Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you think the Aftermarket will accept these, i mean, personally, i would love to have short shifter, maybe a nice sounding exhaust, and some rims on mine. and maybe a few other goodies, just wondering what you guys think will happen with them, if they will produce parts for it as its a pretty low cost sports car.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
17 views and no reply, you guys arent very enthusiastic

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I imagine that it will be pretty good. Take the Miata for example. There is huge aftermarket for those roadsters, and the Solstice basically follows the same fomula.

Even if the Solstice had a quarter of the Miata's aftermarket reach, it would still be more than most cars.

GM is going to do some performance parts through their accessories division too, such as a performance exhaust.

·
Registered
905 Posts
007 DC5 said:
How do you think the Aftermarket will accept these, i mean, personally, i would love to have short shifter, maybe a nice sounding exhaust, and some rims on mine. and maybe a few other goodies, just wondering what you guys think will happen with them, if they will produce parts for it as its a pretty low cost sports car.
It already comes with a short shifter and like Fformula88 said, there will be a performance exhaust/intake available at delivery.

We've talked about this a lot in the technical section of the forum.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fformula88 said:
I imagine that it will be pretty good. Take the Miata for example. There is huge aftermarket for those roadsters, and the Solstice basically follows the same fomula.

Even if the Solstice had a quarter of the Miata's aftermarket reach, it would still be more than most cars.

GM is going to do some performance parts through their accessories division too, such as a performance exhaust.
General Motors doing a performance accessories division, thats warrantied, such as intake, exhaust, possibly even a header, short shifter, upgraded body kit, or something of that nature, that would be great. thiers nothing i like more than modding my cars, but i really like it when i can keep my warranty doing it as well.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adrenaline said:
It already comes with a short shifter and like Fformula88 said, there will be a performance exhaust/intake available at delivery.

oh, sorry ill check that out.

and by the way, just because it says it comes with a SS, doesnt mean you cant make it shorter.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
007 DC5 said:
I think these cars will be widely accepted by the public, and as such they will provide an opportunity for aftermarket accessory companies to cash in. I would like to see what becomes available.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually really wouldnt even care about headers or anything of that nature, i just want the exhaust, and intake, that will do me just fine, just a little more go. im buying one(sky or sol...cant decide) for a second car to my RSX i just want a convertible, so i just want it to look good, im gonna get a black one and put black rims with a chrome lip...ha ha just like my rsx, i think a good sounding nice looking exhaust would compliment this car greatly.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
It really looks like this is going to become GM's high end i4 engine for all of their models. It's the base engine for the Solstice, Sky, and G6 now. It's going to be the optional performance engine for the Cobalt SS and HHR. I wouldn't be suprised to see it in the ION and Malibu too eventually.

Sharing some components with the 2.2L and the 2.0L Supercharged some of those parts might easily cross over to this engine. However being the high end i4 as I said I also expect a lot of companies to look to making performance parts for this engine.

Depending on what engine the high powered Solstice uses, some of it's parts might also be usable on the 2.4L VVT engine too. Personally I can't wait to get my hands on that dual outlet exhaust we've seen on the leaked high output Solstice images. That dual outlet looks so hot!!!

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
brentil said:
It really looks like this is going to become GM's high end i4 engine for all of their models. It's the base engine for the Solstice, Sky, and G6 now. It's going to be the optional performance engine for the Cobalt SS and HHR. I wouldn't be suprised to see it in the ION and Malibu too eventually.

Sharing some components with the 2.2L and the 2.0L Supercharged some of those parts might easily cross over to this engine. However being the high end i4 as I said I also expect a lot of companies to look to making performance parts for this engine.

Depending on what engine the high powered Solstice uses, some of it's parts might also be usable on the 2.4L VVT engine too. Personally I can't wait to get my hands on that dual outlet exhaust we've seen on the leaked high output Solstice images. That dual outlet looks so hot!!!
I agree, the dual's look 10x as good,a dn i will be getting one, i hope that GM anty's up and makes some good warrantied products though too

·
5,600 Posts
007 DC5 said:
GM seems to have awakened to the tuner aftermarket. They are responding big time with the Cobalt. I can only assume they will support the Solstice and Sky as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Adrenaline said:

I'm a newby to the forum so please bear with me....This is the first that I've heard of the performance exhaust/intake available. Typical of the dealers, when i asked about it, I just got silence. ANy idea of added HP or cost. Could you also post the link/thread to the dialog???
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Mandrake said:
I'm a newby to the forum so please bear with me....This is the first that I've heard of the performance exhaust/intake available. Typical of the dealers, when i asked about it, I just got silence. ANy idea of added HP or cost. Could you also post the link/thread to the dialog???
Thanks
Small Dealer posted the prices here;
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=39794&highlight=muffler#post39794

Unfortunately the intake wasn't listed in that list for some reason. The exhaust seems very over priced too compared to other cat back exhaust systems. Like the GTO system costs $214. We also don't know if these systems add an extra power or not yet.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Mandrake said:
Thanks

Welcome! Review the tech threads or run a search. I know there are a couple of threads about the aftermarket (dealer) exhaust. Don't recall seeing any added HP figures but they might be hidden in there somewhere.

Shifter does look real short already, any shorter you might be scraping your knuckles! :lol: There are also some threads addressing after market wheels that might already fit the Sol bolt patern. With aftermarket rims I would be most concerning about the offset. The Solstice wheels mounting points are way out there and the stock tires just fit under the wheel wells.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Mandrake said:
Thanks
I think we came to conclusion that it would add around 6-8HP with the NA engine and then after you get a boost either via a Super or Turbo it would give around a 15-20HP boost.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
At least a few of us are hoping for a "coupe conversion" hardtop that would let us swap our roadster between a coupe and convertible for those who may need more space at times. Hopefully the aftermarket will deem it worthy of consideration if there is enough interest. I won't clutter this thread with it, but here's the thread if anybody is interested ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2689

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Adrenaline said:
I think we came to conclusion that it would add around 6-8HP with the NA engine and then after you get a boost either via a Super or Turbo it would give around a 15-20HP boost.
6-8 crank hp maybe, no way its gonna be 8 hp at the wheels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts