Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Besides the actual Solstice colors, what's your favorite "what if" color for it?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Pretty much most people who read the forums can guess what I'm about to say. :D

What I want right now is Yellow. It was on the original options lists, but then apparently was dropped recently in favor of Summit White [Pure]. I persoanlly would never own a white car, so the drop of white for yellow had me really disapointed.

My second choice for a color that doesn't exist is Orange. And I don't mean that burnt metallic orange you find on Pontiacs now because it makes me want to vomit. I mean like a nice brihgt orange, like creamcicle ornage. :D However I also know orange is an extremely hard color to pull of on pretty much any car. So I realistically don't expect to see orange as an option till the SOlstice proves its going to be around a while and they can take some risks on various color choices.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'd like to see the copper color that they used for the concept coupe. I am a total sucker for copper, nothing sexier than a 350z or NSX in copper, let alone a curvacious Solstice :)

·
Premium Member
10,405 Posts
I am not discounting anything until April 15th, to me that is the day we will know the real facts. I also believe if yellow does not come out on the first 1000 it will be an option before the end of the year, together with other colors like dark red wine, blue sky etc.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I want to see a nice orange like brentil suggested. I currently having issues on which I want to pick between the blue or SLY. I am hoping the sly ends up more like its posted on the site brentil posted and not as dark as ive seen the DARK grey solstice in pics. Its problaly the same color but I can hope!

Whats the chances of a special "First 1000" color? I think thats something you could easily see them do have a optional color for the first 1000 cars....

Why is it were getting screwed with leather colors though? Ebony and Sand? Come on cant we come up with a another 2nd tone color other then sand?

Is the sky suppose to get the Black/Red interior?

·
Premium Member
10,405 Posts
Yes the SKY will have a Red/Black interior plus other choices.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I want purple with white stripes. not that metalic funny purple but good old royal candy purple. The depth can be from the shine rather than metal flake.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Super dark, dark, deep bing cherry - with a metallic component. So deep you could lose yourself in your own reflection. Like the 96 Impala SS cherry, but deeper yet.

That, or MaryKay-Pepto-Bismol Pink :).

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
GM should conduct polls like this...

...then they would realize that the coupe-concept-metallic-orange would sell like hotcakes.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I'd easily take a nice Candy Apple Red. GM has a very good darker red (maybe a little darker than Candy Apple) on the C6 Corvette's. That would be great too! Aside from that, either Yellow or Orange would also be good. The Solstice needs more bright colors!

·
Registered
126 Posts
solsticeman said:
Super dark, dark, deep bing cherry - with a metallic component. So deep you could lose yourself in your own reflection. Like the 96 Impala SS cherry, but deeper yet.

That, or MaryKay-Pepto-Bismol Pink :).

Here's your dream car solsticeman!

P.S. I wouldn't do it for the same reason I didn't get a Magenta S-15 Jimmy back in 1995! :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
solsticeman said:
where's the :barf: when you need it? :rolleyes:
I've seen one on grandamgt. That thang is right up there with, and please I know we probably have a very successful agent out there, so please don't take any offense}}Mary Kay Pink. :barf: :(

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
My choices would be, in order of preference;

Mettalic Orange or Copper
Mettalic Bright Red
Mettalic Dark Red
Mettalic Bright Green
Mettalic Turquiose
Mettalic Bright Blue

The colors they have now? Bah! :banghead:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts