Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made the plunge today and ordered my Solstice (Newark,DE). Well not really ordered as I'm "on the list". I called a few dealers around and asked if I put my deposit down now when will I get a car. About this time next year was the replies. When I went into the dealer he then said well maybe Feb or MArch. The thing is I have a lease car at the moment and I'm trying to judge the mileage use until I get the Solstice. The dealers list showed about 8 cars on order and another 6 waiting to be ordered.

Any educated guesses out there may help.

Thanks..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the club. I put a deposit down last week and the estimate was early next year. Anything close to that will work for me. I'm in no great rush. Still working to build my GM card earnings towards the Solstice. I had to wait for a Miata, for an MR2 Spyder, and now for the Solstice. Why do you think I feel like the Cooler King? ;)

I think the Solstice will be more than worth the wait. One sweet looking machine. :cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
All I can say is to call around to even more dealers up to 100 or more miles away. But you better do it before the October magazines hit the shelves. Once they hit and more people see the Solstice there will be a lot more people clamoring to get on the list.

Your best bet is to find a dealer that had a lot of cars in their first four months allocations. They will be the ones that are likely to get another large batch in their second allocation. The dealer you talked to with eight first four months is probably your best bet if he only has six on his waiting list now.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

normangt said:
Well I made the plunge today and ordered my Solstice (Newark,DE). Well not really ordered as I'm "on the list". I called a few dealers around and asked if I put my deposit down now when will I get a car. About this time next year was the replies. When I went into the dealer he then said well maybe Feb or MArch. The thing is I have a lease car at the moment and I'm trying to judge the mileage use until I get the Solstice. The dealers list showed about 8 cars on order and another 6 waiting to be ordered. Any educated guesses out there may help. Thanks..
I would call dealers within a 500 mile radius. Even if you buy the car 500 miles away, it can still be shipped to your local dealer. 1st allocation orders will probably start production next week! :yesnod:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts