Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to experience a "monsoon" of the wet type...not the stereo type Friday night in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Rain was pretty heavy...no leaks! Visibility was nil and of course the roads were covered in oil...so nice and dirty was the state of affairs when we reached Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

Just like I say about Corvettes...they don't melt in the rain, and the car is meant to be driven! The curves around Eureka are great for trying out the handling...and it is every bit as good as the Vettes we had along. This thing is a roller skate with Corvette sized tires...what more could you expect?

Who is going to get to 100K miles on the odometer first?

·
Registered
19 Posts
From There

I am from Rogers/Bentonville & Eureka are. I live in Long Beach, CA now.; would love to get my Sol on those curves someday!

·
Registered
278 Posts
alright, a true driver, not one of those wussy trailer boys! i like you! my car will be DRIVEN to all shows i attend untill it cant make it anymore, and than im gonna swap the engines in her so she can again!

·
Registered
48 Posts
:agree: THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

essentially there are two types of drivers:

Those that are already cool: they drive their cars because they understand what the machine was invented for, and they truely understand the enjoyment of a roadster. Nothing will stop these ppl from driving a beautiful car like the solstice.

Those that buy it trying TO BE cool: they only drive on sunny, perfect weather days, garage it during the winter, and constantly talk about resale value (becuase they know that when their mid life crisis is over they will still be uncool, and wont want the car...or they know that their wife is eventually going to make them sell it so she can get a new SUV so as to keep up with the Jones's)

I will difinately enter in that contest to the first 100K miles...I put 57K on my pontiac sunfire this year alone...AND I HAVE A COMPANY VEHICLE THAT I DRIVE TO WORK!!!!! the joy of the drive...put a beautiful woman beside you, and no place to be anytime soon....there is nothing more perfect.

·
Registered
278 Posts
well, as stated in my sig, this car will be my sole driver, as i cant afford to have two cars on the road for just little young me. :D more than two seats, and a big trunk have proved useless to me. my celica is WAY too big a car for me. and thay call it a small car! pfft!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
toby said:
:agree: THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

essentially there are two types of drivers:

Those that are already cool: they drive their cars because they understand what the machine was invented for, and they truely understand the enjoyment of a roadster. Nothing will stop these ppl from driving a beautiful car like the solstice.

Those that buy it trying TO BE cool: they only drive on sunny, perfect weather days, garage it during the winter, and constantly talk about resale value (becuase they know that when their mid life crisis is over they will still be uncool, and wont want the car...or they know that their wife is eventually going to make them sell it so she can get a new SUV so as to keep up with the Jones's)

I will difinately enter in that contest to the first 100K miles...I put 57K on my pontiac sunfire this year alone...AND I HAVE A COMPANY VEHICLE THAT I DRIVE TO WORK!!!!! the joy of the drive...put a beautiful woman beside you, and no place to be anytime soon....there is nothing more perfect.
Our Car club had their annual car show two weeks ago, Now i drive my Corvair all over the place so i entered it in the Daily driver class. i came in second to a car that should never have been in that class.. It had Antique tags on it and according to the law cars with those tags can only be driven to parades, carshows and for service, NOT for everyday use. He should never have been in the same class with me... plus his car only showed 7,000 miles on it since it was completed, 6 years ago, I know coz I asked him...my car has had 10,000 miles put on it this year...and has 90,000 total miles on it now..
Cars were meant to be driven... otherwise buy a poster and hang in your garage...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Dry Cabin........

garytucker said:
Got to experience a "monsoon" of the wet type...not the stereo type Friday night in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Rain was pretty heavy...no leaks! Visibility was nil and of course the roads were covered in oil...so nice and dirty was the state of affairs when we reached Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
Cloth top review is good. Hope they all hold up as tested by GM on Pre-Production Cars. :yesnod:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm a driver!! Granted I usually drive my cars in to the ground. I'll probably baby this one, but I'll put the miles on it. If I need to do anything rough or heavy duty, that's what the Ford F150 is for. Granted it's an '84, but reliable.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Classic66vair said:
Our Car club had their annual car show two weeks ago, Now i drive my Corvair all over the place so i entered it in the Daily driver class. i came in second to a car that should never have been in that class.. It had Antique tags on it and according to the law cars with those tags can only be driven to parades, carshows and for service, NOT for everyday use. He should never have been in the same class with me... plus his car only showed 7,000 miles on it since it was completed, 6 years ago, I know coz I asked him...my car has had 10,000 miles put on it this year...and has 90,000 total miles on it now..
Cars were meant to be driven... otherwise buy a poster and hang in your garage...
nice cross post, lol! :yawn: :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah...we drive them!

1996 Corvette...Comp yellow coupe...less than 700 of them made...now has 117K miles

1986 Corvette...White over silver two-tone...4+3 manual...less than 700 of them made...has 125K miles...undergoing a full restoration right now...

1997 Miata STO...one of 2000 produced...automatic car...has 78K miles on it

Then we have the "everyday" cars...
2002 2500 HD GMC...99K miles
2000 Chrysler T&C minivan...grandkid mover...88K miles

Cars are not a true investment...drive them and enjoy them!!! You will be happier if you do. You can always repaint/re-powertrain when necessary.

·
Registered
48 Posts
gary, you rock, you are a role model to all "drivers"

·
Registered
249 Posts
Gary you do rock. Go to see a Corvette fan on the Solstice Forum. I sold my 98 Torch Red Corvette a few months ago. I want a Solstice, but I took a good 2 year lease deal on a Pontiac G6 while I'm waiting for the Solstice to be readily available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts