Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current thread about trunk space got me to thinking... What's the most you've ever fit in your Solstice? I'm confident I may hold the record. In one single two-hour trip, my Solstice contained:

A duffle bag full of clothes; a book-bag full of random stuff; a tool box; a pillow; a sleeping bag; a Fender Deluxe amp; a double gig bag with two guitars; an Echoplex; a reverb unit; a box of 25 D'Addario strings; a Mac Mini + mouse and keyboard; a 21" flatscreen monitor; two hard drives; 6 bottles of water (after the first 2-hour leg, I was driving across the country); a leather jacket; iPhone mount...

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
That's what I love about the Solstice - it's restricted cargo capacity. We take it to town on the weekend and we save money. This past weekend we took the pickup to go grocery shopping. Dropped over $300.00.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
See my thread "How to Pack a Sol". :thumbs:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've gone camping with my Sol three times, including tent, sleeping bags, air mattress, clothes, fans, etc. I don't have the full list of gear, and it was a tight squeeze each time, but it worked.

I've only done one other overnight trip with my Sol, but I am planning a cross-country trip in a few weeks probably.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got a weeks worth of stuff for two people in my car for my Florida vacation.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Oh, hell yes Silvr. The shammy has a permanent spot! Small bottle of bug remover, some detailing mist and at least one microfiber. THEN we pack the other "essentials". Actually, we bought the Kappa Sphere bags and they work great. Told my bride "if it fits in the bag, it fits in the Solstice." Believe me, she can do some stress testing of the zippers, but it's worked well. Garment bag across the top and we did a 5 day road trip.

Even picked up a small oil painting and a few shirts/trinkets and still had room on the way home.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've been able to fit my electric guitar, amp, a small suitcase, school bag and a bunch of shoes. It was a little tricky but I got it to work.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I wish I had taken pictures from our trip a couple years ago. So far from these pics, I know I've got them beat. We actually utilized the additional space from the humps to get everything to fit. It was on my way back from Signal Officer School at Fort Gordon.

On my way out of Atlanta I started playing Eastbound and Down and looked over at my wife with my best finger mustache and said, "I'm the bandit!" At that exact moment I saw the cop on the side of the road turn his lights on. But, I got away with a warning from Buford T. Justice.

·
Registered
750 Posts
On Bullrun we packed the trunk with enough clothes for 21 days for two people, 3 one gallon gas cans, every belt, lamp and fuse the car has, a small racing jack, a 72 piece tool kit(behind the front seats), cleaning supplies, two ipads, 3 gps units, a power distribution block, handheld police scanner, & two way radios. Oh and a partridge in a pear tree. LOL

·
Registered
517 Posts
I cheat we have a coupe..

·
Registered
551 Posts
I don't have a list, but 11 days worth of clothing for two, camera bag, extra shoes, and of course car washing supplies... we've done it twice.

·
Registered
563 Posts
On Bullrun we packed the trunk with enough clothes for 21 days for two people, 3 one gallon gas cans, every belt, lamp and fuse the car has, a small racing jack, a 72 piece tool kit(behind the front seats), cleaning supplies, two ipads, 3 gps units, a power distribution block, handheld police scanner, & two way radios. Oh and a partridge in a pear tree. LOL
Thought you couldn't use a gps on bull run

·
Registered
242 Posts
We made a two-week trip with clothes and other supplies and thought we were full while outbound. After we visited several NC wineries, we managed to sneak in 6 bottles of wine and a big bottle of moonshine. ALWAYS find room for the important stuff....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts