Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Would you join a Solstice club?

  • Hell yeah! I'm there!

    Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Maybe, I'll have to see what it's about.

    Votes: 16 41.0%
  • No freekin' way! I hate that crap!

    Votes: 1 2.6%

  • Total voters
    39
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
solsticegirl said:
Jeeeze the must have nothing else to do with their lives. I could do one maybe two events a year. Unless my commute to work qualified as an event. :D
having many types of events often ensures that all or most members would be able to attend some functions that fit within their schedules and tastes.

and, to me at least, attending social functions to meet friends and new people who share a common interest qualifies as having a life. :smile
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
solsticegirl said:
Jeeeze the must have nothing else to do with their lives. I could do one maybe two events a year. Unless my commute to work qualified as an event. :D
Awe, don't be so rough on auto enthusiats who join and participate in auto related clubs. Thats not fair at all to tons of people who enjoy their car and enjoy gathering with other auto enthusiats for whatever reason they are gathering.

You don't have to do something with a club on a 24/7 basis to be a member. A club is there to have social events, technical help, parts sources (more important for older vehicles) a general support network for repairs, advice, etc. Attending an event is no different than going to a club to hang out with other clubgoers (aside from the bumping and grinding) or any other activity that people do to socialize with others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Hey don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to have that much time on my hands. I'd be all about driving around and meeting fun people. I work full time AND am in school full time, so the only time I will be able to participate in all those events will be in my dreams.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
554 Posts
School won't last foever will it???? :party
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
554 Posts
Fformula88 said:
School should last forever! :jester
It would be a much simpler life for some, but for me paying to go to school vs me getting paid to work so I can buy a Solstice. That rings my bell:cheers
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
nighttripper said:
It would be a much simpler life for some, but for me paying to go to school vs me getting paid to work so I can buy a Solstice. That rings my bell:cheers
Its a tough call! On the one hand, I would likely never have been able to buy the Solstice when I was in college (although I did manage to buy a 97 Ford Probe... which was a mistake too!) but on the other hand, I wouldn't be aggravated by some of the idiots I work with! :thumbs Maybe I could wait for a used Solstice and do school! Best of both worlds! :jester
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Being in school I have plently of money for a solstice but no time to drive it. Being out of school I will have plenty of time to drive, but will have to pay a whole car payment's worth back each month for my student loan!

School ends, but student loans last forever...especially from grad school.

I'll just have to use my MBA to negotiate a salary that covers the solstice AND my student loan. ;) Then I will have plenty of time to enjoy driving it. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
nighttripper said:
It would be a much simpler life for some, but for me paying to go to school vs me getting paid to work so I can buy a Solstice. That rings my bell:cheers
Do what I did, I got a job at my school after I graduated. :) :thumbs

Good pay, good benefits, regular hours, lots of hot women around. Its a rough life. :p

Too bad the school is in Michigan and not Florida or Cali. :banghead
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
piippor said:
Do what I did, I got a job at my school after I graduated. :) :thumbs

Good pay, good benefits, regular hours, lots of hot women around. Its a rough life. :p

Too bad the school is in Michigan and not Florida or Cali. :banghead
Yeah University of Central Florida was rated #2 by Playboy as being the university with the most hot women. UCLA was #1 as usual. And damn, I have to agree.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
554 Posts
solsticegirl said:
Being in school I have plently of money for a solstice but no time to drive it. Being out of school I will have plenty of time to drive, but will have to pay a whole car payment's worth back each month for my student loan!

School ends, but student loans last forever...especially from grad school.

I'll just have to use my MBA to negotiate a salary that covers the solstice AND my student loan. ;) Then I will have plenty of time to enjoy driving it. :cheers
Student loans are a bummer, they were for me a long time ago. Know I have two children in university and I'm trying to keep them from the student loan pit. Fortunately they got good paying jobs the last three years and they have not had to apply. :smile But for my part in the deal it is costly, but will be worth it .I just have to save harder and :party less for one more year for my daughter and maybe forever for my son. :cheers
 
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Top