·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday, September 9th, 2012
Noon-5 p.m.
Organized by Jim Lyddon & Carter Grabarczyk
Event Type: Ride

ATTENTION WEST MICHIGAN, MID-MICHIGAN, CHICAGOLAND!

Come Join the Kappa's on the 'Last Run of Summer' Before Autumn Arrives!
From Galesburg, MI (Halfway between Battle Creek and Kalamazoo on I-94) to Hastings, MI

An approximate 3 hour, 106 mile ride along many of the 162 lakes of Barry County Michigan. Multiple curves and rises will occur along tree-shaded, waterside roadways. Come drive through quaint places such as Orangeville, Turners Corner, Cedar Creek, Prairieville and Hickory Corners as you travel through Yankee Springs State Recreation Area.

Ride will proceed rain or shine, top up or top down.

The ride will be of the parade/caravan type. Turn-by-turn directions will be provided. A McDonalds BIO break will occur at the half-way point.

The ride will conclude at the Walldorff Brewpub and Bistro in Hastings, MI about 3:30-4 p.m. Menus and info can be found at: Walldorff Brew Pub & Bistro Hastings MI. Names will be drawn at dinner for prizes.

If any non-MKC members wish to join the ride,
please E-mail Jim at [email protected] to ensure restaurant accomodations, door prizes and enough written materials.
Driving Directions to the Point of Origin:

From Westbound I-94:Exit 85 - 35th Street
Turn right (North) and proceed 0.6 mi to Battle Creek Street where you will turn right and then immediately into the circle drive in front of:
Galesburg-Augusta Primary School
315 West Battle Creek Street
Galesburg, MI 49053

From Eastbound I-94:Exit 85 - 35th Street
Turn left (North) and proceed 0.7 miles to Battle Creek Street where you will turn right and then immediately into the circle drive in front of:
Galesburg-Augusta Primary School
315 West Battle Creek Street
Galesburg, MI 49053

There will be no services/facilities at the point of origin. A McDonalds, Subway, and Shell Gas station is located immediately North of the freeway at exit 85, a half mile before the run origination point.

RUN GUIDELINES:1. Arrive BEFORE Noon, with a FULL tank, and an EMPTY bladder.
2. Use your turn signal so everyone in the caravan can anticipate the turns.
3. Stay in close proximity to the car ahead, so no one gets separated from the group.
4. Two-way radios will be used. About ten loaner radios are available for use by those who need one.
5. The speed limit will be observed (and occasionally adhered to, particularly in town or congested/residential areas.)
6. Collector points will follow any instances where we may momentarily become separated.
7. Solo drivers are invited to drive mid-pack, so as to be less dependent on written directions.
8. A Waiver of Liability will be available for your signature prior to receiving your "Directions Packet".
9. Organizer Cell numbers for any concerns prior to or during the ride: Jim-734.612.5400 Carter-248.231.1031

RSVP at the MKC website.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Maybe--have to convince Dave to make another trip after Mt Rushmore and the Blue Ridge Mountains!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Mrs Wire and Chickenwire are in. The Waldorf is a great place. While I wouldn't consider Orangeville necessarily "quaint" (we live nearby) the route is sure to be terrific. (A lot of great back roads in and around Yankee Springs Rec Area.) Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Brilliant!

Jim and Carter

Thanks again for the wonderful ride through the curves and up and down the hills and along shores of the lakes in western Michigan ... truly a great time in the company of warm, friendly people ... sign us up for next year!

Cheers,
Tony and Debi

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Great run today! Thanks Jim!! Ten kappas showed with 7 of them being a shade of red, one blue, one white, one black. There were three Skys and we were joined by a couple Fieros. Great roads, Great weather and Great restaurant with Great friends.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Great run today! Thanks Jim!! Great roads, Great weather and Great restaurant with Great friends.
Yup, when Jim and I were running the route on Friday, I remember thinking that Jim outdid himself on this ride! Great choice of restaurant too (ask me about the muffaletta panini sandwich).

Sorry I couldn't attend the actual run but my back / sciatica just wasn't cooperating. :(

Hope to be good to go and see everyone on the 9/23 ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts