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
:cryin:
wellllllll .........good thing i asked !.....:nopity:
...yall have fun
they'll be no joy here in mudville that weekend.....i'll for sure be thinkin of yall

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Silver_Ghost Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0stb1t3

Put me on the list to show up, I don't want to sign up for yet another forum :p

Me too! I will be there but don't want to join another forum.

Eric Steib
07 Solstice
I just want to take pictures and mingle.
We'll make sure that all the Big Board attendees get updates on the schedule.;)

Silver_Ghost, I'll advise 1KULSOL to get you on the list!

Anyone else coming that you don't see your name on the list on post #1?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Carl,
I think I will try.

It is not clear the times on each day, and if any particular event or time I should be there for.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
VIN - there is a master schedule for all the cars and mod installs starting on Thursday afternoon and going all the way through to Sunday afternoon.

We're thinking a Red River ride on Saturday morning around 9am would give all those attending (and not having their car worked on) an opportunity to make the big loop from the house up to the river, around through St. Jo to Forrestburg and back to the house. There will be a stop for wine tasting at Weinhoff on the route.

·
Registered
189 Posts
VIN - there is a master schedule for all the cars and mod installs starting on Thursday afternoon and going all the way through to Sunday afternoon.

We're thinking a Red River ride on Saturday morning around 9am would give all those attending (and not having their car worked on) an opportunity to make the big loop from the house up to the river, around through St. Jo to Forrestburg and back to the house. There will be a stop for wine tasting at Weinhoff on the route.
Man I wish I could make that. Too bad I can't be there until Sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

I have updated the post on attendees and awaiting a call from Randy to review the schedule again ... and will post schedule as soon as we review .... I am awaiting confirmation but I believe JPM Coachworks will be in attendance .... as well as Windrestrictor ....

·
Registered
113 Posts
DDMWorks is going out of their way to travel to have the best perform installs!! You guys should jump on this...out Northeast meet is already pretty much filled!!
When was that NorthEast meetup? And when is the next one? Any thread on it?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts