Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Colorado Grand ® 'Concours d'Non Elegance' 2014
The Colorado Grand 'Concours d'Non Elegance' is this Saturday in Vail.

I you want to see one of the best vintage car displays in the Colorado region

The Colorado Grand | The Colorado Grand ®

Seems like the Denver meeting place for most car groups to drive up to Vail is at the
Wooly Mammoth Parking Lot at US 40 near Heritage Square in Golden, CO at 7:00 am Saturday 9/13 (I-70 and the Hogback Exit 259)

Come join the group!

·
Super Moderator
16,274 Posts
Sounds like fun

Competing with the biggest car show in the state however. clement Park Festival of Cars is also a Saturday. Different group of car people though I suspect.

·
Registered
846 Posts
The Colorado Grand ® 'Concours d'Non Elegance' 2014
The Colorado Grand 'Concours d'Non Elegance' is this Saturday in Vail.

I you want to see one of the best vintage car displays in the Colorado region

The Colorado Grand | The Colorado Grand ®

Seems like the Denver meeting place for most car groups to drive up to Vail is at the
Wooly Mammoth Parking Lot at US 40 near Heritage Square in Golden, CO at 7:00 am Saturday 9/13 (I-70 and the Hogback Exit 259)

Come join the group!
This must have been the cruise they showed on the news up in the mountains about 2 weeks ago? It looked cold and wet that day, and some of the cars had no tops.

·
Registered
846 Posts
It was.

The cars were dirty, and spectacular.

Would love to have ya join us next year.
That's my problem. Cleanliness. Ch. 9 news local, Adele Arakawa, made the comment she would never take that one rare Porsche XXXXXXXX (I don't remember what it was, but she seemed to know) out in weather like that. She's known to be anal about her clean car, and evidently she is something of a car enthusiast. To each their own though. There is certainly something to the side that ANY car is meant to be driven. I just side with Adele and drive ours only on nice days.

They did look nice though, some great courage going up there with some vehicles that had little or no top and despite being bundled in leather jackets, hats, scarf, etc. the few vids seemed to be showing some people having great fun. Our coupe soft top is a pain, but it would have spared us on a day like that, should we have started out with targa off.

Why isn't this drive done a month earlier?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts