Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Read Only
Joined
·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I live out in the lonely plains of West Texas, all the Solstice sightings have been way too far away for my personal viewing pleasure!

Does anyone know if Pontiac will have a Solstice at the Auto Show portion of the Texas State Fair in Sept-Oct? It's only a six hour drive from Lubbock to Dallas, so if they will have one there, I will make plans to go!

Thanks.

--Chemist
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,266 Posts
I'll keep an eye on the local papers and let you know if I see anything.

It was at the last Dallas Auto show, so I figure it will be.

I'm just hoping it's at the next GM autoshowinmotion, I think it's coming back to Dallas in Sep.
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,"Az",

I had never looked below your name to see you were in Frisco. Should have known you were a Texan by your independent attitude, likin' them Azteks and all, y'know? ;)

Thanks again. I appreciate it.

--Chemist
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,336 Posts
Texas 1st 1000

I'm in Muenster - west of Gainesville, Tx. How many 1st 1000 do we have in Texas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
ME!!!!!! :cool:
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AztekzRpurty said:
No Problemo..

By the way, I grew up in Amarillo, and we had a saying,

"Amarillo has more nothing than anywhere else in the world, and what we have left over, we ship to Lubbock." ;)
You are killing me! :glol: Thanks for new material.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,336 Posts
After delivery - a Texas road rally for lunch at a designated location???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Contact the State Fair & find out who is in charge of the Auto Show.

Back in February we were wanting to see a Solstice as well & when I found out when the Auto Show was in Pittsburgh, PA, I called & asked.

The people were nice enough to check & see if a Solstice was on the list & it was!

We went to the show, saw the car & it was simply awesome!

Good Luck & I hope you get to see one! :)
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GM communicates!

On a whim, I dropped GM an email this morning to see if _they_ knew if there would be a SOlstice at the Texas State Fair. This afternoon about 3:30, I got a call from Linda at GM saying, "We got your email, unfortunately we do not have information if there will be a Solstice at the Texas State Fair or not. We suggest you call a dealer in the Dallas Area."

Even though the answer was "We don't know", it was nice to get an answer, especially by a real person!

I guess I'll wait a couple more weeks and start calling dealers in DFW.

--Chemist
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
No Problemo..

By the way, I grew up in Amarillo, and we had a saying,

"Amarillo has more nothing than anywhere else in the world, and what we have left over, we ship to Lubbock." ;)
The best club sandwich I ever had was in amarillo :thumbs: Too bad it's too far away for a regular treat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,266 Posts
Wailing Phoenix said:
The best club sandwich I ever had was in amarillo :thumbs: Too bad it's too far away for a regular treat.
I'm wondering where you ate it. Most people have stories about eating at the Big Texan Steak Ranch, but I've never heard mention of a great club sandwich anywhere.

I also always hear weather stories about Amarillo. "I was in the worst blizzard/sandstorm/hailstorm/windstorm/thunderstorm I ever experienced, just outside Amarillo!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
soon to be 1st 1000 owner here.... Highland Village, Tx.
southwest shore of Lake Lewisville
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
I also always hear weather stories about Amarillo. "I was in the worst blizzard/sandstorm/hailstorm/windstorm/thunderstorm I ever experienced, just outside Amarillo!"
Yep, and they're all true, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
I'm wondering where you ate it. Most people have stories about eating at the Big Texan Steak Ranch, but I've never heard mention of a great club sandwich anywhere.

I also always hear weather stories about Amarillo. "I was in the worst blizzard/sandstorm/hailstorm/windstorm/thunderstorm I ever experienced, just outside Amarillo!"
I did a cross country drive from NYC to LA in the summer of 1982 and passing thru Amarillo stopped at a diner for a bite. After 23 years I still remember it! And the weather was great!! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
carlintexas said:
I'm in Muenster - west of Gainesville, Tx. How many 1st 1000 do we have in Texas?
I'm a first 1000. Red Oak, Texas (South of Dallas)
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top