Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's beautiful. I've been looking for something like that. I wish the instructions were a little more extensive for me to try it, but beautiful none the less. Great job.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Yeah the new AVIC Z110BT looks very interesting:

Anyone want to buy a very good working AVIC D3 for cheap?!? Heck I'll even intsall it if you are close by.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey.. Since you are in NJ also.. want to do my system? :)
I will drop the car off and you do what you gotta do!

Jim

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I want to install my avic z110bt that was originally in my Tundra. I sold the Tundra without the avic and installed it in my new HHR after getting the Lan 3 and metra kit from Crutchfield. I could not get the xm or for that matter am or fm to work. Called Metra and got 4 different versions on which wires to use, all incorrect info. Removed the avic and reinstalled the factory radio.
I want to install this avic into my Solstice Coupe. Do I need a Lan 4 or will the Lan 3 work. The coupe is a gxp with onstar. I truely believe that Metra's techs dont know their asses from their elbows and are total smucks!!
The question is, can I use the original xm antenna on the coupe? Can I use the GM xm receiver or do I need the pioneer xm receiver? i have the chrysler antenna adaptor already for the gm antenna lead. I guess what I am trying to say here is.....can I use the avic z110bt in the coupe, without loosing my marbles trying to install it.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I want to install this avic into my Solstice Coupe. Do I need a Lan 4 or will the Lan 3 work. The coupe is a gxp with onstar.
GMOS-LAN-03 or GMOS-LAN-04 depends on on Monsoon (4) or no monsoon (3). Does your coupe have the monsoon upgrade? Do you plan to keep it? Are you going to install an aftermarket amplifer? Both the 3 and 4 will keep the onstar working.

The question is, can I use the original xm antenna on the coupe? Can I use the GM xm receiver or do I need the pioneer xm receiver?
You need to use the pioneer xm receiver. You may still be able to use the GM antennae, but the connector will most likely need to be altered. As an alternative you can hide the pioneer xm antennae in the waterfall like I did to keep it hidden and just leave the rear antennae where it is without problems. FYI the XM interface is much better than the sirius interface, if you have the option go with XM.

i have the chrysler antenna adapter already for the gm antenna lead. I guess what I am trying to say here is.....can I use the avic z110bt in the coupe, without loosing my marbles trying to install it.
Should be straight forward. There are a bunch of wires in there that need to be addressed so it can get confusing after a while. Be patient and check your connections carefully.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I have to check to see if the radio does have the upgrade, not sure at the moment. I assume that would be on the window sticker label. I am using xm and do have the pioneer xm receiver. For some reason, this radio would not work in the HHR which didnt have a Pioneer from the factory, though it is an option for the HHR. As far as wiring goes, I have installed quite a few of these nav units in my cars in past years and all worked correctly. If I do have a Monsoon radio, then I will have to exchange the 3 for a 4 which Crutchfield said would be no problem doing. Reading previous posts on this thread, I do know I wired up the illumination wire wrong. But I was following instructions from one of Metro's techs, which is just one more thing they were wrong about.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I must place a link for everyone here.

Instead of purchasing a separate Control Units for each stereo/installed feature in our vehicles (steering wheel control, Chimes/blinker Unit, and Sat/Onstar)

Check out Metra Cmos-100 unit instead

Metra Electronics - Dealer Parts Warehouse

Whether the vehicle is amplified or non-amplified, equipped with satellite radio, Onstar, Bluetooth, or steering wheel controls, the GMOS-100 can retain it. All the warning chimes and convenience features are retained that are normally lost when the OEM radio is removed.

So regardless of the extra features, the configuration you have, or what you want to install, this all in one unit can serve all your needs. Plus this unit cost only $150-175.. So you will save money compared to purchasing the 3 separate units which cost around $50-100 each! Plus since it's a single control box, it is much easier and less confusing to install since you don't have to find a place to hide and wire 2 or 3 separate control boxes in our limited space.

Also for those who use Nav/VSS systems and find it a nightmare/inconvenient to install...
The GMOS-100 also provides a 12 volt 10 amp accessory output and outputs to help install a navigation radio which include VSS, Parking Brake, and Reverse.

P.S. From the wording in the Manual, it may seem like you still need to purchase a wiring harness specific to your vehicle, however, they are all included in the set.

Also here is a website with the best price of $150 and free shipping :)
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24924_Axxess+GMOS-100.html

·
Registered
3,246 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
You can find that for most decks and probably the 6990 at Kenwoodforums.com

Edit: Check this thread... KenwoodForums.com • View topic - HOW TO: DNX9990HD Splash Screen Proceeder

You can find a couple images for the Solstice a few posts down on this page.

KenwoodForums.com • View topic - DNX9960 Startup Screen Image Uploads (.BMP ONLY)
Thanks Sly Bob,
Nice images that your son did. My issue is that I cannot access teh OEM Image directory. It shows me an OEM Setup tab, but it's greyed out (not active). I did post on Kenwood forum, so am hoping for an answer there.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts