Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Solstice Coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lucked into getting this car after the owner of my company found it randomly through a friend. I know very little about the car outside of the facts (2009 - 2.4l - Auto - Wicked - 170k miles with replacement engine from a company on the east coast that did LS swaps). I absolutely love this car.

I'm wondering a few things about it though. Like how much is it actually worth? Is there any way to make it faster? Should I invest any money in it? ETC...

Looking forward to your replies!
tempImageQq0XVt.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
we keep a list of coupes & owners here -> The Coupe Registry

what are the last 6 digits of your VIN ?

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
A turbo or supercharger will add horse power if you want to spend that kind of money.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had a 2.4 wicked red coupe. Funny thing, while I had my coupe, the only other one I saw “in the wild,” next to me at a light was another wicked red.

I was aware of 3 2.4 coupes within driving distance of me that sold last year in the $16k to $19k range, all with very low miles. Two of the three had the soft top included. I would think one with that kind of mileage, swapped out engine notwithstanding, would sell for well south of that range.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats on having higher coupe mileage than me, you’re the only one I’ve heard of. I plan to keep mine forever, so I did ddm backbone kit, bc coil overs, solo exhaust, cai, new sound system and a tune. if I were you I wouldn’t do any mods for a year or two, see what you want most and see if any unexpected costs (water pump) come up.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Welcome! Solsearching has the right idea. Drive the car for awhile before spending a lot of money on mods. I loved mine from day one and intend to keep it but many do not.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
"Invest" and "modify" do not go together. Any money you put into the car in terms of modifications - tunes, supercharger, whatever, is thrown away and you should just do it to please yourself and your driving pleasure.

A high mileage automatic NA coupe is the least expensive way of getting into the 'coupe club'. Either just drive it and enjoy it, or put some money in and be prepared to kiss it goodbye and enjoy whatever improvements it makes (they are limited on an NA, if you do some research).

Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
..and mine is a 2.4 automatic too, but only 3438 miles....

but i have added a Magnaflow dual exhaust, ambient air temp and oil pressure gauges in a pillar pod, and a new head unit with backup camera; all original parts have been saved and can be reinstalled if necessary....

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Congratulations: I keep the coupe registry on this forum and would like to know the last six digits of your vin number, your location and current mileage. Enjoy your car and have fun with your mods. Have many miles of smiles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good find, was the engine swapped with another 2.4 an LS I'm confused? When a coupe is listed for sale I'm always tempted to buy it so I keep an eye out for them on craigslist and FB marketplace. This spring a 2.4 coupe with mileage similar to yours, but white, sold just up the street from me for $10k he was asking $13k originally. There was also a red 2.4 with higher mileage somewhere else in town advertised for $13k that was at $15k, but I don't recall the mileage.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
As the owner of a modified 2.4 I'm with Bill on this one drive the car for awhile take car of any maintenance ,interior ,exterior issues and enjoy it . The only real performance gains you will see with a 2.4 don't come cheap yor looking at a starting point of $3500.00 for a turbo kit then exhaust ,suspension etc. As with anything it all depends on how fast you want to go and how much money you are willing to spend

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I would "invest" first in better tires, brakes and stiffer suspension. These are not drag racers unless you do a V8 swap, but are great fun on the twisties. Next, you can think about more power. I made the choice to add the DDM supercharger to both my 2.4L coupes, others have opted for a turbo. Another option is to keep looking for a GXP version and trade. SC has torque advantages at low end, which is more satisfying to me than top end power that involves higher speeds and more risk.
The old MG slogan was "Safety Fast" and I put Safety first, hence the emphasis on tires, brakes and suspension.
JMHO.

·
Registered
2009 Solstice Coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we keep a list of coupes & owners here -> The Coupe Registry

what are the last 6 digits of your VIN ?
Congratulations: I keep the coupe registry on this forum and would like to know the last six digits of your vin number, your location and current mileage. Enjoy your car and have fun with your mods. Have many miles of smiles.
001111, Indianapolis, and 171,245

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
001111, Indianapolis, and 171,245
I had your car on the registry from the original owner. I didn't and still don't have a location for your car. I did change the post to your name and miles. Where are you located? You've had many miles of smiles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts