Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Solsticeman, you need to swoop in and save us. :D

Welcome cmcgowan. Couple things. As a dealer you're not allowed to put your dealer information up, or attempt to makes sales via these forums unless you become a supporting dealler. To do so you need to PM Troy Roberts.

Also the information you have is a little wrong. Each dealer can get up to 5 cars, they're not garuanteeed 5 cars. The website to get the certificate to get the cars doesn't become available online until April 14th during the Apprentice TV show. If someone came in and made an order now they would actually make themselves inelidgible for the EOP program.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dealership is gauranteed 5 of the first 1000 :D were the number 4 Pontiac dealership in the nation and we've been allocated 5 of the first thousand so he may be getting five as well depending on who he works for.

·
5,641 Posts
Josh D said:
My dealership is gauranteed 5 of the first 1000 :D were the number 4 Pontiac dealership in the nation and we've been allocated 5 of the first thousand so he may be getting five as well depending on who he works for.
No dealer is guaranteed any cars in the EOP. They are eligible to get up to 5 if they have qualified buyers and the cars are available. And there has been no allocation of the four months of production after the EOP cars.

Please read the infomation Pontiac has sent to your dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Small Dealer said:
No dealer is guaranteed any cars in the EOP. They are eligible to get up to 5 if they have qualified buyers and the cars are available. And there has been no allocation of the four months of production after the EOP cars.

Please read the infomation Pontiac has sent to your dealership.

Ok let me rephrase that if we have five qualifed buyers which we will, we will get 5.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If all 2000+ enrolled dealers are trying to order at 2PM on the 15th, any dealer would be lucky to get more than one. No dealer has any advantage over another.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Josh D said:
Ok let me rephrase that if we have five qualifed buyers which we will, we will get 5.
Hey, ya know the big dealers in my neighborhood said the same thing. Funny thing is, I know more than they do about the program. I know that my zone manager has already called them and told them to pull the ad, b/c, like everybody with any authority has said, "DO NOT GUARANTEE YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT THEY WILL GET ONE OF THE FIRST 1000, EVEN IF THEY PAY CASH RIGHT NOW, TODAY." Maybe you didn't watch the EOP Broadcast in March.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
conejo148 said:
Hey, ya know the big dealers in my neighborhood said the same thing. Funny thing is, I know more than they do about the program. I know that my zone manager has already called them and told them to pull the ad, b/c, like everybody with any authority has said, "DO NOT GUARANTEE YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT THEY WILL GET ONE OF THE FIRST 1000, EVEN IF THEY PAY CASH RIGHT NOW, TODAY." Maybe you didn't watch the EOP Broadcast in March.

I am getting the impression that about 4 out of 5 dealers (those that participate in this forum being the obvious exception) don't know whats going on with EOP and are going to be left in the dark, (or their potential customers will be) when Apr 15 rolls around. I can see it know, a dozen Solstice wanabes see the Apprentice on Thursday eve and show at Mr. Big City dealer expecting to place and order and they the delater 1) Know little or nothing about the program; 2) Spend the next hour trying to find out ordering details they should already know, and; 3) the rest of us that are prepared go to our dealer who have carefully guided through this thing and have our order in at 2PM!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
PAS22 said:
I am getting the impression that about 4 out of 5 dealers (those that participate in this forum being the obvious exception) don't know whats going on with EOP and are going to be left in the dark, (or their potential customers will be) when Apr 15 rolls around. I can see it know, a dozen Solstice wanabes see the Apprentice on Thursday eve and show at Mr. Big City dealer expecting to place and order and they the delater 1) Know little or nothing about the program; 2) Spend the next hour trying to find out ordering details they should already know, and; 3) the rest of us that are prepared go to our dealer who have carefully guided through this thing and have our order in at 2PM!
Bingo! Let 'em run around like Keystone cops while we swoop in.

·
5,641 Posts
Josh D said:

Getting there. If you have 5 qualified buyers, then you may get anywhere between 0 and 5 of the EOP orders.

·
5,641 Posts
conejo148 said:
Hey, ya know the big dealers in my neighborhood said the same thing. Funny thing is, I know more than they do about the program.
Maybe instead of "first 1000 member" we can get "dealer who read and understands the EOP rules". ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Maybe instead of "first 1000 member" we can get "dealer who read and understands the EOP rules". ;)
I have an idea that I want to post up on the 1000 member board, but I don't see it listed today. Did I miss something last since night?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
conejo148 said:
I have an idea that I want to post up on the 1000 member board, but I don't see it listed today. Did I miss something last since night?
I think that was actually an accident on Troy's part. Those looked more like admin/mod forum areas and not user areas.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
mceb said:
Bingo! Let 'em run around like Keystone cops while we swoop in.
Yeah Baby!, Yeah!

Let them think they will get five...they'll get lazy and enter them after we get our share....i know - not very nice, but, after all, this is the first 1000!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
conejo148 said:
I'd like to hear it... mebbe you can PM the first 1,000 with it.

:glol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Wouldn't it be ironic, and great for us in the boonies - if NO big city dealer gets ANY of the EOP because of the fights in line because of what they promised to potential buyers :lol: It's ridiculous how any dealer anywhere can think that they are guaranteed anything in this program. It is strictly a cr**sh**t at 2PM and quite frankly any dealer that has a second customer to enter may just be SOL. Even with normal allocation that is no guarantee that a dealer will get all of those. Do you think every dealer is going to get full allocation of Bonneville and Sunfire which are both cancelled? What about strikes, material shortage. No guarantees until the transporter pulls away.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts