Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Luc had made a mention of the adds at the bottom of the page. If you click it, it brings you to eBay. Look what I found on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&rd=1&item=4534106744&category=6386&sspagename=WDVW

The selling of top 1000 spots has begun. You've got 4 days left to lock in your one of 1000 first Solsti.
  • This is a Pre-Order sale For 1 of First 1000 Solstice Made.
  • When You Order You will recive From Pontiac Certificate of Authenticity.
  • Also the car will have a Unique IP Trim Badge.
  • A Special VIN Sequence From 1 to 1000 and Other Solstice Premiums
  • This is a Pre-Order For A New Limited Pontiac Solstice.
It will be sold for M.S.R.P. The Solstice will be in the Low to Mid 20,000.00 Price Range. The Selling Price on the Auction will not be the actual price do to the Equipment and Vehicle options you select. it is a range of the M.S.R.P To give you an idea of what to expect in regards to price.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
goalscore247 said:
too bad that ebay ad says its an automatic, thought they werent out for monthes
It's just a typo more then likely. Automatic supposedly wont be out till next year.

·
Registered
82 Posts
All i gotta say is GM better jump all over this because i remember that the point of the early purchase and stuff was that the dealers couldnt charge over the MSRP

·
4,592 Posts
I was thinking the same, maybe it's not a base model, but how would you know???

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The action says the car will be sold at MSRP, which does not violate GM's restrictions on these first 1000 cars in any way.
It will be sold for M.S.R.P. The Solstice will be in the Low to Mid 20,000.00 Price Range. The Selling Price on the Auction will not be the actual price do to the Equipment and Vehicle options you select. it is a range of the M.S.R.P To give you an idea of what to expect in regards to price.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I can't believe that dealer has the nerve to screw over their whole home area of Atlanta by being willing to sell their 1-5 of early orders to anybody anywhere. :cuss: You could have been camping on their doorstep for the last year and a half begging for Solstice info and they keep saying 'What's a Solstice?' Glad I'm far enough away from there and probably another year from purchase anyway. :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Too funny. He's got several picture of the concept from 2002. If it's MSRP why is the opening bid $22,500?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It would be too funy if that dealer didn't get any of the first 1000 Solsti! :glol: Since there will be 1000 Solstices, and there are 2800 (est) dealers, more than a couple will not be getting one of the first ones!

·
Registered
178 Posts
:lol: Guys, I think this ad is legitimate. :lol:

The funniest part of this ad is you just know that some idiot somewhere is actually going to place a bid for this car.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If you read the auction it says the price for the auction is an estimated price for a optioned out model. If you win the bid you pay $500 down, and then pay MSRP + option prices. It looks like the dealer is just using eBay to make sales. At first I thoguht they were trying to start a bidding war for the right to get in line, but after reading it seems they're just trying to sell it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
At first I was a little miffed at this guy, but now that I have read all of the facts I cannot fault him for trying to make a sale and using all tools available to him.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
Brian said:
At first I was a little miffed at this guy, but now that I have read all of the facts I cannot fault him for trying to make a sale and using all tools available to him.
However look at it in a different way, here you have an Atlanta dealer, in a very large metropolitan area and this dealer has to go to E-Bay to get 5 pre-order?.
The way I see it, the only people interested in this car so far are the people in this forum, so maybe the only thing that will save GM is the fact that ONLY 20,000 units will be produce. I will also keep my eye on the e-bay auction to see what sort of reaction you get from that large audience, that auction will tell us and GM what to expect and what marketing they may have to do, to attract more sales, or is a home run and they can put it in cruise control.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Brian said:
They should use forums like this one to generate leads.

·
4,592 Posts
Everyone post, say it wasn't me, we'll figure it out by deductive reasoning!

wasn't me.

wait, it could have been one of our significant others getting it for our birthdays :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RODEO said:
Everyone post, say it wasn't me, we'll figure it out by deductive reasoning!

wasn't me.

wait, it could have been one of our significant others getting it for our birthdays :lol:
Don't hold your breath. I did, and this is what hap... :brentil:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts