Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for you experts out there. From the research I have done here on this site I am under the impression the only time a car will proceed to the Magic 2500 (preferenced) is on a Tuesday evening GM computer shufle. Are the codes after that generated situationally or also tied into the Tuesday night shuffle. Lastly as the first 4 month allocation ends in October if you car hasen't been preferenced by now it isn't a first allocation or there has been a delay in completing the first allocation.

·
Registered
265 Posts
that's my understanding of it too..if i'm not picked up by 10/31 (or i guess 11/1) then i'm not in the first allocation, no matter what my dealer has been promising me. :(

·
Registered
711 Posts
Second allocation is means Jan-March (or later) delivery?

·
5,641 Posts
z3404 said:
From the research I have done here on this site I am under the impression the only time a car will proceed to the Magic 2500 (preferenced) is on a Tuesday evening GM computer shufle.
Yes, preferenced event code #2500 for cars that have been allocated through the weekly dealer order cycle (as all Solstices should be) will be Tuesday.

z3404 said:
Are the codes after that generated situationally or also tied into the Tuesday night shuffle.
Event codes that follow will be the day/or day after they happen. So they are not restricted to just happening on Tuesday.

z3404 said:
Lastly as the first 4 month allocation ends in October if you car hasen't been preferenced by now it isn't a first allocation or there has been a delay in completing the first allocation.
First allocation should have ended. November allocations should be the start of the estimated second four month allocation period. November-February allocations, December-March builds, and January-April deliveries will be the easiest way to think of it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for answering SD. What I make of that is since the last open allocation with constraints was on 13 October and no allocations since then if your car wasn't picked up prior to or on the 18th computer shuffle it isn't a first allocation since there have been no open allocations since then. Just strikes me as funny that there were no allocations during the final 2 weeks of the first 4 month allocation period unless of course the last first allocation cars were preferenced on the 18th or its going to spill over into November.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts