Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I thought I'd give everyone's suggestion a try and take this week while I'm off and try to find another dealer that might have a Solstice that has been cancelled. I have even given in to the fact that I would settle for my second choice in color of Mysterious. Well imagine my joy when I called a dealer and he had a Mysterious that was due any day now and was not sold. :) That quickly faded when I asked his price, and he said $4000 over list. I told him no thanks. :(

Called a couple of more dealers, and another Mysterious just came in yesterday unsold. Guy on the phone said he had to check a couple of people on his list first, but would put my name down and call me if the others didn't want black. When I asked him price, he said MSRP. He called back this morning and said the others didn't want Mysterious. Again, imagine my joy at thinking I was about to finally own one. :) Well his next words quickly killed that. His tune changed from yesterday, and now needs $3000 over list. Again I said no thanks. :(

Will this madness never end!!! :willy:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Consider Deep...

You could have it in no time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wannasolstice2 said:
You could have it in no time.
I guess I'm just not much of a Blue guy (although that fits my mood pretty well right now). :) You did get my hopes up though when you first thought it was Mysterious. I'm pretty picky about the options as well although I did consider upgrading for the two I called about as they were fully loaded. That was just one more reason not to pay more than list as I was already willing to pay more than I originally ordered.

Thanks again for the thought!! :)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Firebird99, you have our sympathies for this agonizing adventure. :grouphug:

It won't do any good, but next time say: I'd like to buy that Solstice but I want a $3000 discount. The dealer says: Oh, no, we want a $3000 premium. So you say: OK, let's split the difference and I'll git on down the road with the car and you git on over to the bank with the money!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gizmo2004 said:
Firebird99, you have our sympathies for this agonizing adventure. :grouphug:

It won't do any good, but next time say: I'd like to buy that Solstice but I want a $3000 discount. The dealer says: Oh, no, we want a $3000 premium. So you say: OK, let's split the difference and I'll git on down the road with the car and you git on over to the bank with the money!

Thanks Giz. I still have a couple of sales days left in this week, so I guess I'll just keep trying. Maybe there are still some dealers out there that have Pontiac's long term goals in mind. (OMG I can't believe I just said that) :lol:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Firebird99 said:
Maybe there are still some dealers out there that have Pontiac's long term goals in mind.
Yeah, the skunks at Champion Pontiac of North Houston, owned by AutoNation, charged me a $3000 premium. Then they relented a little and tossed in a 60 month 75000 mile Value Guard from GM, worth about a $1000. So they got an extra $2000 profit.

Meanwhile I've sent ten people to look at the Solstice because they were so interested in it. Three have placed their order, and two more are about to. That's 5 times $1700, about $8500 MORE profit.

Oh, almost forgot to mention, I sent them to Beck & Masten, not Champion! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts