Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the horror stories on this forum about dealers (good word for them) trying to scam customers for thousands over msrp I just want to let you all know that there are good dealerships too.

Rinke Pontiac in Warren, MI. was nothing less than honest with me. They treated me well and acted like they wanted my business. I ordered my Solstice on 8-8-05 and at that time they were honest with me and told me they were not sure when the car would actually come in. On 10-14-05 I picked up my Solstice, (nicely prepped) at the price we initially agreed upon and they gave me a full tank of gas to boot.

The Solstice is the first non-Chrysler product I have ever bought. So far I am fully satisified with it and I feel confident that should any issues arise that "my" dealership, Rinke Pontiac, will again treat me fairly and in such a manner that demonstrates they value my business. I can't say otherwise because this is what they have demonstrated to me so far.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
OZ40 said:
After reading the horror stories on this forum about dealers (good word for them) trying to scam customers for thousands over msrp I just want to let you all know that there are good dealerships too.

Rinke Pontiac in Warren, MI. was nothing less than honest with me. They treated me well and acted like they wanted my business. I ordered my Solstice on 8-8-05 and at that time they were honest with me and told me they were not sure when the car would actually come in. On 10-14-05 I picked up my Solstice, (nicely prepped) at the price we initially agreed upon and they gave me a full tank of gas to boot.

The Solstice is the first non-Chrysler product I have ever bought. So far I am fully satisified with it and I feel confident that should any issues arise that "my" dealership, Rinke Pontiac, will again treat me fairly and in such a manner that demonstrates they value my business. I can't say otherwise because this is what they have demonstrated to me so far.
sounds like a great dealer....lucky to get an order in that late...ordered in 5/19 here and still waiting....so you go from order to delivery in two months....MSRP?

Come GM...what gives here!!!!!..coded 3000 on 9/21.......still waiting patiently....but wondering how this happens...dealer allocations, GM preferencing doesnt make sense!!!!!

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
PAO said:
sounds like a great dealer....lucky to get an order in that late...ordered in 5/19 here and still waiting....so you go from order to delivery in two months....MSRP?

Come GM...what gives here!!!!!..coded 3000 on 9/21.......still waiting patiently....but wondering how this happens...dealer allocations, GM preferencing doesnt make sense!!!!!
I feel your pain PAO. I ordered mine 4/20. :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
flaj said:
I feel your pain PAO. I ordered mine 4/20. :)
I'd be in love with my dealer with that kind of delivery.

Ordered 04/30 finally preferenced 10/05, same day I picked up a 2001 330Ci.

I know the 330 is the right car for this time of year, still have to decide about the rest.

OH, yeah Congrats on getting your car :party: (thanks LV)

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations. :party:

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

OZ40 said:

Same story with Barnes Wheaton Pontiac GMC here in my area. MSRP with no question, nicely prepped and a full tank of gas. They even gave me the car and held a cheque for five days while my banker was sick. Salesperson was John Proctor and they have one car they will get by the end of the year that is not spoken for.

Love the dealer and love the car.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just proves there are

Just proves that there are honest dealers. I can't remember how many times my parents went to the old Raynal Bros. Dodge for cars, always had the same salesman and he knew them by name....ahhhh, the good old days!

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'll be going to the exact same dealer in the next few days. I'm in a lease until July.
Actually, my lease ends in February. My wife's ends in July. I'll just be taking over hers. I'd rather wait until the summer anway.

Uh. Especialyl considering I need to learn to drive a stick shift... Even if the automatic's available, I really don't want it.

Right. I'll be 29 years old, and I've never learned to drive a stick. Should I be worried? Nah, I never worry.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Dreamer said:
Right. I'll be 29 years old, and I've never learned to drive a stick. Should I be worried? Nah, I never worry.
Like Topher Grace in "In Good Company", hop right in and pull out in front of a truck? Better practice first.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'll be practicing plenty, don't worry. I don't plan on having my first go with a stick be behind the wheel of ths car.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Supply and Demand........

There are many dealers that will sell at MSRP. The real question is finding a dealer that will actually receive the cars. Received my VIN #, but no idea when the car will be in Sunny So. Cal. Hope GM finds a way to get the cars to the customers soon. Wow, if they had 100,000 Solstices to sell, they would sell so quick right now! :yesnod:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Something seriously wrong??

OZ40 said:

Seems totally improbable that a car ordered 4 months after 4/15/05 could really be MAJICALLY made & delivery AHEAD of the 7000+ already on order????

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll be 29 years old, and I've never learned to drive a stick.
Actually, I'm a long time stick driver. I'm was amazed at how many people can't drive sticks, but then I realize that those of us who do are actually in the minority now. I fell like one of the last guys to give up Betamax with my insistance on a manual tranny, but damn, I love Beta......... :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
OZ40 said:

Congrats - I ordered mine from Rinke on March 15th with a deposit, although the "real" order didn't go in until April 15th with the rest of the Trump orders. I didn't make the first 1K but was told that I was the 2nd order there from their 1st allocation. Mine has been built and I have the VIN - and they have the invoice. I just haven't seen the car yet. I think I will stop there this afternoon and see what's shaking. What color is yours? Did you get that Envious that came in last Thursday? There were 2 Aggressive that came in also - one for their GM and the other was open stock - the order had been cancelled and deposit returned. I don't think it lasted through the day.

I am hoping that mine will arrive any day now - Aggressive . :cuss:

·
Registered
819 Posts
CableStooge said:

Congrats - I ordered mine from Rinke on March 15th with a deposit, although the "real" order didn't go in until April 15th with the rest of the Trump orders. I didn't make the first 1K but was told that I was the 2nd order there from their 1st allocation. Mine has been built and I have the VIN - and they have the invoice. I just haven't seen the car yet. I think I will stop there this afternoon and see what's shaking. What color is yours? Did you get that Envious that came in last Thursday? There were 2 Aggressive that came in also - one for their GM and the other was open stock - the order had been cancelled and deposit returned. I don't think it lasted through the day.

I am hoping that mine will arrive any day now - Aggressive . :cuss:

It must be an Aggressive conspiracy!! :lol: Mine is also Agressive, First of my dealer's allocation, VIN on 9/13, invoiced to the dealer nearly two weeks, but showing still on quality hold at the factory. :willy: Would pull my hair out, but it isn't long enough to do that. Oh well, I guess I just wait. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
$$ISKING said:
Seems totally improbable that a car ordered 4 months after 4/15/05 could really be MAJICALLY made & delivery AHEAD of the 7000+ already on order????
OZ40, please correct me if I'm reading too much into your post -

He NEVER said that he paid MSRP :nono: - he merely stated that there were no last minute shenanigans and was charged the price they agreed upon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts