Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing Big John's post early on and watching some of the early replies, some though it was another one of those Matt1234.. garbage posts.

Then the pictures came and we went from doubt to joy.

Big John, if you get in any trouble with your employer, I would like to point out to GM that your posts bought me and I'm sure many others some much needed patience to weather the wait.

You got us over the hump and now its getting close.

"The waiting is the hardest part" but the anticipation in hindsight will fall second only to those first few drives.
I personally will be driving to the mailbox.

Thanks once again for your posts and I would remind the rest of us that you can always ask, but don't think he's rude if he can't reply.

:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
It doesn't really matter what your role is with the Solstice or GM. It does matter that you took time away from your day to post pictures and answer many questions. I am sure you are a contributing factor in many people not giving up and throwing in the towel. You have made the wait much easier and I personally am looking forward to getting this car. Thank you so very much for taking time out of your day to help us out.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
:agree:

The timing was perfect on the pictures and info and then we get production this week.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Big John, I don't know if I need a picture, but your opinion at least would be appreciated. How much useable storage space do you think there is behind the seats? Especially for a shorter person (I'm 5' 5"), who would be positioning the seat closer to the pedals for driving?

Thanks so much for all the great info!!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do you have access to the turbo prototypes? I'd love to have a closeup on how the turbo is placed under the hood, etc... I'm just drooling over it. Otherwise, all the pics you provided are just purely wonderful! and impressive, I'm even more sold on buying the car immediately after I graduate. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jus2shy said:
Do you have access to the turbo prototypes? I'd love to have a closeup on how the turbo is placed under the hood, etc... I'm just drooling over it. Otherwise, all the pics you provided are just purely wonderful! and impressive, I'm even more sold on buying the car immediately after I graduate. :)

No Turbo pictures sorry. :(

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
BIG JOHN said:
:grouphug: Thanks :)

Anymore picture request? (be specific)
I would love to see detailed pictures under the hood. I'm talking how we would hook up a cold air intake (the routing from air intake to engine), shots of clearance to add headers (many people have talked about them, but I think I'll pass). Pictures showing where the spark plugs are so we have an idea on maintenance issues.

I'd also like to see the suspension system in any detail that you can. Not knowing how the car handles I'm wondering if I'll have to beef up any suspension components for autocross days. What does the SLA setup look like on this car?

That's all that comes to mind currently. I know many of these things can been seen in the high-res photos in the gallery, but they don't give a good perspective of clearance and such which these shots would be able to do.

And... one *HUGE* thanks for doing everything you have, and still willing to see if there are other requests.

·
Registered
350 Posts
BIG JOHN said:
:grouphug: Thanks :)

Anymore picture request? (be specific)

I would really like a picture of a wheel with a ruler that has mm markings on it. If you could be sure to take the picture from straight on and hold the ruler parallel to the wheel. This way we could figure out the bolt pattern and end all this discussion about the actual size. With the picture just zoom in and get all 5 lug nuts in the shot and not too much more.

Unless you happen to know the bolt patern and offset... then you could just tell us.

Thanks for all you have done. You manage to keep me very interested.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
dengel said:
Big John, I don't know if I need a picture, but your opinion at least would be appreciated. How much useable storage space do you think there is behind the seats? Especially for a shorter person (I'm 5' 5"), who would be positioning the seat closer to the pedals for driving?

Thanks so much for all the great info!!!! :thumbs:
I have some phone books you can have Dengel

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
BIG JOHN, Thanks for the information.

I have one concern--- :banghead:

Is there a decal/sticker on the inside of the fuel filler flap recommending OCTANE?

Take care-Steve

:willy:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
I would really like a picture of a wheel with a ruler that has mm markings on it. If you could be sure to take the picture from straight on and hold the ruler parallel to the wheel. This way we could figure out the bolt pattern and end all this discussion about the actual size. With the picture just zoom in and get all 5 lug nuts in the shot and not too much more.

Unless you happen to know the bolt patern and offset... then you could just tell us.

Thanks for all you have done. You manage to keep me very interested.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52765&postcount=37

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
package said:
I have some phone books you can have Dengel
Why would I want to fill up the space behind my seat with phone books? This is one of the only times being vertically challenged could be considered a benefit. More storage room in my Solstice!!! :glol:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts