Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all Thank you for a fun car we have only had it about a week And we have not had the problems that some have had on the forum. Maybe we are lucky but all the fit and finish seams to be great, though there are some issues with the fit, but we choose not to have the dealer try to fix them better to leave them alone. WE have about 242 miles on the car and it is fantastic. I would like to thank HARMS MOTORS in lake Geneva Wisconsin for all they did for us from Dean Harms to Rick Jarvi the general sales manger. Also thanx to Pontiac for all that they have done with all the complaining that has been going on this forum, it has been well worth it. Thanks again Pontiac Pete :cool:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've actually wondered about the fit issue myself. The fit and finish on my car is absolutely perfect everywhere except the trunk, which is very slightly misaligned. No one else has even noticed it, but I do.

Anyone have any opinions as to whether something like that is even worth trying to get fixed? I'm thinking it might be more trouble than it's worth for such a minor issue. (Will post some pics of the fit later)

Flagg

·
Registered
145 Posts
Flagg said:
I've actually wondered about the fit issue myself. The fit and finish on my car is absolutely perfect everywhere except the trunk, which is very slightly misaligned. No one else has even noticed it, but I do.

Anyone have any opinions as to whether something like that is even worth trying to get fixed? I'm thinking it might be more trouble than it's worth for such a minor issue. (Will post some pics of the fit later)

Flagg
From reading another thread (don't remember which one, but it's one of the "sh*t, my solstice arrived damage" threads) I believe there are adjustment knobs/screws somewhere in the trunk area. It's under warranty, so just call up the dealer. They should have access to the service manual to make adjustments.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sol2 said:
From reading another thread (don't remember which one, but it's one of the "sh*t, my solstice arrived damage" threads) I believe there are adjustment knobs/screws somewhere in the trunk area. It's under warranty, so just call up the dealer. They should have access to the service manual to make adjustments.
Hmmm. if it's a simple fix then maybe I will have them look at it. I'm bringing the car in for wheel locks and a Lojack install soon anyway, so I guess there's no harm in mentioning it.

Thanks!
Flagg

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Flagg said:
Hmmm. if it's a simple fix then maybe I will have them look at it. I'm bringing the car in for wheel locks and a Lojack install soon anyway, so I guess there's no harm in mentioning it.

Thanks!
Flagg
If it's a case of the trunk lid sitting slightly above or below the fenders then it is a simple fix. If it is a gap issue beween the lid and the fenders, that is more complicated.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Flagg said:

Flagg
They say love is blind and that must be right because when I got my car I thought the fit was real nice but the longer I have it the more is see. The trunk fit is also and issue with me, the driver side is raised above the quater panel and the pass. side is slightly below. I have been pondering wheather to take it to the dealer or leave well enough alone. The only other fit issue is the hood gaps seem alittle higher on the driver side than the passenger side.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
ateam_77 said:
They say love is blind and that must be right because when I got my car I thought the fit was real nice but the longer I have it the more is see. The trunk fit is also and issue with me, the driver side is raised above the quater panel and the pass. side is slightly below. I have been pondering wheather to take it to the dealer or leave well enough alone. The only other fit issue is the hood gaps seem alittle higher on the driver side than the passenger side.
There should be adjusters take care of those trunk issues, and it should be a quick, simple fix. The hood wouldn't be quite as simple. Take it in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts