Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW...

Actually, they know about the forum. Talked w/ Shannon @ the EOP hotline today for the 3rd time..(Margot y-day-2nd time-Hi Ladies ;) .) Said I was asking about a question I saw on the forum, and she asked if it was "www.solsticeforum.com" I guess they have been watching for quite a while, and are in tune with a lot of the questions/concerns about eligibility, pricing, the GM Card, pics, everything. At least they care enough to take the opinions and posts to heart, and have the answers ready. I guess y'all could just say you're on the forum instead of blaming the salesman now.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Great. So long as no one gets in trouble it's a great way for them to see what's up.

Let me thank them for the eligibility questions early this week...had my blood boiling for a day when I thought I was flagged for being an "inside supplier" but now blood pressure has returned to normal ;)

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
I think a lot of us that have been around for a while, new they were reading our post, any marketing arm would jump at this type of free information from such a diverse number of people.
I hope they follow our recommendations of YELLOW and other colors plus a TAN TOP since the SKY will be getting one, meaning the supplier is already on board for this color (TAN TOP), so is a no brainer to add to the SOL.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
conejo148 said:
FWIW...

Actually, they know about the forum. Talked w/ Shannon @ the EOP hotline today for the 3rd time..(Margot y-day-2nd time-Hi Ladies ;) .) Said I was asking about a question I saw on the forum, and she asked if it was "www.solsticeforum.com" I guess they have been watching for quite a while, and are in tune with a lot of the questions/concerns about eligibility, pricing, the GM Card, pics, everything. At least they care enough to take the opinions and posts to heart, and have the answers ready. I guess y'all could just say you're on the forum instead of blaming the salesman now.
Thats good, they know our concerns, likes and dislikes. We are the ones that are most likely to buy the early production cars and evaluate them for everyone to here.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
If your in the Answer Line Business, watching a forum on the thing your dealing with makes your job a lot easier. But I wonder what other arms of the beast (GM) even know we exist. I know the retail end (dealers)with a few exceptions, chooses to remain clueless. Wonder how many people have been working on this car for years, engineering, marketing, etc. and have never Googled Solstice.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
DreamerDave said:
If your in the Answer Line Business, watching a forum on the thing your dealing with makes your job a lot easier. But I wonder what other arms of the beast (GM) even know we exist. I know the retail end (dealers)with a few exceptions, chooses to remain clueless. Wonder how many people have been working on this car for years, engineering, marketing, etc. and have never Googled Solstice.
I wouldn't be suprised if GM had people dedicated to doing nothing but watching us. Making sure insiders don't say the wrong thing. Measure our feelings on things, what we have to say, etc.

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Dave,
To me the dealer is not the problem but the folks that you mentioned in the last part of your post. The problem is that this forum of ours is at the tail end of this long process, but hopefully they would incorporate our ideas and comments in the future realeses of the car, and that is where the marketing arm needs to pay attention and take back our comments to the engineers, designers etc.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I like the fact that the dealer is industrious enough to seek out the information on the web when they cannot get it from GM directly. Good job!

One thing that helps us is that we have a few people that work at dealers here, so we get the information made available right away, and then quickly come to a consensus on what that information is actually saying, since we get multiple interpretations.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Fformula88 said:
One thing that helps us is that we have a few people that work at dealers here, so we get the information made available right away, and then quickly come to a consensus on what that information is actually saying, since we get multiple interpretations.
You've got a good point in that there's a lot to be said for "groupthink". One problem with it can be... I worked at a place (pre Internet, pre cubical) converted warehouse, hundreds of work stations. Found if someone asked, "What's the capital of...." We'd all discuss it. Come to a consciences. Problem solved. Till someone found a map and proved us all wrong. My desk eventually had an old encyclopedia behind it.
Hope we're not doing the same here too often.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
DreamerDave said:
You've got a good point in that there's a lot to be said for "groupthink". One problem with it can be... I worked at a place (pre Internet, pre cubical) converted warehouse, hundreds of work stations. Found if someone asked, "What's the capital of...." We'd all discuss it. Come to a consciences. Problem solved. Till someone found a map and proved us all wrong. My desk eventually had an old encyclopedia behind it.
Hope we're not doing the same here too often.
I don't think that is what we are normally doing here, at least in regards to the concrete information. What I see, especially with the EOP, is that people come on and post their dealer said X, or they got information about X, and then our numerous dealers all come on and confirm or deny the information by verifying the official word from GM.

On the flip side, I think we are making assumptions that lead us to incorrect conclusions which we hold onto until proven wrong. However, that seems somewhat natural too. We often speculate based on limited information, and try to draw conclusions based on that information. and what is reasonable.

Lets face it, we really need these cars to finally be for sale! :)

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
Ff88,
My thoughts were more towards are likes and dislikes about what we know about the car, for example; we complain about the two tone not been available for the Green and Red cars and they seem to have fix that, we keep complaining about the antenna and the XM PIMPLE placement, keep hinting about the color YELLOW, the gas tank discussion, the operation of the trunk etc.....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Curious nothing has been leaked about dealers not following the program, specially since I made an entire post of a dealer not following the program.

It is a smart idea for them to look on a form with some many people though.

LatinVenom, where from in Florida?

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
South Florida, since it is now all one big mess.

·
Registered
391 Posts
brentil said:
I wouldn't be suprised if GM had people dedicated to doing nothing but watching us. Making sure insiders don't say the wrong thing. Measure our feelings on things, what we have to say, etc.
Well then I will be nice this time;)
I think GM needs to put a V6 in the Kappa. I dont care what badge it has on it (I want a V6 Sky Please) and realy think the Kappa will have a HUGE problem if they dont offer a V6.
The "little bitty four banger only" idea was STUPID. WHY ON EARTH would a clean sheet of paper be so FLAWED?
WHY ON EARTH would a car so HUGE and heavy be so limmited on power? ( dont try to sell me a bandaid boosted four. I aint buying it. I want the real thing. A BIGGER ENGINE)
This car is HUGE, at just one inch narrower than a C6 people say a V6 wont fit?Lets be more realistic, GM you need to come up to the plate and just say the V6 is in the works. The car is made for a V6.
But I think the Kappa will get a V6 so I wont call anyone stupid in this thread. Just get the V6 out on the road before I have to build my own :cool:
And I did say I would be nice so I wont even talk about the gas tank being in the TRUNK?????????????? :devil:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Rickady88GT said:
Well then I will be nice this time;)
I think GM needs to put a V6 in the Kappa. I dont care what badge it has on it (I want a V6 Sky Please) and realy think the Kappa will have a HUGE problem if they dont offer a V6.
The "little bitty four banger only" idea was STUPID. WHY ON EARTH would a clean sheet of paper be so FLAWED?
WHY ON EARTH would a car so HUGE and heavy be so limmited on power? ( dont try to sell me a bandaid boosted four. I aint buying it. I want the real thing. A BIGGER ENGINE)
This car is HUGE, at just one inch narrower than a C6 people say a V6 wont fit?Lets be more realistic, GM you need to come up to the plate and just say the V6 is in the works. The car is made for a V6.
But I think the Kappa will get a V6 so I wont call anyone stupid in this thread. Just get the V6 out on the road before I have to build my own :cool:
And I did say I would be nice so I wont even talk about the gas tank being in the TRUNK?????????????? :devil:
You could have said the same thing about cars when the family sedan was downsized to V6 (Taurus, Grand Prix, Impala) I see nothing wrong with the Ecotec 4 in this car and its out of the box performance at iys price point is nothing to be ashamed of. We know that there are all kinds of possibilities to enhance this little engine or one like it that would let you pull up beside a C6 and go home with its pink slip.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Lets put the breaks on right there and come to a stop. Lets keep this as a thread about about GM watching us, and not another v6 vs i4 thread.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My 2000 Miata is no power demon. It has reasonable power from it's 4 cylinder motor and with a few additions like a new air intake, it performs reasonably well. I think GM is first trying to reach the roadster buyer who wants to tool around with the top down in a neat looking car. Something that won't break the bank like some of hte imports. GM will watch the sales and evaluate the potential for upgrading the power of the car based upon sales and demand. Don't forget that the Corvette was a dog for its first couple of years until GM decided to compete with the Thunderbird. I see GM offering upgrades for power which will at first be bolt-ons. That will be good for all of us who jumped in with the first vehicles. We should be able to purchase the bolt-ons from the dealers, or after market suppliers, and get immediate power additions to our stock motor. Within two years I see GM offering a 6 cylinder as an option, or even as the base motor. Don't forget that when a 4 cylinder grows to a 6 cylinder so does its weight. Gm will have to make the overall power gain great enough to compensate for the extra motor weight.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts