Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. is there anyone how knows what means the code P0014 when the check engine in GXP 2008 is lighted. Thanks

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Camshaft position error. Usually it's the camshaft position sensor but sometimes it's the camshaft actuator. (One tells the engine control module where the camshaft position is, the other adjusts it.) Search for P0014 in the search window at the top of the site and you'll find many threads addressing this.

(It's usually a very easy fix.)

·
Super Moderator
7,175 Posts
hello all. is there anyone how knows what means the code P0014 when the check engine in GXP 2008 is lighted. Thanks
@chickenwire is correct. It is specifically the exhaust camshaft position, but the recommendation is to replace both at the same time. They are about $30 each, and easy to replace, being right on top of the engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@chickenwire is correct. It is specifically the exhaust camshaft position, but the recommendation is to replace both at the same time. They are about $30 each, and easy to replace, being right on top of the engine.
thank you i allready replaced all sensors involved but it didn't help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Camshaft position error. Usually it's the camshaft position sensor but sometimes it's the camshaft actuator. (One tells the engine control module where the camshaft position is, the other adjusts it.) Search for P0014 in the search window at the top of the site and you'll find many threads addressing this.

(It's usually a very easy fix.)
thank you i ll try to find it in the search window

·
Registered
588 Posts
did you change sensors? or the sily noids that the sensors are saying is bad?? well they dont say the sily noids are bad but they say the camshaft is not advancing like it's told to do, witch is sily noids or timing chain related most of the thyme. I would recomend not using any china sensors, china sily noids seem to be ok. the ac delco sensors are not expensive. but usually there ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts