Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What d' y'all think? Will it be possible to fit a hockey bag and all of it's contents into the trunk of a Solstice...with the top DOWN?

Skates, shorts, pants, shin pads, shoulder pads, elbow pads, jersey, socks, helmet, and of course the bag. Not necessarily with any/all of the contents IN the bag. Not goalie gear obviously. And not the stick, either.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
You'll prolly have to haul your bag to the dealer - in, oh, about winter of 2008 - and ask them if you can put your hockey bag in the trunk ;)

Or you can buy one and try it, if it doesn't fit, sell it to one of the forum members for normal off-the-lot depreciation... I'd buy a once-used-trunk Solstice for about $17,775 from you ddecart, just to take it off your hands - you wouldn't lose much...

Or you can beg to try your bag out in one of the new Solstices that some of the 1st 1000 owners get...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
No

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same issue only worse... I'm a goalie!!! From the pictures I could probably get my helmet bag and jock to fit in the trunk with the top down. Yeah... probably not. :skep:

Maybe I could fit a non-descript trailer hitch and get one of those small flat bed trailers. Painted to match! :lol:

Fortunately, the Solstice is going to be our weekend/evening fun car, and I can haul my gear in our Sporttrac. Although weekend getaways are going to tough too. You might be able to fit a couple of weekend bags in the trunk, but the way my wife packs, we won't be taking any extended trips in the Solstice.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Hockey bags are kind of big, I'm guessing no.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I would recommend looking into the capacity of the available add-on luggage rack and just plan on strapping your hockey bag to it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
ddecart said:
What d' y'all think? Will it be possible to fit a hockey bag and all of it's contents into the trunk of a Solstice...with the top DOWN?
Hell no :)

However, you could put it in the passenger seat. Althought you probably wouldn't want to do that with the top up, as the stench would most likely kill you.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Hockey? What is this strange thing you call hockey? :lol:

I doubt it will fit. Were talking 1.8 cubic feet of space with the top down. 1.8 cubic feet would make one VERY small hockey bag.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Hockey? What is this strange thing you call hockey? :lol:

I doubt it will fit. Were talking 1.8 cubic feet of space with the top down. 1.8 cubic feet would make one VERY small hockey bag.
It's a game played with sticks where Canadians beat Americans. :lol:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SlipSlider said:
It's a game played with sticks where Canadians beat Americans. :lol:
Baseball is played with sticks, but its been a while since the Jays have won a championship, and the Expos were just lost to DC. So you must not be talking about baseball. :confused:

Curling? Broomsticks maybe, but I don't think many Americans play. :confused:

Football? Nope, no sticks. :confused:

OH, you must mean lacrosse? I didn't know the Canadians were good at it! :glol:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Unless you use a really short hockey stick, it might not fit either.

Since we also have a goalie in this discussion, I typed this message slowly :lol: (I was a goalie for 15 years ;) ).

For our american friends....
A goalie's job is to receive a hard piece of rubber travelling at close to 100 mph. If, by some chance, the goalie misses being hit by this object, some idiot behind him turns on a red light (and sometimes a siren depending of the place) and lets everyone know that this goalie just made a mistake. It's probably the worst position in all team sports....man do I ever miss it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Luc said:

Since we also have a goalie in this discussion, I typed this message slowly :lol: (I was a goalie for 15 years ;) ).

A goalie's job is to receive a hard piece of rubber travelling at close to 100 mph. If, by some chance, the goalie misses being hit by this object, some idiot behind him turns on a red light (and sometimes a siren depending of the place) and lets everyone know that this goalie just made a mistake. It's probably the worst position in all team sports....man do I ever miss it.
:glol: We one-up the siren. When a goalie screws up in Buffalo, we blow a fog horn! :lol: We don't want anyone to miss what happened! ;) :lol:

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Another former goalie (albeit soccer)

Luc said:

Your description is priceless! It must be the goalie's fault that the other team scored. It certainly couldn't be the defensemen (or in soccer, the fullbacks) who just let the opponents march right in for a clear shot!!

I miss the goal as well, but my wife convinced me that being able to walk upright was more important than continuing to keep goal. Oh, well... :cryin:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Chemist said:
I miss the goal as well, but my wife convinced me that being able to walk upright was more important than continuing to keep goal. Oh, well... :cryin:
Absolutely. Your body (especially your knees) take a pounding. I had to make a similar choice.

I wrote an essay in university about being a goalie. I wished I had kept it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
:lol:

There is truly nothing that brightens my day more than a good canadian joke.

;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Luc said:

:glol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
solsticeman said:
Or you can beg to try your bag out in one of the new Solstices that some of the 1st 1000 owners get...
Naw...I'll just see if I can bring one home and try it out.

No wait...I already did that. :yesnod:

btw...hockey gear + top down = :thumbs:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Trunk Rack

I love that look goalies had on their face when they knew they heard something go by them! Seriousy if there is in fact a luggage rack is'nt it going to go right over the XM receiver? Gonna mke reception kinda sketchy the one time i need it travelling through no where with no radio! I will probably get a flat and wish I had On Star as well.. I am hoping mine comes with a tent a sleeping bag maybe a flare gun! Desert, flat tire, hot summer = bad! Hoping I get a cell signal!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts