Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The solstices, Lori Queen,Doug Parks in Oregon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello every one at Solstice Forum. I have been reading all of your information since day one. Great job by every one. I just joined because I had to represent Oregon and I felt this was a great forum. I've laughed and learned quite a bit and only cryed once - at the discussion of a spoiler for the Solstice. Thanks for having me. Now the news. Today at work I noticed that there was a post about arriving in Portland,Oregon. I then saw the photos of the Solstice and the back drop looked familiar. I soon found that not only were there meetings about the Solstice but the cars in the photo were actually here in Oregon!! I located the hotel and it was six minutes from work. At 3:35 West Coast time I not only was looking at 7 to 9 cars but I was shaking Vehicle Line Executive Lori Queens hand and talking Solstice with Chief Engineer Douglas Parks. I identified myself as a first 1000 member (time stamp of 2:37:07). All were very gracious and I met several of the Solstice Team of engineers. I was also told by Lori Queen to watch for a big announcement tomorrow Tuesday. The cars are here for a press junket and they will be here all week. No digital camera at work but I'm going back tomorrow. Again Lori and Douglas were awesome. Any questions fire away.

·
Registered
753 Posts
the solstice has this effect on people. i've never been to an auto show defore but went to se the solstice in philadelphia. then took a day to travel ( about an hour and a half) to a dealer in new jersey so i could hopefully sit in one and maybe record the sound of the motor. did both- my wife thinks i'm nuts and i guess i am. did you blow off a meeting at work to meet Lori Queen?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks a lot Oregon for your post. I really got excited. Can't wait until tomorrow for the announcement and hopefull some of your pictures. :thumbs:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little more info

While I was talking to Lori Queen I asked her about the leather not being available for some of the first cars and she stated that there was no leather shortage and they will arrive as ordered. I also asked her if they had started building the cars yet and she said they had. I asked about the pictures of the cars at the plant if they were all practice cars and she stated that some were production cars.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK even more info

Believe it or not they even let me sit in one. The Third cup holder is on the right side of the console. The top was tight and they had most of the colors there. The exception was the mysterios and the white. I ordered Black and Douglas Parks said it was a great color and that as the sun sets it looks incredible. Any one that ordered aggressive let me tell you it is beautiful in person. And last but not least both Lori Queen and Douglas Parks wanted me to let you know that they and the entire Solstice team most definitely do monitor the Solstice Forum and even asked if I was going to post this evening. Of course I had to join today!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
ParTee said:
Thanks a lot Oregon for your post. I really got excited. Can't wait until tomorrow for the announcement and hopefull some of your pictures. :thumbs:
Hey ParTee, if you know of any Solstice events/promos in your neck of the woods give me a shout. I work up the road from you in Thornwood/Pleasantville. I'd love to actually see a real Solstice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Let the party begin :party:, I smell those Solsti coming. Thanks for the info and if you happen to see Lori Queen and Douglas Parks again, tell them I'm waiting for the version with a bump in HP in some new/additional exterior colors.

Welcome aboard!!

Allanon

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Dude, you rock! I can't believe they were that cool to you after crashing their party.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All were extremely nice

Actually it was pretty awesome. I really thought that I was mistaken and that they could'nt really be in Oregon. When I turned into the parking lot of the hotel it was amazing. They are having big dinners the next three nights and every day starting tomorrow a different group of writers will get to drive the cars. The weather is awesome considering Oregon. It was 92 today but the rest of the week it will be in the low 80s. Thank goodness no rain!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
stang said:
...hmmm, does AirTran fly to Portland? :D
Oh geeezzz, hundreds of Solstice buyers overrun the hotel...news at 11. Maybe there's a reason they had it out in Oregon ;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
oregon solstice said:
And last but not least both Lori Queen and Douglas Parks wanted me to let you know that they and the entire Solstice team most definitely do monitor the Solstice Forum and even asked if I was going to post this evening. Of course I had to join today!
I knew it! I wonder if they take anything we say into consideration? I bet they are really happy that this forum is so large and that for the most part we're all so positive about what they have accomplished.

I think it would be a nice gesture from them if they posted on here. We would all be glad to read something from them.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Call me paranoid but I editted out the hotel name. Not sure they'd want that getting out to the world. Let's just leave it at the city/state.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
See ya tomorrow

Hopefully I can get some photos on Tuesday. I can't wait to see what we will find out tomorrow. See every one later and thanks for lettin me join this great forum! Thanks mceb!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
oregon solstice said:
Hopefully I can get some photos on Tuesday. I can't wait to see what we will find out tomorrow. See every one later and thanks for lettin me join this great forum! Thanks mceb!
No, thank you!

·
5,600 Posts
SlipSlider said:
I think it would be a nice gesture from them if they posted on here. We would all be glad to read something from them.
How do you know they don't? Anyone can use a screen name.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts