Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think there is a chance of a Solstice or Solstice variation poping up somewhere in the race world? I would have never expected to see Cadillac go racing and they are... succesfully too. Think Pontiac will give it a try?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speaking of Hardtops (off-subject from racing though) I seem to remember Fiat Spider having a removable hardtop. I think the old Mecedes SL's had something like this has well. Was this aftermarket or did the manufacturers make them? Anyone heard anything about something like this from Pontiac?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Pontiac has always been involved in racing, and I would imagine they are targeting the Sosltice at some kind of racing. I would be surprised to see a hardtop for production/street cars, but I could easily see a Solstice race car with a hardtop added over a roll cage for racing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was sad when Pontiac left NASCAR.

I hope they decide to race something sometime soon.

·
Registered
281 Posts
pontiac is drifting a GTO, i bet the solstice would do nicely as well. im sure a few will show up in SCCA to battle the miata, too.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SouthPoleDesign said:
I was sad when Pontiac left NASCAR.

I hope they decide to race something sometime soon.
Leaving Nascar didn't bother me much. The cars look nothing like stockers anyway, and have very little in common. I also do not care for using 4 door sedans in Nascar, even if they have nothing to do with the stock car. The Taurus from Ford? Give me a break! :lol Same with the Dodge Intrepids.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts