Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this-n-that

Before I get slammed for passing on junk, I happen to realize some people don't have the luxury of a budget affording them the option of just going out and spending $$$$ for whatever they want. So before I put this stuff to rest I thought I would offer them free to anyone that thinks they could used them.

1) Top: took this one off thinking I could do better. As it turns out the one I put on is actually worse in terms of mechanics and seals... in any case this is a headlined unit, mechanically sound with good rear window and side seals. Stitching is shot (as shown), but top is solid and did not leak. Those are not stains... just some spots from wet sanding another project.

2) Back trim panel: I picked this up to use for my roll bar project not wanting to cut up my original. Turns out I didn't have to as I used a harness bar instead of attaching to bulkhead. The good: no broken mounting tabs, storage & cup holder operational. The bad: someone has drilled a couple 1/2' holes at head rest height... and no, I have no idea why. It is a non sub-woofer blue panel.

3) Rear deck lid: No rust, but apparently the previous owner washed this car with a ball peen hammer. Certainly reparable, but way beyond the effort I was willing to endure. Great practice piece for those practicing their paintless dent repair :). This is a black onstar unit.

4) Corbeau A4 seat: This one unfortunately has a price of $500. Brand new (well ok I sat in it a couple times to realize it would not work for my application). This is a black leather, 5th slot, shaved bottom with Planted seat base. Although I did not measure, seat height seems to be about the same as a stock seat at it's lowest position. Dimensions can be found on the Corbeau site.

Naturally all this stuff is pick up as shipping would be ridiculous. I realize none of this stuff appeals to 99.99%, but did not want to throw anything out without offering. Items 1,2 & 3 no longer available.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Before I get slammed for passing on junk, I happen to realize some people don't have the luxury of a budget affording them the option of just going out and spending $$$$ for whatever they want. So before I put this stuff to rest I thought I would offer them free to anyone that thinks they could used them.

1) Top: took this one off thinking I could do better. As it turns out the one I put on is actually worse in terms of mechanics and seals... in any case this is a headlined unit, mechanically sound with good rear window and side seals. Stitching is shot (as shown), but top is solid and did not leak. Those are not stains... just some spots from wet sanding another project.

2) Back trim panel: I picked this up to use for my roll bar project not wanting to cut up my original. Turns out I didn't have to as I used a harness bar instead of attaching to bulkhead. The good: no broken mounting tabs, storage & cup holder operational. The bad: someone has drilled a couple 1/2' holes at head rest height... and no, I have no idea why. It is a non sub-woofer blue panel.

3) Rear deck lid: No rust, but apparently the previous owner washed this car with a ball peen hammer. Certainly reparable, but way beyond the effort I was willing to endure. Great practice piece for those practicing their paintless dent repair :). This is a black onstar unit.

4) Corbeau A4 seat: This one unfortunately has a price of $500. Brand new (well ok I sat in it a couple times to realize it would not work for my application). This is a black leather, 5th slot, shaved bottom with Planted seat base. Although I did not measure, seat height seems to be about the same as a stock seat at it's lowest position. Dimensions can be found on the Corbeau site.

Naturally all this stuff is pick up as shipping would be ridiculous. I realize none of this stuff appeals to 99.99%, but did not want to throw anything out without offering.

OOPS, forgot about this.

5) aftermarket no brand head unit: Worked (kinda) when in car. This was again the fine previous owner that used the logic..."hmm, these original tires are 12 years old and have 100,000 miles on them. I know, I'll butcher up the wiring harness and put this cheap radio in"... I digress. It has a digital tuner built in and access for back up camera, heck maybe it picks up the Russians discussing the next election.... I don't know, I just wanted it out of the car.

No longer available

·
Registered
39 Posts
OOPS, forgot about this.

5) aftermarket no brand head unit: Worked (kinda) when in car. This was again the fine previous owner that used the logic..."hmm, these original tires are 12 years old and have 100,000 miles on them. I know, I'll butcher up the wiring harness and put this cheap radio in"... I digress. It has a digital tuner built in and access for back up camera, heck maybe it picks up the Russians discussing the next election.... I don't know, I just wanted it out of the car.
Willing to ship the head unit?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure that should pack easily....as long as you pay shipping. Just pm me and we'll make arrangements.

·
Registered
338 Posts
What Color is the tops Lining? I would not mind adding a lining to my 2006.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are more than welcome to pick it up and see if that is feasible..... however I was hoping someone could use it as it is a functional top, but as long as someone gets something out of it I will feel better than just throwing it out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Headliner is black and is in nice shape....dusty, but no stains or tears. Kinda hard to open it up in it's free state so pic isn't all that great. As johnwr noted this would be quite a task and you may not want to tear your original top apart if it is in good condition, but you are more than welcome to give it a shot. I can pass on gm's service procedure if you want to see what you would be getting into.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts