Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After gradually reaching my threshold for crap and abuse on the other forum, I have stopped going there at all. But I still feel like there needs to be a place where Sky owners can go to share information and ask questions. So I decided as an experiment to start the Sky Thread where Sky owners can come to share information and get answers to their questions. Without being hammered by the denizens of that other forum that are seemingly given free reign over there.

If you have something you want to share about your Sky, or questions that may be unique to the Sky, give it a try here. You never know, if there is enough interest the management might start an official Sky location here
. :grouphug:

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
I have long thought that there should only be one Kappa forum. They are the same damn car, aside from minor differences, so why split interest, which seems to be waning anyway based on post volume, between two fora?

This isn't the old days when the same car in with different labels on the nose might have actually had different engines (e.g. Firebored/Camaro). Everything that matters is identical - and the rest is just window dressing.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks for the invite but

Pretty much every car topic has been hashed and rehashed over at the Skyroadster Forum during the past ten years . . . same as here. And there is already a direct link to this site on it's Main Page.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
That site is useless and needs to be shutdown.

·
Super Moderator
16,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My objective is not to debate the state of any forum but to provide a user friendly place where Sky owners can come and share questions or information.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have long thought that there should only be one Kappa forum. They are the same damn car, aside from minor differences, so why split interest, which seems to be waning anyway based on post volume, between two fora?

This isn't the old days when the same car in with different labels on the nose might have actually had different engines (e.g. Firebored/Camaro). Everything that matters is identical - and the rest is just window dressing.
There really is only ONE forum for Sky/ Solstice owners, but it's neither the Sky or Solstice forum boards. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
My objective is not to debate the state of any forum but to provide a user friendly place where Sky owners can come and share questions or information.
If it makes any difference, I'm here and I have learned so much from both forums.

Terry
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
There does seem to be a level of "nasty" on the Sky forum but as has been said - try to ignore it. Not everyone is that way. Here we only have fun loving sarcasm followed by LOL AND of course, lots of (much appreciated) support for the newer people who are now finding these wonderful cars. Rob, noticed the comments on the Sky forum aimed at you - "ouch" - I'm sure that it is all in good fun. I like the feeling of being welcome here as well as the continuing support.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Rob, noticed the comments on the Sky forum aimed at you - "ouch" - I'm sure that it is all in good fun. I like the feeling of being welcome here as well as the continuing support.
This particular forum member has a long standing practice of being as insulting and abusive as he can. This is most definitely NOT "All in good fun." He is a Cyber Bully and for reasons that I cannot understand, the moderators have chosen to let him be as abusive as he wants because "Sometimes he helps people out".

Very difficult to deal with as a regular member!

Yogi

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
:thumbs::thumbs: :agree::agree: Went over there and took a peek. Loved your final post with the clip from YouTube of Bruno Ganz in "Downfall".

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Thanks Rob for starting this thread for us Sky owners. As a Kappa owner of one each Solstice & Sky I appreciate the effort to keep the discussions civil and informative over here. And helps me from having to check the other site as often. I don't seem to frequent there nearly as often as I visit this site.
Thanks again! Much appreciated.

Steve & Dar

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Are you bringing the Sky to the Nationals?
Yes, we're helping as middle & sweep on a few of the runs.:thumbs: Looking forward to having fun with all our Kappa friends!:grouphug:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Agree with you Rob. Though I own a GXP, I love when sky owners come here and discuss their mods or ask questions as newbies or not. Way more info here and much more civilized. I have trouble keeping my new unread posts below 100 here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can I post here even if I don't own a sky. Missed the thread that broke your back. He actually just payed me a compliment over there, for find a 1 off build GM did of the sky. He could not find it on the Web

·
Registered
9 Posts
He posted it on their Facebook page about 8 hours ago

"We have a new test car here at DDMWorks, she is a 2007 Sky 2.0L with our 2871 turbo upgrade, intercooler, backbone and probeam already installed. Quite a bit of fun how she sits now, but we will be using it to help with the development of more 2.0L turbo products."

https://www.facebook.com/ddmworks?fref=nf

hooray for more years of DDMWorks, and all I have is the Pro-Beam....I better hurry up!

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
I guess being an old JarHead, Mike does not bother me. He actually has been very helpful over the past year. I try to stir him up occasionally though. And I will say that Davhamm has the magic touch in lighting old Mikes fire!

I have gathered a lot of information from this site and agree it is far more active.

It appears someone had an anniversary RTE. My 47th is in December. Lucky they put up with us that long for sure, well at least on my part.
Congratulations, most anymore don't get thru the first seven it seems.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts