Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to extend my appreciation and thanks to the many contributors to this forum. You have added greatly to my education and to the pleasure I get by just looking at the Solstice design. My thanks in particular to Troy Roberts for administering the forum.

In no particular order:
AeroDave, Fformula88, mceb, Darkhamr, Solsticeman, Brentil and 2KWK4U. I am sure that I have left several good guys off of this list. You know who you are!

I am really appreciative, guys/gals. :thumbs

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree. I probably check this site more than any other automotive website out there. Everyday I keep looking for more info (or at least speculation of info ;) )
Can't wait to see the Solstice at the LA Auto Show. Hopefully sit in it too!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Good thread! :thumbs

This is a great forum, and has attracted a lot of great people! I have really enjoyed participating in the forum, offering some of the things I have learned and learning many more things about the upcoming Solstice and Kappa platform.

In many ways it has helped make the wait for the car bearable, and in many other ways it has made me more anxious to see it on the road!

Special thanks to Troy for giving us a home, and everyone else who has come to participate, whether they post frequently or just pop in from time to time to ask a question or say hi! :seeya

One more special thanks to Maximum Bob and all the folks at GM for making this car come to life. None of us would be here without them either. So to all the GM lurkers on the foru, be sure to express our thanks to your people! Its going to be an awesome car! :smile

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Agree :agree

This is a nice bunch of people.

Given the little information we've had to work over the last year it's been fun to discuss but soon we'll have tons of facts to work with! :jester

·
Registered
72 Posts
i agree!
this forum will blow up once the solstice is out and available.
i'm happy to be a part of this group of members who is looking forward to that explosion!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I can't thank Mr. Lutz enough for taking a chance on car like the Solstice, and once again I'll thank Troy Roberts for putting this forum together and giving us a place to blather on while we wait. It's been an excellent forum with very few problems and great people. Hope it stays that way. :cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Darkhamr said:
Yes, much thanks to Troy for putting this great forum together. :thumbs
Yes, I'm really enjoying this forum. If you have sport car fever, and especially Solstice fever, it's the only place in town to find out about it.

I haven't ever tried to follow introduction of an exciting new car before.
Hard to believe now, but Miata introduction was exciting - a new, fun sports car that was affordable. There weren't too many sports-car choices back then.

Intro of Boxster and Z3 were REALLY exciting, though they were a little pricey. Now the Solstice is both exciting and affordable.

But it would have been harder to follow intor of new car back then, magazines were always one or two months behind, and internet wasn't so good.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yeah, not much internet traffic back in '87/ '88 leading up to the Miata intro! LOL Besides, all the building excitement for me was squashed when all the local dealers wanted premiums and waiting list fees on them. :nono Consider me one of those lost customers who has never revisted a Mazda dealer even though I like many of their cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts