Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I lost my car's manual. I believe I will find it soon though. But just in case it is gone, where can I purchase the car's manual book in a hard copy? By the way, I found and already downloaded the manual online, but I want the original book.
I found this on ebay, but this is weird... $449.99... There must be something wrong:

Any ideas?
My car is 2009 (2.4 L)..
Thanks,

·
Registered
115 Posts
What you saw on e-bay is a full-on 'service' manual, for actually working on your car. Like a Haynes publication, for instance. The 'owners manual' is the standard booklet(s) / glove box size, that every car gets, full of basic operations, service schedules, etc. Meanwhile
I am dreaming about finding that 'out of print' Solstice collectors book. Sigh.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you saw on e-bay is a full-on 'service' manual, for actually working on your car. Like a Haynes publication, for instance. The 'owners manual' is the standard booklet(s) / glove box size, that every car gets, full of basic operations, service schedules, etc. Meanwhile
I am dreaming about finding that 'out of print' Solstice collectors book. Sigh.
So, you are also looking for this?!

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
So, you are also looking for this?!
I got the three volume GM service manual and it has paid for itself several times over. I don't remember exactly but I think I paid about $200.00 for the set.

·
Super Moderator
7,753 Posts
Hello guys,
I lost my car's manual. I believe I will find it soon though. But just in case it is gone, where can I purchase the car's manual book in a hard copy? By the way, I found and already downloaded the manual online, but I want the original book.
I found this on ebay, but this is weird... $449.99... There must be something wrong:

Any ideas?
My car is 2009 (2.4 L)..
Thanks,
This is the source for the official documents: Pontiac Solstice 2009

·
Super Moderator
7,753 Posts
What you saw on e-bay is a full-on 'service' manual, for actually working on your car. Like a Haynes publication, for instance. ........
I find it difficult to compare the factory service manual set to a Haynes manual without thinking about the comic books based on classic novels: AbeBooks: Classics Illustrated: Pioneering Comic Books
What "out of print book "are you looking for ?
This one: The Pontiac Solstice Book: Gary Witzenburg: 9780932128133: Amazon.com: Books

1 - 7 of 7 Posts