Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FedEx just delivered the talked about newest gift from the Solstice team for the F1k. A limited (to 1000) edition photo box with suitable for framing photos of our beloved Solstice. I had to open mine, could not resist. I know "new-in-box" it is no longer, but hey, my car is not going in a museum either. PLus the second gift SD alluded to previously a 1 year GM MOtor Club membership plus some special promotional lease and purchase rates for which we need to contact our dealer.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Got my gift today

Just received my gift it is a very nice collection of photos of the Solstice alon with a lease offeer and a one year membership to the GM Motor Club Membership. Then they said to get these offers you must take delivery of you Solstice by DECEMBER 31, 2005. THEN I THOUGH OH MY WHAT DO THEY KNOW I DON'T? ARE THEY SAYING SOME 1K CARS MIGHT NOT GET DELIVERED BY DEC.31!!!

I can see GM reading this and saying HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! Just kidding I know what you ment and thak you very much.

They did say the the Solstices are being delivered in limited quantities right now.

·
5,641 Posts
The two GMAC offers that should be included in the mailing are:

SmartLease: waive Security Deposit and no additional cost.

Traditional Retail Installment Contract: 90 day deferral of first payment with no interest charge for the extra 60 days.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Just got the gift! Gift photo bax will look nice on the coffee table!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Traditional Retail Installment Contract: 90 day deferral of first payment with no interest charge for the extra 60 days.
That's nice :thumbs:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Before I start let me just say - "I'm not bitching I SWEAR!!! (not really...)

I'm just a little annoyed. I got my order number on the apprentice site and placed my order the same time as you 1st 1K'ers - only I'm not IN the 1st 1K. It just kinda sucks that you fellas are receiving all these goodies AND you get your cars first. Here I am waiting LONGER for my car AND I get diddly SQUAT for my patience. :brentil:

I know that was the deal (please don't write to tell me so) and I'm aware they can't provide EVERYONE with gifts - but HECK, it's still frustrating!!!

Ok, I'm done - thank you and good night!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SD_SOL, you bring up a good point. GM should send some goodies to those after first 1000 too.

One hitch might be GM had the names and addresses and e-mail on the first 1000 buyers. Doesn't mean it can't be done but names and address should be in dealer's system too.

·
5,641 Posts
mceb said:
SD_SOL, you bring up a good point. GM should send some goodies to those after first 1000 too.

One hitch might be GM had the names and addresses and e-mail on the first 1000 buyers. Doesn't mean it can't be done but names and address should be in dealer's system too.
They did get hats for not making the 1000.

UPDATE:

Guess I was wrong. Thought there were posts back in June that the EOP wait listed customers received hats. Even did a quick simple search and found a post.

My apologies.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah, I remember hearing that. Unfortunately I also remember not getting one! ;) I did receive the poster, but that was it.
I've often wondered if the dealer ever entered my EOP # from the website. I'm assuming that's how they tracked us. Of course I haven't heard ANYTHING from my dealer since APRIL!! Despite the 10 calls I've made since then - but that another issue...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Solsticestuff.com

general said:
Maybe you should buy yourself some goodies on Solsticestuff for an early Christmas present...
http://www.solsticestuff.com/catalog/

Just wanted to share some of my experiences with this site (perhaps this only applies to Canadian buyers).

I ordered a cap for $18.00. I received an invoice for $41.00. Unfortunately they wanted $33.00 for shipping!?

I then contacted them for an explanation. None given.
I thought it was kind of a ripoff for an item that would fit in an envelope and could be send via mail. :crazy:
I cancelled the order.

I will wait until the dealers have the items and perhaps get one for free when I pick up my car.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My wife just called to tell me my package was delivered this morning. I'm getting concerned about this. She said that the letter says the Solstices are being delivered (I haven't seen the letter yet so I am not quoting GM directly) and to contact our dealer for information. I'm actually afraid of what my dealer will say when I call. When he called on Monday he got no info at all from GM. I had cleaned out my Miata, vacuumed the interior, polished the exterior and did a few minor items so it would be in really good shape for it's next owner. I hate to say it, but I'm considering putting all of my "Stuff" back in my Miata because I'm afraid I'll be driving it for a lot longer than I had hoped. I suppose it's time to get back to the real world and accept the fact that my car isn't going to show up in the near future and plan on having to wait until next spring before I really get a chance to enjoy my new drive.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
SLY2T_OTT said:
Just wanted to share some of my experiences with this site (perhaps this only applies to Canadian buyers).

I ordered a cap for $18.00. I received an invoice for $41.00. Unfortunately they wanted $33.00 for shipping!?
Not meaning to nitpick, but that would be $23.00 for shipping - still too damn much!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
Not meaning to nitpick, but that would $23.00 for shipping - still too damn much!!

Thanks for the correction :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
swiss said:
My gift (photobox) box was red, did they send these in the colors of your car or are they all red?

Steve
Can we presume yours IS red?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nope .. my box was red, but I'm a Sly.

Curious how good the lease offer will be. Since a lease is based on depreciation, I wonder if since the car may APPRECIATE if they will PAY US to lease it?

Anyone know how the option to buy at the end of the lease works?

·
Registered
137 Posts
SD SOL said:
Before I start let me just say - "I'm not bitching I SWEAR!!! (not really...)

I'm just a little annoyed. I got my order number on the apprentice site and placed my order the same time as you 1st 1K'ers - only I'm not IN the 1st 1K. It just kinda sucks that you fellas are receiving all these goodies AND you get your cars first. Here I am waiting LONGER for my car AND I get diddly SQUAT for my patience. :brentil:

I know that was the deal (please don't write to tell me so) and I'm aware they can't provide EVERYONE with gifts - but HECK, it's still frustrating!!!

:agree:

Small Dealer said:
They did get hats for not making the 1000.

NOT :brentil:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts