Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Boys and Girls, with those pictures posted by GA73 (great job BTW) I'm officially off the market for this car.
The purpose of it would have been daily driver and weekend enjoyment and what has driven me off the solstice/sky is the lack of HP and now those booth pictures. I also saw both cars at the LAAS yesterday and wasn't particulary impressed. I will be spending a bit more (S2000) and get a bit more power, but at the end of the day I lease my cars and while honda has a lease program for the S2000, I don't think that GM could have been able to have any decent lease on those two new cars, especially at the beginning.
I have enjoyed reading this forum, thanks to all. :patriot
AG

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Best of luck to you flatovercrest, enjoy the S2000 :thumbs Daily drivers are going to be the toughest hit group by the trunk volume issue.

·
4,592 Posts
flatovercrest said:
Ok Boys and Girls, with those pictures posted by GA73 (great job BTW) I'm officially off the market for this car.
The purpose of it would have been daily driver and weekend enjoyment and what has driven me off the solstice/sky is the lack of HP and now those booth pictures. I also saw both cars at the LAAS yesterday and wasn't particulary impressed. I will be spending a bit more (S2000) and get a bit more power, but at the end of the day I lease my cars and while honda has a lease program for the S2000, I don't think that GM could have been able to have any decent lease on those two new cars, especially at the beginning.
I have enjoyed reading this forum, thanks to all. :patriot
AG

Traitor! ------------ Just joking :jester

Congrats!

:cheers

Go have fun, and see you on those canyon roads

·
4,592 Posts
I think we need a poll to evaluate how much the trunk space, and top up trunk access, is affecting people's thoughts on the solstice. Any volunteers?

·
Registered
270 Posts
It hasn't changed my mind. I like the car for what it is. I figure if I don't like it on arrival, then I want one like yours Rodeo, but the trunk won't be the determining factor.

·
4,592 Posts
Michael said:
It hasn't changed my mind. I like the car for what it is. I figure if I don't like it on arrival, then I want one like yours Rodeo, but the trunk won't be the determining factor.
Michael is a smart guy! I'm still getting great quotes here in So Cal, email me when/if you're ready!

[email protected]

But if you wait, the MSM won't be discounted again until end of 2005

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
RODEO said:
I think we need a poll to evaluate how much the trunk space, and top up trunk access, is affecting people's thoughts on the solstice. Any volunteers?
I think your request is in effect a volunteer ;)

Go 4 it - polls are not that hard.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
I have said it in another thread that was talking about the trunk. It is not a deal breaker for me, just like Michael, I want to see both cars so I can finally make up my mind as to which one, although my preference is the SKY.

·
4,592 Posts
solsticeman said:
I think your request is in effect a volunteer ;)

Go 4 it - polls are not that hard.
Hey S-Man, see my test thread, HA HAH HAHAHAHA :jester

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
If you prefer the S2000, by all means get it! You definately want to get what you really want. Just one thing on that car, be sure to give it a really good test drive before you sign. It has more power on paper, but you really have to wind it out! A lot of owners have ended up disappointed in the S2000's power because of its peaky nature. Its 240 HP, but its a very different 240 HP than you would get in a nice V6 engine.

I bet the Solstice will be just as fast, or at least extremely close in speed, to the S2000 in normal daily driving.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
That is pretty good advice John, and I would add this, I would wait a few more weeks until the real info comes from GM, but if you were not impress with the looks of either car, then try some thing else.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Fformula88 said:
If you prefer the S2000, by all means get it! You definately want to get what you really want. Just one thing on that car, be sure to give it a really good test drive before you sign. It has more power on paper, but you really have to wind it out! A lot of owners have ended up disappointed in the S2000's power because of its peaky nature. Its 240 HP, but its a very different 240 HP than you would get in a nice V6 engine.

I bet the Solstice will be just as fast, or at least extremely close in speed, to the S2000 in normal daily driving.
That's for sure. Up to the Solstice's redline, I don't think you'd see much difference in acceleration. After that the S2k will be gone, but around town that is not as likely to happen.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Darkhamr said:
That's for sure. Up to the Solstice's redline, I don't think you'd see much difference in acceleration. After that the S2k will be gone, but around town that is not as likely to happen.
The S2K would definately be gone on faster roads! No doubt. It really depends on how you plan on driving these cars. I am sure it can be fun on a daily basis too. It will still handle like it is on rails. It just won't be as fast as its HP figure would make you believe, without getting it out onto some open roads.

·
4,592 Posts
FF88

your signature

"Hello, my name is John" :D

is the :D a type, a smilie, your last name's initial, whaaa uuuppp!

Well, well, well........ I posted and found my answer, it is a smilie, and they don't work in signatures........ :thumbs

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
RODEO said:
FF88

your signature

"Hello, my name is John" :D

is the :D a type, a smilie, your last name's initial, whaaa uuuppp!

Well, well, well........ I posted and found my answer, it is a smilie, and they don't work in signatures........ :thumbs
See my sig now, I fixed it just for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Audio Imagez said:
What's the point of having all that horsepower when you don't have the torque to compliment it?
Hmm, that's an interesting statement..
I always wondered why a Suzuki GSXR or Honda CBR are not fun to handle at all... :rolleyes

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
See my sig now, I fixed it just for you.
No creativity :-0 :jester

·
Registered
56 Posts
:yawn: you have obviously never driven or riden in an S2000.

And for those commenting in normal driving the Solstice will be just as fast..... well dah, in normal driving an echo is just as fast.

If you don't plan on driving the car hard, then you don't need the power, except for bragging rights.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts