Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on a location, date & time for all Texas & Oklahoma Solstice owners to assemble? As an example: possibly Saturday, Nov. 12th, noon, Texas Motor Speedway! Is this too far north? About right?

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Dallas last weekend would have been nice, eh? UT-OK game!

I love both states, so anyplace is fine with me. New Orleans would have been a good choice (pre-Katrina).

Austin has some nice hills and curves, central for Texas, a little far for OK.

Just put me on the list, I'll be there. Thanks.

Geez, carlintexas, I can see your bright smile all the way to Houston. Congratulations again on your delivery today!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Would love to be a part... but not arriving in West TX until Nov 1 to start new deal. AM hoping to receive my sol before I leave NJ... supposedly shipped 10/8 and by next week the dealer starts to pay for it... hope that it gets to make the trip to TX with me...
:)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I live about 20 minutes from Texas Motor Speedway, so I definitely have no excuse not to come!! My wife will be playing in a volleyball tournament, so I'll be free.

I do hope I have my Solstice by then!!!!!!!!! It was due 2 days ago.... :(

- bspate -

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
bspate: since yours went 3800 on 09/30, that's 16 days after mine. Mine delivered 10/15, so 16 days makes 10/31, still in time for The Meet! Might be sooner, of course, I hope so!

Mine went 4200 shipped 12 days after produced. Have you gotten a copy of your Vehicle Order Event History from your dealer? Ask them for it, it's simple to print it out.

If it's been shipped, ask your dealer which trucking company brings it from the railyard. Here in Houston it's Jack Cooper Transport. Their central number is 816-983-4000, ask for dispatch. Tell them you want to check on a new car in transit. They will ask for your VIN 3rd digit and last 7 digits, then give you some information on where it is.

Ask them where it will be unloaded and ask for the phone number for that location. Then call that number to get a better idea of delivery date.

Let me know what you find out! Curious George wants to know!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I likely wont have my Sol until the end of November or early December, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't stop by to get a gander at the rest of yours. I'm sure my dad would be begging to come along too, as he's been drooling over mine as much as I have.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saturday, Nov. 12th @ noon - Texas Motor Speedway

From posts and the VIN list I have identified 33 Owners, or those waiting for their cars, in Texas and Oklahoma. I would send PM's but we are only allowed 5 receipients per message. So I'll try to notify via this thread.

After you enter the speedway there is a perimeter drive that circles the facility. Gate 7 is to the left and has parking areas of good size. I expect we would meet, show off any mods, exchange contact info, take a drive, go to lunch.

Any additional suggestions, please let me know.

·
Registered
201 Posts
There's a gas station across the highway if I remember correctly. It's kinda in the middle of nowhere as far as towns go. I'll be there with my old man in-tow in my current beater vehicle thanks to paid vacation time.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What A Burger

Closest one is about 10 miles south at the intersection of Western Center Blvd and 35W. There is a Sunny Bryan's BBQ about 2 miles from the Speedway (at Westport & 35) as an option.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jumpinjackflash

Welcome to Texas on Nov. 1. West would not be a hard drive if you can make it. Kolache's from the Czeck Stop are the best!

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nov, 12

Jumpinjackflash is moving from NJ to West, Texas on Nov 1 - so I thought he might be able to make the meet on Nov. 12th

·
Registered
600 Posts
Would like to make the meet and greet, but, I broke my left hand and won't be driving the car out of town. Let me know if another meet comes up. Thanks! Mike

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Texas 'meet & greet'

Looks like we have the following coming to TMS so far:

salstice
meallen1220
chestrockwell
runt
gizmo2004
bspate
ralph on me
carlintexas
oklahoma

Any more folks able to make it? Let me know. It's a good opportunity to meet forum members - compare gmlinedog autographs - compare hints / problems - do donuts in the parking lot!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts