Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my new paint. Finally decided on John Cooper Mini Spice Orange, Carbon Fiber Racing Stripes and some minor body work.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
very nice

:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Looks great!

(And for a minute there I thought Rob went "split personality" on us!)

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Love the color! Great job.

Question: Is that a modified factory hood? Or one of Norm's?

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts

Here you go

Quote:I would like to show you the new hood they just completed for my solstice. It should complement my DDMWorks Stage 2 supercharger well as I now have fresh, cool air hitting directly on my air filter. It is already keeping my engine temperature down 10 degrees. I hope you like it. I know I do.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/my-new-custom-hood-51829/

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts

I second the question. She looks awesome!! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
Looks great!

(And for a minute there I thought Rob went "split personality" on us!)
You and me both!

But no flames. :devil:

And it looks more orange than Punisher red.

It would be fun to see the two side by side. Would make an interesting picture for sure.

I love the surface of a custom paint job. It just glows in all light.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone,
From what I understand, this is a pearlized metallic paint and I like the way it changes color as you walk around it. The 3-D carbon fiber does the same showing from a silver to a dark carbon.

Here is a better picture of the hood scoop from the inside of the hood. It is also cleaned up a bit from the previous version.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Here you go

Quote:I would like to show you the new hood they just completed for my solstice. It should complement my DDMWorks Stage 2 supercharger well as I now have fresh, cool air hitting directly on my air filter. It is already keeping my engine temperature down 10 degrees. I hope you like it. I know I do.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/my-new-custom-hood-51829/
That's right! I thought I had seen it before. I liked it when I saw this post. I think what I am getting from Norm is pretty close to it. I think it is 1.5 to 2 inches in height and goes all the way back to the windshield. Oh to live in New Mexico. Where I am we are getting more snow tomorrow!!!!!!:willy:

·
Registered
120 Posts
WOW!!! is all i can say!!!

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
just like Robs without the flames and hundred skulls. I especially like that hood. I have been looking for a scoop and now I have found one.

Very cool.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Okay, when I first hit the thread I thought "Oh, what does RTE think we are, stupid? Pretends to be someone else, photoshops a few pics, all just so he can try to win Ride of the Month? lol

·
Registered
715 Posts
Very nice and I like how you molded the side skirts into the body. I'd love to do that. What did that set you back?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very nice and I like how you molded the side skirts into the body. I'd love to do that. What did that set you back?
cdflint,

Good eye. That was one of the cool things my body shop guys did this time; integrate Norms side skirts into the body, still make the front fenders removable, and get rid of the last arrowhead bump on the glove box lid.

The total job was which included the above, getting rid of several parking lot cart dings, 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint, 2 coats of clear, and all new fasteners and hood liner was about $6,000. I think I got a great deal especially since they stripped the car completely and painted part per part.

John G, aka,
Rx4theSol

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You and me both!

But no flames. :devil:

And it looks more orange than Punisher red.

It would be fun to see the two side by side. Would make an interesting picture for sure.

I love the surface of a custom paint job. It just glows in all light.
Rob,
It would be an honor Sir.

John G

1 - 20 of 23 Posts