Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM kept telling us that there was going to be a surprise for us in the Solstice. Now since a lot of the details about the Solstice have been unleashed, any guesses to what the surprise is? I'll guess a "hard-top convertible"! (although this seems highly unlikely)

·
4,592 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
RODEO said:
daddyking said:
Now since a lot of the details about the Solstice have been unleashed.........QUOTE]
what details, Have I missed something????????
You've been busy having fun with your new MX-5. A lot of news over last few days. A car dealer posted prelim options and colors for Solstice and GM announced the unveiling of the Sky. Check FAQ, brentil made a nice website for the options colors. Also check this thread for all info (very long so go to bottom)...

Solstice Options and Colors Thread

Brentil's summary of options and colors

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Damb!! You're messing with my head! With the car shows on now, I saw this thread title and thought someone had actually found out a suprise, like 8cf of space in the trunk or supercharger option at the show. Retrac hard top?? Fahgeddamoudit!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
If there really is a surprise, I'll guess that they managed to get the Ecotec up to 180HP in the Solstice by virtue of the exhaust system and engine management programming. Way back when I seem to remember reading one GM exec saying they were trying to tweak the power to that level.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
tcl said:
If there really is a surprise, I'll guess that they managed to get the Ecotec up to 180HP in the Solstice by virtue of the exhaust system and engine management programming. Way back when I seem to remember reading one GM exec saying they were trying to tweak the power to that level.
More then likely the power listed is what we'll get stock. If we get a 'suprise' at all I'm betting it'll come in the form of GM Performance Parts and GM Accesories. They might develope performance exauhst, intake, ECU, etc to help boost the output to ~180.

·
Registered
192 Posts
brentil said:
More then likely the power listed is what we'll get stock. If we get a 'suprise' at all I'm betting it'll come in the form of GM Performance Parts and GM Accesories. They might develope performance exauhst, intake, ECU, etc to help boost the output to ~180.
It's a good bet that the surprise will cost extra.
:cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'd really like the surprise to be a top that could be operated from inside the car. Not a power top, just one that I can put up or down as easily as the one on my Miata.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
A hardtop wouldn't be a surprise, it would be an act of God on a car with a base price under $20K dollars!

When did GM say it had a surprise in relationship to the Solstice?

If there is a surprise here is what it will be. They have consistently told us the car would be available in the fall. The surprise is that it will actually be in dealers by June. :cool

·
Registered
97 Posts
Fformula88 said:
If there is a surprise here is what it will be. They have consistently told us the car would be available in the fall. The surprise is that it will actually be in dealers by June. :cool
Really? I've always heard production was going to start in the springtime. Jim Bunnell (Pontiac-GMC Marketing Manager) was interviewed in Dealer magazine recently. He stated the Solstice production was starting in springtime.

·
Registered
182 Posts
eatoninside said:
Really? I've always heard production was going to start in the springtime. Jim Bunnell (Pontiac-GMC Marketing Manager) was interviewed in Dealer magazine recently. He stated the Solstice production was starting in springtime.
every report out of gm has said to look for an early fall release, but i would be willing to wager that was just an estimate to cover their butt. we more or less know that production will start sometime this spring, but we don't know when they will ship the cars to the dealers. This could be anywhere from late spring to the fall. Personally I would bet on june for the summer solstice.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Fformula88 said:
A hardtop wouldn't be a surprise, it would be an act of God on a car with a base price under $20K dollars!
You know Ff88... you just made me spit up my coffee reading that! Pretty danged funny, I thought. :lol

·
Premium Member
10,405 Posts
Brian said:
every report out of gm has said to look for an early fall release, but i would be willing to wager that was just an estimate to cover their butt. we more or less know that production will start sometime this spring, but we don't know when they will ship the cars to the dealers. This could be anywhere from late spring to the fall. Personally I would bet on june for the summer solstice.
Well, Bob Lutz in the 11:15 press conferece video,(media.gm.com) just said and I quote "Solstice in Pontiac showrooms this summer"
:party

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Well, Bob Lutz in the 11:15 press conferece video,(media.gm.com) just said and I quote "Solstice in Pontiac showrooms this summer"
Finally confirmation from GM of we've known (or suspected) here for a while :jester

·
Registered
29 Posts
:eek :crazy I 'm in love with Opel's Tigra!

If (I think most likely) Solstice or Saturn have this top, and I fit in (large guy...) I would put my name on the waiting list...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts