Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we brought our solstice home all of a sudden everybody is pulling out there special cars. The neighbor on the right has a black "Prowler" sitting sideways in his driveway nearly everyday now. The neighbor on the left pulls out a black "308 Ferarri" and leaves it in his driveway. The neighbor across the street a "Jaguire Roadster" next to them a "Toyota Spider". I never saw most of these vehicals and I've lived here for eight years.

I guess they couldn't get a Solstice :glol:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Do you live in the O.C.?!
Tell Mischa Barton I said hi.
Whoa. I live in Oakland county in Michigan. Something like, the richest county in the country. And I've seen a couple ferarris, a couple spiders, even a Ford GT on the road. But all on the same block? That'd make me feel nervous!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's an OK neighborhood but our other cars never inspired them like this one.

I know it's new but it has a timeless shape and is an instant classic and style wise will hold its own for may years.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dreamer said:
Do you live in the O.C.?!
Tell Mischa Barton I said hi.
Whoa. I live in Oakland county in Michigan. Something like, the richest county in the country. And I've seen a couple ferarris, a couple spiders, even a Ford GT on the road. But all on the same block? That'd make me feel nervous!
No, just the crazy Silicon Valley. :willy:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Up here in Maine, all the neighbors brought out there stored cars too!

The guy down the hill pushed his 72 Chevy Vega out by the side of the road for all to see.
(the engine siezed up back in 73). Nice faded red paint though!

The Guy across the street showed me his 71 pinto that caught fire in a rear end collision, in 78. Kept behind the Barn since then. the green interior smells sorta like ass.

Another neighbor also had to show me his 78 chevy stepside Pickup, that was burnt to a crisp in a side inpact, back in 1982. The hood ornament still looks O.K. G.M. gas tank explosion problem!

The 74 AMC Gremlin up the way, had the blue tarp taken off after I brought the Sol. home. The Guy had it set up on blocks for almost 20 years, the rust hardly shows, It has a strange copper color paint. I think he is really proud of it.!

The 81 Dodge Omni behind my neighbors field was brought to my attention in a recent conversation about HOT CARS in Maine. The owner still thinks maybe another 40 or 50 years it will be a classic.

All in All in Maine, The Residents here Know that even if a Car is Junk! it cost's less to use them as Lawn Ornaments! It cost's 15 dollars to haul them away, And who knows! maybe they just might be worth $100 some day.

Maine! The way life should be. I can't really afford a classic, So I guess I will just stick with the Solstice. :) :devil:

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MITCH said:

The guy down the hill pushed his 72 Chevy Vega out by the side of the road for all to see.

The Guy across the street showed me his 71 pinto that caught fire in a rear end collision, in 78. Kept behind the Barn since then. the green interior smells sorta like ass.

Another neighbor also had to show me his 78 chevy stepside Pickup, that was burnt to a crisp in a side inpact, back in 1982. The hood ornament still looks O.K. G.M. gas tank explosion problem!

The 74 AMC Gremlin up the way, had the blue tarp taken off after I brought the Sol. home. The Guy had it set up on blocks for almost 20 years, the rust hardly shows, It has a strange copper color paint. I think he is really proud of it.!

The 81 Dodge Omni behind my neighbors field was brought to my attention in a recent conversation about HOT CARS in Maine. The owner still thinks maybe another 40 or 50 years it will be a classic.

All in All in Maine, The Residents here Know that even if a Car is Junk! it cost's less to use them as Lawn Ornaments! It cost's 15 dollars to haul them away, And who knows! maybe they just might be worth $100 some day.

Maine! The way life should be. I can't really afford a classic, So I guess I will just stick with the Solstice. :) :devil:
:glol: Stop it :glol: Your killing me :)

·
5,600 Posts
Man, human nature is weird.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
MITCH said:

And somehow that behavior gets pinned as only being a Southern thing. :mad: Rusted out cars in Maine. Don't think I've seen that postcard. :lol:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I almost forgot about the Luxury Car, owned by one of our more affluent Citizens. This Sports Sedan 2 door Monte Carlo turns alot of heads when riding through East Bumfuk Maine. :cool:
I think it could be the RALLY WHEELS!

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
inov814u said:
Since we brought our solstice home all of a sudden everybody is pulling out there special cars. The neighbor on the right has a black "Prowler" sitting sideways in his driveway nearly everyday now. The neighbor on the left pulls out a black "308 Ferarri" and leaves it in his driveway. The neighbor across the street a "Jaguire Roadster" next to them a "Toyota Spider". I never saw most of these vehicals and I've lived here for eight years.

Sounds like a real compliment to me. Your $20K Solstice has brought out enough Solstice Envy in the neighborhood that they all feel they need to show off their expensive sportscars! :lol:

You have some nice cars in your neighborhood!

·
Registered
766 Posts
inov814u said:

To make it really fair you probably should have at least 2,3 Sols on display since they probably spent 2,3 times what you did. Man I'd love to see the looks on their faces when they find that out. :lol:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A $20,000 Solstice

SabreSol said:
Sounds like a real compliment to me. Your $20K Solstice has brought out enough Solstice Envy in the neighborhood that they all feel they need to show off their expensive sportscars! :lol:
This was the point I was making. :thumbs: Although, I love the response from Maine. Classic! :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts