Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Directly from a Southern California Dealership, the most up to date information on the first 1000 orders. I have been authorized by my General Manager to let you all know what we as a dealership know about the first 1000 of the 2006 Pontiac Solstice. Here is what we know as a dealer-

- The first 1000 Solsti (ce's) will have sequential VIN numbers and commemorative launch badging.
- Dealers are only allowed to submit paid orders (hence the confirmation numbers being given to customers from Pontiac)
- Every dealer who is a part of the launch program may order up to FIVE paid cars (deposit- our dealer is taking a 2,000.00 deposit). Those five vehicles are not part of a dealers initial yearly allotment- they are first come first serve as of 2pm April 14th, 2005. No dealer who has signed up for the launch program has any gaurentee (with 1 Solstice available for every 2.8 dealers), therefor dealers AND customers must act quickly.
- WE AS DEALERSHIPS DO NOT have any information regarding how to get a confirmation number from Pontiac.
- Part of our Launch agreement is that we sell the cars for MSRP, NO ADDED MARKUP, with the option to sell dealer installed accessories or warranties.
- The base MSRP is $19,995 and the individual options as Im sure you all know many of them have been released, as have colors, and some accessories but no option pricing has been released.
- As of now I have 2 deposits of my goal of five at my dealership and the customers understand that that still does not gaurentee them one of the first 1000, if they do not get one then once the regular allotment begins they will have first choice.
THAT IS ALL THE CURRENT INFORMATION "LAUNCH" DEALERS HAVE UNTIL MARCH 23RD, 2005

<Edited by moderator:
I'd like to direct your attention to the following link:http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16686&postcount=7
regarding commercial posting and supporting vendors. Please follow the instructions regarding supporting vendors by contacting Troy Roberts. Please do not repost your contact information - this is unfair to those dealers that have become Supporting Dealers.

Thanks, however, for posting the early order information that you had.>

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
solsticeseller said:
Directly from a Southern California Dealership, the most up to date information on the first 1000 orders. I have been authorized by my General Manager to let you all know what we as a dealership know about the first 1000 of the 2006 Pontiac Solstice. Here is what we know as a dealer-

- Every dealer who is a part of the launch program may order up to FIVE paid cars (deposit- our dealer is taking a 2,000.00 deposit). Those five vehicles are not part of a dealers initial yearly allotment- they are first come first serve as of 2pm April 14th, 2005. No dealer who has signed up for the launch program has any gaurentee (with 1 Solstice available for every 2.8 dealers), therefor dealers AND customers must act quickly.
- As of now I have 2 deposits of my goal of five at my dealership and the customers understand that that still does not gaurentee them one of the first 1000, if they do not get one then once the regular allotment begins they will have first choice.
THAT IS ALL THE CURRENT INFORMATION "LAUNCH" DEALERS HAVE UNTIL MARCH 23RD, 2005
I believe the date you mean is APRIL 15, not april 14 as you have stated above.

We have information from Pontiac that directs dealers NOT to pre-sell or promise sales. Solstice Early Order Program Update. I take it that your interpretation is that you will give preference to those that have put down deposits?

How do you plan to deal with those folks whose first exposure to a Solstice is through the Apprentice, they get their ID# as the commercial says, then they hightail it on down to your dealership exactly on time, followed all the rules and want to get their Solstice? But you've "promised" 5 others preference in the lineup and THEY take their own sweet time, maybe never getting their own ID#'s at all?

You'll actually turn those customers away?

·
Registered
338 Posts
First off, sorry this as long as a slosticeman post....but I have an idea that any other dealers may want to look at, or perhaps you guys can help tweak it, so it works for y'all. IMHO, the forums are probably a big factor in deciding what is produced, and what goes into a back garage somewhere in Detroit. Thank y'all, 'cuz I gotta wait til next spring to get one, but I'm gonna get one.

I'm going to create a "Solstice Launch" board, (no catchy name yet, maybe a countdown too, who knows :willy: ) in full public view. It will have 5 rows, then a red line, and a few more rows, with some columns. High tech. Sorted by deposit, Client initials,maybe an in-house P.O. #, date they put down deposit, and a spot for them to fill in the unique web id or whatever it is GM is throwing out on the 14 APR. They can call it in, fax it, prefer email, so we can print & tape it to the poster. I've already got an agreement with the Gen Mgr if somebody has been calling in about this program already, and they email it to me Thurs. nite, they keep thier spot. They have been made aware they have until 1:45 EST to get it to me. I only say 1:45 b/c, well, we need about 15 mins to get everybody on a plan at that point if there is an opening. So, if for some unknown reason a client I have been talking to for 2 months runs late, or, God forbid has to actually WORK that day, they are not screwed by the dealer's cousin with a new gift idea for his girl calling at noon after he wakes up from a frat party. It seems only fair to me.

It would also prolly behoove many to go in and take the time to get pre-approval for a loan a few days before hand or the same time they "pre-order," so the deal structure is already in place, and dated for the 15th. All the fin. mgr has to do is submit it to GMAC or wherever. Heck, post date a check if you want to. Some other larger dealers may want to consider appointing thier BuyPower Mgrs in charge of handling this, b/c too many cooks in the kitchen...(Y'all gotta work out the commisions in house, though. If somebody at our house gives me a lead, I take a flat mini, they get the balance.) Anyways, it's almost gotta be managed by one person. I do however see some greedy SOB offering to pay MSRP +$XXXX to jump ahead, though. May present a problem in the big towns. Just got to rely on the integrity of the dealership. Help me out with this, it may help you guys out as well. Never know.

·
Registered
753 Posts
hey conejoe48- this is the program rules you posted for us in another thread. am i reading this wrong, or is it required that the buyers actaully arrive in the showroom with the internet i.d. number?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
question

Just wondering, why does everybody want a Solstice that is the FIRST BATCH of 1000? These early vehicles will have at least some sort of bug/glitch in them. I wouldent want to waste my money with a vehicle that has yet to established in the market yet. I personally am waiting for the second shipment to Canada, because there has already been a bunch driving around that have been evaluated. Like so what if a vehicle has a special VIN or a special badge! well.. just my opinion.

·
Registered
338 Posts
cdb said:
hey conejoe48- this is the program rules you posted for us in another thread. am i reading this wrong, or is it required that the buyers actaully arrive in the showroom with the internet i.d. number?
Yeah, I see where maybe I skipped the last bullet point where the page breaks. I do read it that they actually need to be present. AGAIN, 23 MAR will yield new info.

What I was expanding on in my earlier "Manifesto" was that I am going to utilize a public display board to protect the people who have put deposits in BEFORE the airing of the show, and allow them the courtesy of not standing by my desk listening to me talk on the phone all morning. Hypothetically, if we have to manually input each order on that date, then that would allow somebody in the 5th spot a little more time to get in than the guy first on the board. But if that person doesn't get in when thier order time has come, it puts the dealership in a tough spot without proper rules in place. For all planning on a first 1000, I would suggest that each of you personnaly request a copy of the ordering rules, and go over it with the appointed contact at the dealership. I'm sure GM will have or already has a plan for us, maybe we can tweak it, or maybe not.

During the 23 MAR broadcast, I will pose the question to the moderator, what if somebody has already planned a vacation, or goes into surgery or another unforseen act? Do they need to agonaizingly wait til fall, or what. We'll find out, though. Personally, if somebody has had a deposit in for 2 months,they deserve one. But then, I don't run the company.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
dylan01 said:
Just wondering, why does everybody want a Solstice that is the FIRST BATCH of 1000? These early vehicles will have at least some sort of bug/glitch in them. I wouldent want to waste my money with a vehicle that has yet to established in the market yet. I personally am waiting for the second shipment to Canada, because there has already been a bunch driving around that have been evaluated. Like so what if a vehicle has a special VIN or a special badge! well.. just my opinion.
Most likely the people who will try to get one of the first 1000 would have tried to pre-order a Solstice anyway. They are willing to take the chance of having some early problems and being defacto GM beta testers.

However, not everyone will be getting one of the first 1000. I won't anyway. I am still sticking to my plan of waiting so I can see, touch, look at, and drive the Solstice before I finally comit. I also don't mind stretching out the purchase a little while because I am hoping to find out more details on whether a forced induction model will be out next year. :)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Since even according to GM from what we've seen you can qualify for the 1/1000 get a car built and delivered to dealer and still walk on it if it say doesn't fit. A "sold" car for this program would be nothing more than a signed order with a bonifide deposit on the table. I don't see the requirement of prequalifying or securing the loan ahead of time. Maybe we plan on hitting the slots just before delivery. How would Pontiac be able to verify that when we get our unique id. Then only those with 25000 free space on their credit cards could play. I do think that if any dealer already has any deposits or has even made verbal committment to a place in line even for regular production that they have a moral obligation to inform those customers already in line about the 1/1000 program and place them in the que. Even if you are savvy and all over the internet, if someone else has money down before you, you should have to wait.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
dylan01 said:
Where would we be today if no one wanted to buy the first 1000 Corvettes, or Mustangs. :D There might have been issues with them, but I really don't think anyone would care.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
exactly right!!!

achieftain said:
Since even according to GM from what we've seen you can qualify for the 1/1000 get a car built and delivered to dealer and still walk on it if it say doesn't fit. A "sold" car for this program would be nothing more than a signed order with a bonifide deposit on the table. I don't see the requirement of prequalifying or securing the loan ahead of time. Maybe we plan on hitting the slots just before delivery. How would Pontiac be able to verify that when we get our unique id. Then only those with 25000 free space on their credit cards could play. I do think that if any dealer already has any deposits or has even made verbal committment to a place in line even for regular production that they have a moral obligation to inform those customers already in line about the 1/1000 program and place them in the que. Even if you are savvy and all over the internet, if someone else has money down before you, you should have to wait.
A car CANNOT BE FINANCED until it is delivered and there is a VIN # assigned. All that is required by GM is that there is a bonefide deposit and a signed order and confirmation number. At this point anybody will be able to get a confirmation number online, the confirmation numbers are in no particular order, and will only work after 2pm April 15th, 2005 (sorry about the confusion, I mistyped 14th). Part of the Soltice Launch agreement we dealers have through GM is NOT selling the car for over MSRP and YES the customer can withdraw their interest once the vehicle hits the lot. Since the confirmation numbers are not sequential (THEREFOR NOT FORMING A LINE/ORDER TO A WAITING LIST THROUGH PONTIAC) My customers with deposits already on the books are first in my line they will just need to obtain a confirmation number (NOTE: THIS CONFIRMATION NUMBER ALSO DOES NOT GAURENTEE A SOLSTICE TO A CUSTOMER- IT GAURENTEE'S AN OPPORTUNITY TO TRY TO PLACE AN ORDER!!!) The people who get excited about the Solstice after the commercial on the Apprentice will still have to put a deposit down (whatever is left of the 5 spaces permitting AND also understand that it does not gaurentee a Solstice) The vehicles will only be gaurenteed as ordered AFTER April 15, 2005 and your dealer has placed the order; IN ALL HONESTY YOU AS A CUSTOMER SHOULD NOT ASSUME YOUR CAR IS ORDERED AND CONFIRMED UNTIL YOUR DEALERSHIP IS ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH YOUR VIN # (THAT MEANS IT IS ON THE PRODUCTION LINE AND WOULD BE AVAILABLE WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF PLACING THE ORDER).

Remember a dealer cannot keep your deposit if you do decide to pass on the vehicle and DO NOT let a dealer charge u MSRP plus deposit, As for the credit card dilema (ONLY PEOPLE WITH A 25,000 LIMIT OR MORE) it is a federal law that a dealer cannot put more than 1/3 the MSRP of the vehicle on a credit card as part of multiple Fraud and identy theft laws.

ALSO REMEMBER: Right now WE ARE ALL waiting until March 23, 2005 for the rest of the information- I am planning on putting together my orders within 2 days of that date for submittal to GM so that all my customers with deposits have to do is bring their confirmation #'s in on April 15th and we can submit the orders right away.

HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK!!!

Oh yeah and from what we know the vehicles will be hitting dealer lots by the last week of June!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
solsticeseller said:
Dealers are only allowed to submit paid orders (hence the confirmation numbers being given to customers from Pontiac)
/QUOTE]

I WOULD LIKE CLARIFICATION ON THIS. IS A PAID ORDER PAID IN FULL OR DOWN PAYMENT MADE? DOES IT MEAN THAT WHEN WE GO TO THE SITE TO GET OUR PERSONAL NUMBER WE HAVE TO PAY A DOWN PAYMENT TO GET THE NUMBER? I DON'T USE MY CREDIT CARD ON LINE SO I WOUD BE OUT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN MY DOWN PAYMENT TO THE DEALER. I DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT THE DEALERS ARE TAKING DOWN PAYMENTS THAT THEY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO HONOR AS PONTIAC IS SAYING THEY CANNOT PRE SELL THE 5 CHANCES. IF THE DEALERS ARE TOLD THEY CANNOT TAKE DOWN PAYMENTS THEN THEY SHOULD REFUND OUR MONEY.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Can any of our supporting dealers or others tell me when confirmation of getting one of the first 1000 occurs? Is it immediately after all the information of one order is put in the dealer computer (and the monitor lights up or blinks) or at some later time like when all the first 1000 are claimed?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Zolsol said:
Can any of our supporting dealers or others tell me when confirmation of getting one of the first 1000 occurs? Is it immediately after all the information of one order is put in the dealer computer (and the monitor lights up or blinks) or at some later time like when all the first 1000 are claimed?
We don't know that yet. Hoping the satellite broadcast on the 23rd tells us.

·
Registered
97 Posts
solsticeseller said:
IN ALL HONESTY YOU AS A CUSTOMER SHOULD NOT ASSUME YOUR CAR IS ORDERED AND CONFIRMED UNTIL YOUR DEALERSHIP IS ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH YOUR VIN # (THAT MEANS IT IS ON THE PRODUCTION LINE AND WOULD BE AVAILABLE WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF PLACING THE ORDER).
You can assume your car is ordered once it has been preferenced (shows up in the placed tab then moves to In System). VIN #'s are assigned when the car is BUILT, not 2 weeks before the order is placed. Maybe I'm just not understanding what you mean though. Please clarify yourself.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
ateam_77 said:
I WOULD LIKE CLARIFICATION ON THIS. IS A PAID ORDER PAID IN FULL OR DOWN PAYMENT MADE? DOES IT MEAN THAT WHEN WE GO TO THE SITE TO GET OUR PERSONAL NUMBER WE HAVE TO PAY A DOWN PAYMENT TO GET THE NUMBER? I DON'T USE MY CREDIT CARD ON LINE SO I WOUD BE OUT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN MY DOWN PAYMENT TO THE DEALER. I DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT THE DEALERS ARE TAKING DOWN PAYMENTS THAT THEY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO HONOR AS PONTIAC IS SAYING THEY CANNOT PRE SELL THE 5 CHANCES. IF THE DEALERS ARE TOLD THEY CANNOT TAKE DOWN PAYMENTS THEN THEY SHOULD REFUND OUR MONEY.
ateam77, I bet you won't use your card online. All money will transact at the dealership. The customer website is just to get an ID # of some kind which you take to your dealer. As far as deposits go it's just a sign of committment to the dealer that you are serious.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
mceb said:
ateam77, I bet you won't use your card online. All money will transact at the dealership. The customer website is just to get an ID # of some kind which you take to your dealer. As far as deposits go it's just a sign of committment to the dealer that you are serious.
:agree: It has to be as simple as okay, this customer actually watched (or had someone watch for him/her) "The Apprentice" on 4/14 and this customer actually has internet access and we have verified by having this customer enter their email address twice so that we know this customer is not a software program but is an actual person. Now we see if our marketing skills are any good and if the first 1000 Sols sell out by 5PM our team leader gets the job offer from The Donald.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
cdb said:
any computer network people out there? what's going to happen when they open the server at 2PM EST and it gets 5000 or 10000 hits in 3 seconds
Depends on what they have on the server end. Personally I doubt they are going to Ticketmaster levels of traffic for this thing. ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
eatoninside said:
We don't know that yet. Hoping the satellite broadcast on the 23rd tells us.
Do all dealers have access to this satellite broadcast? If so, has the time it will air been announced?

I want to make sure my dealer is up to date on everything.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
cdb said:
any computer network people out there? what's going to happen when they open the server at 2PM EST and it gets 5000 or 10000 hits in 3 seconds
If GM did their job right, nothing. :D
Also the system that gets accessed on the 15th at 2pm can only be accessed by dealers who have signed up for the Solstice promotional deal. Which as of last Friday was only 1100 dealers.

Now the system that handles the pre-order code for the post Apprentice commercial, that's the system that needs to be able to handle thousands of requests.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts