Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Remember me? I've been away from the forum for a while as the wait was hard enough without reading about all the cars being delivered... I ordered in April, and keep getting my date pushed back by my dealer - and ultimately, I guess, by the folks at Pontiac. They are now saying mid December. I suspect it won't come then, either, and at this point I hope its another 4 months late... I must be insane for not having cancelled my order by now... I must say, I am getting more and more nervous about buying a $30,000 product from a company that is so disorganised that they can't even tell me when they will make the damn thing... I once swore I'd never buy north american again (after a Probe GT), and I'm starting to think the folks in Asia are simply better at the whole car game...

Yes, I'm whining... I think I'm entitled! :brentil:

·
4,592 Posts
Hi Danno!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I feel yor pain

Danno,
:agree:
I am in the same boat.
My car is being build now and should come in December.
I have asked my dealer to order another car for April delivery since I am not interested getting the car in December and put it into storage.
They obliged and will sell my car when it comes in.

Hope to get mine in April or May, to drive top down.

Hang in there and perhaps talk to your dealer for late delivery.
Perhaps you have a storage place and can put it away in December. I would have to rent, which made my decision easier, saving thousands.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Why December???? I don't understand that long of a wait. I put my order in at the time of Apprentice and it was done Sept 17 and due at the dealer according to the invoice Oct 17. Did you get that far in production? Why would they keep making cars and even sending them out if we still have cars sitting there wating to be shipped?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LUVnSOL said:
Why December???? I don't understand that long of a wait. I put my order in at the time of Apprentice and it was done Sept 17 and due at the dealer according to the invoice Oct 17. Did you get that far in production? Why would they keep making cars and even sending them out if we still have cars sitting there wating to be shipped?
When you get an answer that makes sense... tell me!! :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SLY2T_OTT said:
Danno,
:agree:
I am in the same boat.
My car is being build now and should come in December.
I have asked my dealer to order another car for April delivery since I am not interested getting the car in December and put it into storage.
They obliged and will sell my car when it comes in.

Hope to get mine in April or May, to drive top down.

Hang in there and perhaps talk to your dealer for late delivery.
Perhaps you have a storage place and can put it away in December. I would have to rent, which made my decision easier, saving thousands.

Good luck.
that's a great idea... Nice of the dealer to accomodate you. But what are the odds that you new order will be late, and you'll miss the summer again?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Danno said:
that's a great idea... Nice of the dealer to accomodate you. But what are the odds that you new order will be late, and you'll miss the summer again?
It is a risk, but I trust my dealer. They have been very accomodating and totally understand the situation. I will even try to make a deal with them to keep my car over the winter in the showroom.
If I can't get one in spring - its over!!

·
4,592 Posts
Danno said:
Howdy! Are you driving a Solstice yet???
Nope, but I've driven one for 2 minutes :willy:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RODEO said:
Nope, but I've driven one for 2 minutes :willy:
Me too! I took one out for a spin one lunch time this summer, and that just made me even more frustrated!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I feel your pain and have ended mine.

I have come up with a simple solution. Cancelled my order effective today.

My salesman was really nice about it, aplogized for the delay. But I still don't understand how a mid allocation car ends up not being built this year. Oh well I guess I don't care at this point.

I am not storing the 330Ci this winter. Have winter tires mounted and will venture out whenever the conditions (hence the other drivers) are not TOO wierd.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fortyninenorth said:
I have come up with a simple solution. Cancelled my order effective today.

My salesman was really nice about it, aplogized for the delay. But I still don't understand how a mid allocation car ends up not being built this year. Oh well I guess I don't care at this point.

I am not storing the 330Ci this winter. Have winter tires mounted and will venture out whenever the conditions (hence the other drivers) are not TOO wierd.
I'd love to know how many people have been totally turned off the car due to delivery and Pontiac's COMPLETE inability to predict delivery... While the car is a beauty and I'd love to tool around in one, it galls me to know that i will spend my hard earned dollars on a company like that. And so far, the jury's out as to IF I still will spend it...

·
Registered
65 Posts
stang said:
Maybe Pontiac thought they needed to convert the delivery dates for Canada? So October 2005 US = March 2006 Canadian.

That is a very bad exchange rate :lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SLY2T_OTT said:
That is a very bad exchange rate :lol:
Hey Sly - you should check your avatar - there seems to be a problem with it. It looks like it's been stained by a big hunk of shi... Oh - my mistake... that Sens logo is supposed to be there! ;) (Go Leafs Go! ...and let's show some class and not bring up that nasty drubbing you gave us.)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
You could be onto something Stang.

Maybe they think that because we are metric, we only have 10 months not 12. Since November and December don't count, they can slide anything past Oct 31 into the new year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Danno said:
(Go Leafs Go! ...and let's show some class and not bring up that nasty drubbing you gave us.)

I hope the HOCKEY GODS are kind this year and I pray for Toronto making the playoffs. Please, please let them! :lol:

Nothing better then a good rivalry in the playoffs, AND THE SENS WILL NOT FAULTER AGAINST THE LEAFS THIS YEAR.

Mark my words.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey Danno,

I'm in the same boat as well. I ordered mine earlier this year and just recently found out about the build week of November 28. I doubt it'll come in December either based on the delivery times that most people have experienced on the forums. I'm keeping the faith and hopefully the car will arrive shortly.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
You could be onto something Stang.

Maybe they think that because we are metric, we only have 10 months not 12. Since November and December don't count, they can slide anything past Oct 31 into the new year.
:lol: That's probably it. The metric calendar.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
SLY2T_OTT said:
AND THE SENS WILL NOT FAULTER AGAINST THE LEAFS THIS YEAR.
I believe 2 years ago was the last time I heard that :cool:

And I never miss an opertunity to post this.

This is also good

:glol:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts