Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stopped by the Danbury, CT Pontiac dealer last night after hours. I peeked into the showroom and right in the middle was a Sly Solstice. So today I went back and got an up close look. The car is fantastic! :)

I asked the dealer how many cars he has sold. Much to my surprise, he told me this car wasn’t for sale and that they hadn’t taken any orders for the Solstice. He said they didn’t take orders for his first allocation because they “didn’t want to disappoint people with not being able to give them delivery dates.” I asked him if I ordered a car today, when I could expect to get it. He reiterated that I couldn’t order one today since they weren’t taking orders. Very strange! :willy: :skep:

But after seeing the car, I was so excited that I figured I should stop into my dealer to see if there was a change in my orders states. Last I knew, two weeks ago it was at 3000. I was floored when the dealer told me the car was produced. He gave me a print out and it had a lot of activity on October 5.

2000 9/26 Accepted by GM
2500 9/27 Preferenced
3000 9/28 Accepted by production control
1101 10/5 Preliminary order added
2050 10/5 Order changed
3100 10/5 Available to sequence
3300 10/5 Scheduled for production
3400 10/5 Broadcast
3800 10/14 Produced

VIN#3231- Now I’m really excited! :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
PubliusE said:
I stopped by the Danbury, CT Pontiac dealer last night after hours. I peeked into the showroom and right in the middle was a Sly Solstice. So today I went back and got an up close look. The car is fantastic! :)

I asked the dealer how many cars he has sold. Much to my surprise, he told me this car wasn’t for sale and that they hadn’t taken any orders for the Solstice. He said they didn’t take orders for his first allocation because they “didn’t want to disappoint people with not being able to give them delivery dates.” I asked him if I ordered a car today, when I could expect to get it. He reiterated that I couldn’t order one today since they weren’t taking orders. Very strange! :willy: :skep:

But after seeing the car, I was so excited that I figured I should stop into my dealer to see if there was a change in my orders states. Last I knew, two weeks ago it was at 3000. I was floored when the dealer told me the car was produced. He gave me a print out and it had a lot of activity on October 5.

2000 9/26 Accepted by GM
2500 9/27 Preferenced
3000 9/28 Accepted by production control
1101 10/5 Preliminary order added
2050 10/5 Order changed
3100 10/5 Available to sequence
3300 10/5 Scheduled for production
3400 10/5 Broadcast
3800 10/14 Produced

VIN#3231- Now I’m really excited! :thumbs:
Yours will probably come in with Sol In Ct his is from Milford Ct. His is ready to ship and in the dealers inventory. I would imagine he should get his this week. It almost made it out last week 30 min more and it would of been on it's way. But GM put a hold on before it left.

Congrats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts