Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined the forum in august. I really like reading all the magazine articles and and the front covers with soltice on them.With out knowing that all these stories exist with this car I just want to thank every one for their prompt post that evolve daily on this car .I know we are all in the same boat.WE all want our soltices to look at in are garages.I am keeping every picture and article on this car to hang in my soltice garage. WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE FORUM.THANKS

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
What I like about the forum

I appreciate all the support I get here, especially when everyone gets anxious about their orders and no info seems to be coming out of GM.

Whether its helpful info from SD, Cricket, GMLD and others, supportive comments from folks like deluke, mceb, brentil, etc. or just those who let us rant and get emotional, there just isn't anyone who understands our pain like the people on this forum. :grouphug:

I'm too choked up to go. sniff, sniff, *wiping a tear from my eye*

Peace, everyone! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Community service.
That's the mods keeping it all in the air, of course. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Obviously I have no life without the forum. Look at my post count since I joined a couple of months ago. :D

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
I noticed that very thing tonight as I perused the threads.
"He's been a real busy beaver since July, thought I." :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
solli4me said:
I noticed that very thing tonight as I perused the threads.
"He's been a real busy beaver since July, thought I." :lol:
And right you are, at least until I get my car :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I noticed my daily posts dropped drastically after my car came in last week. The driving part is more fun than the typing part. I'm certain the count will get back to normal after the weather starts to get cooler. :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
I noticed my daily posts dropped drastically after my car came in last week. The driving part is more fun than the typing part. I'm certain the count will get back to normal after the weather starts to get cooler. :lol:
Yeah, I'll still be here after I get my car. But I do suspect that my daily post count will drop dramatically :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Editguy said:
Yeah, I'll still be here after I get my car. But I do suspect that my daily post count will drop dramatically :lol:
Editguy, we're going to pitch in and buy you a new keyboard, yours must be wearing out by now.......

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I WAS JUST THINKING ONCE WE ALL TAKE DELIVERY MAYBEE IN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS ALL THESE POSTS WILL DROP BY NINETY PERCENT. EVERYONE WILL TELL THEIR STORIES ABOUT ALL THE CHICKS CHASING US DOWN. THIS CARS NIC NAME SHOULD CHIC MAGNET :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RODEO said:
Editguy, we're going to pitch in and buy you a new keyboard, yours must be wearing out by now.......

:glol: How did you get that pic of my keyboard??? :skep:
If you see letters missing in my posts it's not because I don't know how to spell, it's that d a r n keyboard!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
dave clancy said:
I WAS JUST THINKING ONCE WE ALL TAKE DELIVERY MAYBEE IN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS ALL THESE POSTS WILL DROP BY NINETY PERCENT. EVERYONE WILL TELL THEIR STORIES ABOUT ALL THE CHICKS CHASING US DOWN. THIS CARS NIC NAME SHOULD CHIC MAGNET :yesnod:
I think there are a few females here that might take exception to that statement ;)

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
There's a thread started in May about the chick thing which got a little passionate. My view remains the same:
"It is a magnet 'cause it sure attracted me..."

But, back on topic... :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
solli4me said:
There's a thread started in May about the chick thing which got a little passionate. My view remains the same:
"It is a magnet 'cause it sure attracted me..."

But, back on topic... :lol:
:glol: Okay, yeah, but I don't think that's what he had in mind!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just recently (Officialy) joined. I am a member on quite a few other forums and I must say that the level of respect for other members and their opinions, as well as the pure enthusiasm, is more evident here than most forums. I am reading posts and replies that are not only educational, but entertaining too.

This is just my observation, of course.

·
2,574 Posts
gravana1 said:
Just recently (Officialy) joined. I am a member on quite a few other forums and I must say that the level of respect for other members and their opinions, as well as the pure enthusiasm, is more evident here than most forums. I am reading posts and replies that are not only educational, but entertaining too.

This is just my observation, of course.

Good to hear the feedback. Am not one who is that familiar with the Forum world. It's nice to hear confirmation of what I assumed to be true about this place. The few excursions I have made to some similar sites have also left me heartened/impressed re: this one. Nice mix of informed posters and people who know how to make it fun. Learning a lot here.

·
Registered
182 Posts
birdliver said:
Good to hear the feedback. Am not one who is that familiar with the Forum world. It's nice to hear confirmation of what I assumed to be true about this place. The few excursions I have made to some similar sites have also left me heartened/impressed re: this one. Nice mix of informed posters and people who know how to make it fun. Learning a lot here.
Good people/users help. The other part of the equation is forum moderators. Good moderators truly do make the forums. I have been on a few that have no consistency in policy (monitoring thread content or identifying/addressing the people who just like to start trouble.) and no real consistent value to the people who own those vehicles. This is a refreshing change of pace and a great learning experience for me as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams..

We are a bunch of dreamers - A hand full of people with over active imaginations that can picture themselves enjoying the road in an expression of a car who's curves we've never caressed; who's leather has an aroma we've never known; and whose forcefulness we've never felt. We could see our desire in the ether before it materialized into something we could feel - because we could feel it - through the images of a magazine, the motion within a few seconds between scenes, the impact upon those who'd been so close.

It is beyond words - it is Solstice.

Hmmm...maybe I should send that to GM's Marketing Dept..

Anyway, we have a common desire - a thread, if you will, that ties us together. Unlike those in other forums, our desire has, up until recently, been almost exclusively without anything substantial to validate itself. Everything had to be extrapolated from images or he-said-she-said. It takes special people to look into the future and see something from nearly nothing..

Ah, I think I've gotten to deep and buried myself...Freakin Pisces...

·
Registered
106 Posts
theartfuldodger said:
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams..

and for those that have little or no cultural literacy - Gene Wilder said that to Veruca Salt LONG before Johnny Depp...

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
"I'd like to teach the world to chill
In perfect harmony"
Buy all the other cars you want
But leave the Solstice for me.

It's the REAL thing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts