Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past two night while night driving with the lowbeams on, I have had at least 4 people flash highs on me since they thought mine were on. I only could flash my highs back in response to let them know that they need to set an appointment with their eye doctor.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Were your fog/driving lights on? I find sometimes people flash due to those. People flashing doesn't necessarily mean bright. My last car I got flashed alot, but my current car I don't, even though it is much brighter and I can see the road much more clearly. I think the height, angle and setup can cause this problem.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Personally, I'd hate Zenon HID’s. Way too bright for my eyes, especially in the rear & side views. It's overkill. What's in the Sol, Halogen?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I love my Xenon headlights on my Murano, way better than normal ones. So to hear that the "normal ones" on the Solstice are bright is great news.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darkhamr said:
Were your fog/driving lights on? I find sometimes people flash due to those. People flashing doesn't necessarily mean bright. My last car I got flashed alot, but my current car I don't, even though it is much brighter and I can see the road much more clearly. I think the height, angle and setup can cause this problem.
I know that one of the times they were on, the other times the fogs were definately off.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Excelsior said:
The past two night while night driving with the lowbeams on, I have had at least 4 people flash highs on me since they thought mine were on. I only could flash my highs back in response to let them know that they need to set an appointment with their eye doctor.
Hmmm, maybe there were just from forum members who spotted you driving in the area :)

AJ

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Hmmm, maybe there were just from forum members who spotted you driving in the area :)
That's a definite possibility ... might just be people excited to see you.

Also, keep in mind that this is a brand new car and yours is one of the first off the line ... there is a slight possibility the headlights are aimed just a tad higher than they should be in the car and they just haven't gotten any feedback about it yet. Maybe you should get with a friend or relative to drive toward them so they can tell you if it really is a problem. Adjustment is usually very simple and if it's aimed too high, you can just turn one or two screws to aim them slightly lower and/or more to the right. You certainly don't want to be blinding drivers who are heading in your general direction. :lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Good to hear they are plenty bright. Sounds like they are adjusted too high. I think I read here on this forum that the suspension sort of wears or settles in after a certain mileage and the car will actually lower slightly. Perhaps Pontiac has adjusted them for the eventual ride height. Don't know if this is true, maybe GMlinedog knows how they are adjusted at the factory.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.