Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that production is SLY currently, who would like to take a guess on the next color? Secondly the run date?

My vote is cool starting mid week August 22nd.

For all of us Aggressive owners talking with my paint guys they say that red is one of the harder colors and they may wait towards the end. :(

Steve

·
Registered
819 Posts
swiss said:
Seems that production is SLY currently, who would like to take a guess on the next color? Secondly the run date?

For all of us Aggressive owners talking with my paint guys they say that red is one of the harder colors and they may wait towards the end. :(

Steve
Mine is also agressive, and I will be glad to have it be last if that means they have the other items worked out. Practice makes perfect, and that's how I would like to have mine delivered. Perfect!! :cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Cool. Leather. NJ. Next week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pure Anyone?

I would think Pure (white) would be the next color. White is one of the easier colors to shoot, especially when compared to metallic. My order is Pure and I still don't have a VIN assigned to my 1st 1K order.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered deep but i'll take primer at this point. Nice to see that deep is coming out so soon.

·
Registered
192 Posts
SOL id said:
I ordered deep but i'll take primer at this point. Nice to see that deep is coming out so soon.

LOL!!! primer!
:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Primer makes me think about all the guys who think they know what they are doing and primer a car and then drive it around for aweek or two while they save up the scratch for the topcoat. Primer is extremely soft and absorbant and will not only scratch but suck in dirt AND moisture. It's okay to run around with primer as long as you sand it down, reprimer and then top it off. Primer "fixes" in ;ess than an hour or so depending on conditions and modern no-sand primers are best painted the same day.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
Almost done with black?
We can ONLY hope, Grad, 'cause it means our rides are that much :thumbs: closer!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Car started 8/10

Our printout said that our production date is 8/10. I asked cadillaccricket what this meant and he said that they start pulling the parts for that car on 8/10. Probably a week or two for it to start assembly line. It is Aggresive so all you red owners out there take heart. Tentative delivery date on order is 9/9. Don't really care what VIN it is as long as it gets here soon! Thanks cadillaccricket for requested info. My wife will be on a road trip for company until 9/17 so maybe it will be in the driveway for her when she returns. And when I get it, it better not have 40 miles on the od.! But it would have a few on it by the time she gets to drive it :cool: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
369 Posts
How about PURE!!!!! :willy:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
How about Cool on thursday?
So are they strictly doing individual colors now? No more mixing it up like they did with the first three colors? Any more guesses on when the rest of the colors may show up or the order they will be added? Obviously, just ignore me if I'm getting a bit too "personal". :D

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
MY guess is as follows:
Sly, Cool, Pure and then finally Aggressive.
Hoping I get the last one made.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
1 n 1K said:
GMLINEDOG HOW MUTCH TIME TO GO FROM PLANT TO CALIF ?
Since he doesn't transport the vehicles he might not know. Asking your dealer the averagr transit time for cars to your area would be the best bet. Or find SD's delivery thread.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wheres my Sly?

swiss said:

Steve
Just got back from my dealership - he has 3 first 1000 cars and he gave me the updates:

Sly (mine) #3000
Cool (????) #3400
Aggressive (????) #3400

Okay - how did Cool pass me up? :willy: :willy:

Help me Cricket - last week I was slated for production :( or did he (my dealership) not look them up right?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts