Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday, October 2nd, I drove down to Peoria, IL, to the home of TJKlise to visit his wife's new Solstice. While there CrawDadSolstice dropped by. We both got a chance to drool all over the Deep Solstice sitting in TJ's garage. This was my first chance to see a Solstice in person and all I can say is it's a beautiful car! Unfortunately it was storming pretty good and, quite understandably, the car stayed in the garage.

On Sunday, October 9th, the wife and I drove up to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to the home of Del Solstice. This was my wife's second time seeing a Solstice. She got to see one earlier than I did while she was driving up to Iowa City one day. This time she got to see one up close and standing still. :)

I've looked at and test drove all kinds of roadsters and this is the first one she felt really comfortable in. All other roadsters have made her feel claustraphobic when the top was up.

Del Solstice took me out for a ride and I can say without a doubt this car is one fantastic ride. It rides like it's on rails and handles the corners like nobodies business. After riding in the car I don't feel like I'll need any more horsies than are already in the engine.

It was only 55 degrees out but we still went with the top down. With the windows down there was some noticeable wind coming in from behind. We both agreed that a wind screen would really help. With the windows up and the heater on it was pretty comfortable, even though all I had on was a sweatshirt. We still noticed some wind from behind but not as much as with the windows down. If someone comes out with a decent looking windscreen I'll buy it when I get my Solstice. I'm hoping for something like the one LBJay photoshopped.

All in all I've had two really good road trips the last two Sunday's. I want to tell both TJ and Del Solstice thanks for inviting me over! It was greating meeting both of them as well as Crawdad! Thanks again for letting me get my first looks and rides in a Solstice!

·
Registered
79 Posts
My pleasure

It was great meeting you! Please keep me informed on your car. By the way, I highly recommend buying mud flaps. I don't have them yet and I drove through tar that was being used to fill cracks in some new road work. What a mess. I have 8 inch long swirls of lines of tar all over the sides of the car! Ugh!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts