Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else considered that even though they badly want a Solstice it won’t happen for some time into the future? Given what we are seeing now, it’s easy to see that demand will greatly outnumber supply. In addition to the limited number of cars available I believe we will see cars that have been hammered by local dealers with the dreaded add-on “Market Adjustment”. Here are a couple of questions I have been asking myself and wondered how those of you who have not gotten their Solstice yet feel.
First; How long will you wait on ownership before moving on to another car? Second; If you have to pay a market adjustment how much are you willing to pay over a dealers normal mark-up?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
For me this would be a 3rd car and I can wait as long as it takes. Have contract for MSRP so #2 is not a problem.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Chip said:
Has anyone else considered that even though they badly want a Solstice it won’t happen for some time into the future? Given what we are seeing now, it’s easy to see that demand will greatly outnumber supply. In addition to the limited number of cars available I believe we will see cars that have been hammered by local dealers with the dreaded add-on “Market Adjustment”. Here are a couple of questions I have been asking myself and wondered how those of you who have not gotten their Solstice yet feel.
First; How long will you wait on ownership before moving on to another car? Second; If you have to pay a market adjustment how much are you willing to pay over a dealers normal mark-up?
As long as it takes and I will not pay more than MSRP -- ever! :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
MI Sol said:
For me this would be a 3rd car and I can wait as long as it takes. Have contract for MSRP so #2 is not a problem.
Similar situation, Solstice is/will be my "fun" car. My daily driver is a 2001 Nissan that only gets 7500 miles a year, should last me a looong time. I'm paying MSRP or so for my Sol as well.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
How long will I wait.......

I would only wait until December. If the Solstice is not here at that time, I will be purchasing a Lotus Elise. I'm currently at code "3000" and will probably see my car within 2 months. :yawn:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can wait

I will wait until my car gets here. No moving on for me.
I have already got a contract with my dealer for MSRP

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I will wait through next June, but after that I have to have another car. Otherwise, I would wait until it comes, unless something else came along that was as attractive and was available.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I will wait however long it takes to get my Solstice. I have a verbal agreement for MSRP on the car. If the dealer tries to screw me with a "market adjustment", I will raise holy hell for that dealer going back on their verbal contract and then move my order to a dealer willing to sell at MSRP, and start again from the beginning.

·
2,574 Posts
Don't need another car. Only buying because the Solstice came on the market. Happens to be as close as it gets to the exact car that I have always wanted. Not a Vette, Not a Porsche, Not a Ferrari (this is a lie but can't afford) I'm here till it comes but I know things will eventually move. I also have a MSRP guarantee but would not pay 5 cents over on principle. But I do think it's underpriced at a base of 20k. ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
My car came in last night... the dealer has two other cars on order with only one sold - someone backed out and he has an '06 up for grabs... It is just like VIN number 001. There hasn't been a big interest here, no one else even attempted to get one of the first 1000.

I am going to pick my car up tomorrow, there are a few issues that I noticed today -gouge in the inside front panel-wheel well area, only seen when the hood is up but on this car.... No big deal but I am going to take a friend and look the car over again tomorrow before I sign on the dotted line. My sticker is 25,000, even. (+ Tax ect). I am waiting to see it cleaned up - it sat in OHIO for quiet a while and was dirty. I didn't see any major gap issues like I had seen in Detroit. The front panel- by the left headlight has a small area that is just slightly different than the right-you can feel a bit of a lift-on a seam. It is a very small area and not noticeable-unless you're looking for it. Just a couple of minor things...

·
5,600 Posts
I am willing to wait a long time to get exactly what I want. I decided I could not get a 1st year Solstice due to the numerous bugs that were certain to plague any 1st year design. Now I want a GXP, which will not be offered for a year and then I am sure I will have to wait for the initial demand to subside before I can get one. So I have a long wait ahead of me.

I would never pay a penny above MSRP. The original Miata and PT Cruiser went for thousands above list but calmed down within 6 months. I don't understand people who don't have the patience to save several thoudsand dollars by waiting a few months.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I will wait until May or June. This will be my primary daily driver and my current vehicles are starting to nickel and dime me with repairs. If I don't have a Solstice in my garage by next summer, I will buy something else...regrettably. I will not drive another summer in a crappy car with AC that sucks. Tired of showing up at mid day meetings all hot and sweaty.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm in it for the long haul, but my patience is being tested with each day it gets cooler. When I purchased my car back in April I knew I probably wouldn't get it until late September early October, but now that, that time has come and I still don't have any clear indication as to when I might get my car. I think that is the most irritating aspect of this whole thing, not knowing anything more then what I did when I ordered 5 months ago.

If I got a call from Pontiac saying, you're car will be built in a 2 week time frame or even 3 weeks that would be better then going by a linear equation/guessing based on the weekly production stats. Who knows my dealer might not get their 3 orders filled until December since they weren't picked up until early August.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts