Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Stig and I have developed a new technique that we feel every Solstice owner must master to properly and safely operate their vehicle. Much like the Heel And Toe technique, that allows a driver to properly rev match a down shift, the Switchover technique will allow every owner to enjoy their Solstice to the fullest.

We spent several hundred miles perfecting this process and now feel it is ready to reveal to the community. I recruited my lovely wife to demonstrate the technique. Please read carefully and practice in a safe location before attempting this while driving.

We think you'll find mastery of the Switchover indispensable.... :) ;) :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
shinoo said:
The Stig and I have developed a new technique that we feel every Solstice owner must master to properly and safely operate their vehicle. Much like the Heel And Toe technique, that allows a driver to properly rev match a down shift, the Switchover technique will allow every owner to enjoy their Solstice to the fullest.

We spent several hundred miles perfecting this process and now feel it is ready to reveal to the community. I recruited my lovely wife to demonstrate the technique. Please read carefully and practice in a safe location before attempting this while driving.

:glol:
I think we need to see it in motion, parked, then in motion motion :lol:

It's a technique that will be indispensible when the sky suddenly opens up, and luckily the top was already up, but both windows are down!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
shinoo said: "I recruited my lovely wife "

I think you should put the word lovely in all caps! :)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fortimir said:
Does she come with MY Solstice?
No, but DoriSan offered to.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Fortimir said:
Does she come with MY Solstice?
No, but if you have a Solstice, it will attract lovely young women (just hope your wife doesn't find out). ;)

·
2,574 Posts
Real challenge

Ok Shinoo,
Not bad for starters, but now that you guys have cut your teeth, how about a technique for getting out of the blasted thing with the pesky lock system! :lol:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
No, but if you have a Solstice, it will attract lovely young women (just hope your wife doesn't find out). ;)
Not married, so no worries there!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
shinoo said:
Nope. Though The Stig may be willing to ride shotgun with ya... :lol:
He can drive, since I've never owned a manual, or driven one outside a parking lot for that matter.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
And yes, something needs to be done about the locking system. I drop people off all the time, and it's going to be a pain.

·
Registered
41 Posts
shinoo said:

Dont tell my wife, that is the best option I have seen in a car ;)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Well............hello, Mrs. Shinooooooooo

Now if we can just get GM to put these nice ;) pictures and technique into the driver's manual!!

- bspate -

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fortimir said:
And yes, something needs to be done about the locking system. I drop people off all the time, and it's going to be a pain.
Well, if you stall the car every time you drop someone off, they'll A. be able to get out since you will have to turn key off and then back on while in neutral. B. won't ride with you anymore so it won't be a problem. Think of it as a car that Cooter has got hold of and the doors are welded shut. Who needs locks in Dixie?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortimir said:
Um, I don't want to be insensitive to your needs, but I remember when I was a kid and we had to pull up on the knob to get out of the car. ;)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Editguy said:
Um, I don't want to be insensitive to your needs, but I remember when I was a kid and we had to pull up on the knob to get out of the car. ;)
I personally don't have a problem with pulling up on the knob, but my guests always seem to do.

Right now when I drive my brother (15) and sister (11) around, and I drop them off... the doors don't unlock until you put the car in park. But hell, I don't need to put it in park... but sure enough, they pathetically look at me until I unlock the door for them. It's annoying.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
They're not ideal at all, and I don't know why they didn't locate the switches in the center console, but I have just learned to reach further back for them. Once you get it ingrained in your head where they are, it's not that big of a deal to reach back for them. GM, on future designs, put them in the center armrest or console and reduce head ache for everyone and save money too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts